PDA

View Full Version : compustar void warranty ??

vtec96
05-27-2003, 10:40 PM
just got my rsx today....
and I wanna install the compustar...will it void my warranty ??

lammer
05-27-2003, 11:00 PM
no.

szw
05-27-2003, 11:05 PM
If its installed improperly and screws something up, then you are on your own.

Even if it was installed correctly, and something goes wrong that is somewhat related to the install, the dealership could try to tell you its void. If they do that, just keep bitching at them.

Light_Speed
05-27-2003, 11:50 PM
the dealership will tell u that it will void the warranty if its not installed by them

vtec96
05-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Will it only void security warranty or whole warranty ?

szw
05-28-2003, 12:08 AM
just ask the service manager where you buy your car.

I'm sure you won't have a problem.

Remember you don't have to go to the dealer you bought the car from for warranty service.

MerfBall
05-28-2003, 08:06 AM
If you start having electrical problems after you install the alarm most dealers won't touch it for warranty.

If you have problems with your brakes than they probably would service them.

You can also take it to any Honda for warranty/service.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to install an aftermarket alarm? The factory alarms are pretty good.

Mckenzie
05-28-2003, 09:21 AM
It is hard to say. As mentioned above, if not installed by them it could void the warranty.

I know a guy whose mom wanted a remote start put into her Jeep Cherokee. She wanted to get it done at visions because her son works at visions. She called the dealership and they said it would void the warranty if not installed by them. So she went through the dealership for the install.

So the dealership phones the guy at visions 5 mins after she phoned the dealership to get the install done, and asks to book in a Jeep Cherokee for a remote start/alarm install. He told them to go to hell and hung up.:rolleyes: :dunno: :banghead: :thumbsdow

Those guys are criminals when it comes to aftermarket stuff....

vtec96
05-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Um....I still think compustar is better than the factory alarms..
thanks everyone~