PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Exaust Tip Ticket?????

CLEANLY SHAVED
05-27-2003, 10:24 PM
My buddy was driving along today and was pulled over. He was then issued an enlarged exaust tip ticket. His car isn't even that loud. Is there any merit to this, and is there anyway out of it? Does anybody have any experience with this issue?

Thanks

Blue Devil 2
05-27-2003, 10:26 PM
how much is that ticket worth??

Wildcat
05-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by CLEANLY SHAVED
My buddy was driving along today and was pulled over. He was then issued an enlarged exaust tip ticket. His car isn't even that loud. Is there any merit to this, and is there anyway out of it? Does anybody have any experience with this issue?

Thanks

ya man, happens all the time, cops hate that shit.. ya how much was the ticket? like 50-100?

CLEANLY SHAVED
05-27-2003, 10:30 PM
I think 125 I might be wrong though

^SkylinE^
05-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Yet another one!

CLEANLY SHAVED
05-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Is there anyway out of these? and is it the tip or having modified exaust? What is the catch? Why are we being penalized for this?

04blackMAX
05-27-2003, 10:36 PM
if there illegal, then canadain tire should be punished not us....i mean they are pretty much drug deals,....but pushun huge exhust tips..am i wrong

Superesc
05-27-2003, 11:10 PM
its illegal (by the book). pay the fine and move on.

ecstasyracer
05-27-2003, 11:13 PM
The law states that the exhuast tip can't be any bigger than it was from the factory. Its going to be funny when people who bought those crappy civic "street editions" get tickets becuase the cops think they have aftermarket tips on them.:D

Superesc
05-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
The law states that the exhuast tip can't be any bigger than it was from the factory. Its going to be funny when people who bought those crappy civic "street editions" get tickest becuase the cops think they have aftermarket tips on them.:D

Well in a sense they do have aftermarket tips, 'cause I presume the Dealers put them on? and not the "factory"?? :dunno:

(I haven't seen any "street edition" before... so I am taking a guess here)

Moonracer
05-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Ok I don't agree with really loud exhausts and why would they give a ticket based on the size of the tip? It should be based on how loud it actually is and if anybody should be getting a ticket for loud exhausts it should be all those assholes riding around on Harley's! Fuckin' things wake me up when they ride by my house, they interrupt my conversations for fuck sake when I'm either in my car or walking down the street. So there's no way you guys should be getting a ticket for YOUR exhausts that's total :bullshit: IMHO

boi-alien
05-28-2003, 12:22 AM
dude, i just got one today too... what a dick, he wanted to give me a ticket for something. he followed me for a good 20 minutes.

04blackMAX
05-28-2003, 01:01 AM
so fight it.....thats bullshit

benyl
05-28-2003, 08:44 AM
It is funny, I was just thinking about why Harleys don't get pulled over.

I figure the following.

1. Cops rid them for police bikes.
2. Sometimes those straight pipes are factory.
3. Harleys are mostly underpowered.
4. Harleys don't race like ricers.
5. Harleys are cool with the 40+ crowd including cops, lawmakers and high profile business men.
6. When was the last time you heard that two Harleys were racing down the street and someone died?

Coffee cans attract cops cause they think you are a ricer/racer. If you don't want their attention, don't mod your car that attracts their attention.

B17a
05-28-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by benyl
It is funny, I was just thinking about why Harleys don't get pulled over.

I figure the following.

1. Cops rid them for police bikes.
2. Sometimes those straight pipes are factory.
3. Harleys are mostly underpowered.
4. Harleys don't race like ricers.
5. Harleys are cool with the 40+ crowd including cops, lawmakers and high profile business men.
6. When was the last time you heard that two Harleys were racing down the street and someone died?

Coffee cans attract cops cause they think you are a ricer/racer. If you don't want their attention, don't mod your car that attracts their attention.

:werd: Good points about the Harley's. I think you're bang on about point 4 and 6 (other than biker gang wars!), although loud in stock form, in general they are much more behaved than 16yr old ricers.

jdmakkord
05-28-2003, 09:07 AM
Most harleys are bearable stock. But there are barely any that are stock. Believe me, most of em are waaaay louder than my accord. Besides, I dont gun it everywhere I go, but most hogs do.

2M6
05-28-2003, 06:24 PM
A Hardley needs to go WOT just to keep it's heavy/undepowered/oil-leaking ass moving!!!

I know exactly what you mean about coversations getting interrupted by Hardleys, happens to me all the time.

hinggu
05-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by CLEANLY SHAVED

Thanks

my bro tried to fight one once, and the first attendant prosecutor showed him the provincial highway law book that stated any enlargment of the muffler or exhaust tip over the stock size is illegal. Sorry! He did reduce the ticket, so your friend might want to try and fight it

ecstasyracer
05-28-2003, 06:59 PM
I am tired of hearing beat up old pickups with that really loud exhuast that sounds like gun shots going off. Thats way more annoying than import exhuasts. And atleast our vehicles are in good condition, the pickups are just loud becuase they are in bad shape. Cops should be pulling them over too.

Doodle
05-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Damn the po-leece its bullshit, they can pick on whoever they don't like personally.

generation2
05-28-2003, 10:18 PM
as long as it dont affect the way u control a car it should be fine but we cant do shiiit cuz ITS THE FUCKIN LAW....o well calgary has som dumb rules

terror
05-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I have a question.
I am being serious when I ask this, and I am asking on this forum because no one that I know has this sort of setup.
Why would you put one of those huge mufflers/tips on the car in the first place ?
I agree that not all of them are loud, as some of those cars seem to have retained the cat and resonator. Some are loud, thereby adding another infraction.
Can someone explain ?

rx7_turbo2
05-29-2003, 02:34 PM
I agree 100% with the vast majority of the rules, ie) colored lights, loud exhuast, tinted drivers side windows etc etc. I have a loud exhuast and if I got a ticket for it I would bight the bullet and deal with it, because it can be a public problem. But can someone explain to me how the size of your exhuast tip puts the public in any kind of danger or annoyance, that's no better than giving a ticket for having a sunroof, it's purely cosmetic it affects the general public in no way whatsoever.

kaput
05-29-2003, 05:39 PM

Khyron
05-29-2003, 06:18 PM
That's the whole point - it looks like cops are writing tickets for large tips, regardless of whether it's quieter than stock or not. I have no problems with safety things, and noise laws. I pay my tint tickets when I get them. But getting ticketed for cosmetic things? I don't like grapefruit shooter exhaust tips nor big wings, but I'm on the owners side if they get ticketed.

Khyron

kaput
05-29-2003, 10:20 PM

SilverRex
05-29-2003, 11:01 PM
by the way, how often do cops pull ppl over for larger exhust tips? like do they have a cop that does nothing better but chase down modify cars? or depends on the cop if he or she spots one? I've had mine cat back exhust 4" tip probablly around 6 months now and I do not know how long before I will get pull over. I know I was pull over for having a blue side market light in which I got a warning for it.

if I do get pull over for my tip I might have to think of getting something less agressive.

crxguy: have you got pull over for your tip yet?