PDA

View Full Version : Premium Investor Information and Research - Where to find??

broken_legs
02-23-2007, 01:57 AM
Hey Y'all

I recently signed up for GlobeINvestor Gold. It's pretty neat-o but not exactly what I want

I am looking for some sort of online tools or market access that will give me the following info:

- Charts:
I'd like to be able to choose the specific dates of the chart not just 1 yr, 3 yr 5yr starting from today. IE i want to chart a 3 month period in 2004 so I can actually see what happened on each day 2 years ago.

- Mutual Fund holdings:
Globe investor has this "Buyside" feature which supposedly tells you if a mutual fund is holding a particular stock or not. I'd like to be able to filter stocks on an exchange based on their percentage of institutional ownership

- Mutual fund cont'd:
I'd like to be able to see every single holding of a mutual fund, not just the top 5.. (is this even possible?)

- Filters:
I really really really want to be able to filter an exchange based on % volume changes. Or just have some way of tracking volume changes on a group of stocks not just the entire index.

- Level 2/Market Depth/ w/e
See who has been trading what for the previous trading day and the current trading day. See all of the market depth not just the 10 best on either side.

Any ideas where I might find all of this stuff in one convenient spot?

Any suggestions and experience are much appreciated

Thanks Guys

:)

2EFNFAST
02-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Charting: Use some program designed for it like Omega Research's Tradestation (free if you don't mind stealing it off the internet ^_^), or write your own semi-basic program using a combination of PHP and MySQL (php to download from Yahoo Finance, SQL to store and process it, and php to interface with SQL)

For indepth information, your best bet will be SEC filings (e.g., N-CSRS shows all holdings). Also funds over certain values have to file quarterly 13F-HRs which break down holdings

you have ot be careful where you take your portfolio breakdown information from - a lot of places will show the break-down, then in teeeeeeny-tiiiiiiny letters say 'as of (for e.g.,) 6/1/2006')

djayz
02-23-2007, 03:13 AM
globeinvestor gold shows mutual fund holdings and what percentage is owned

Look just a little harder and youll find it.

Also if you want to see your own stocks gains/losses just create a portfolio with whatever you want in it. Mutual funds stocks bonds anything.

broken_legs
02-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by djayz
globeinvestor gold shows mutual fund holdings and what percentage is owned

Look just a little harder and youll find it.

Also if you want to see your own stocks gains/losses just create a portfolio with whatever you want in it. Mutual funds stocks bonds anything.

Thanks Guys. I dont know if my internet hax0r skills are good enough to be programming SQL but I'll look into it :)

I already saw and used that feature and its pretty neat-o

What I was trying to do though was filter thorugh an exchange based on percent ownership of funds. Ie you can filter out stocks that have high or low portions of their common stock sitting in funds. Or filter an exchange based on the holding of a particular Fund.

Does anyone use TDWaterhouse on here?

Is there a way you can look at the most active gainers and volume high stocks?

Thanks again !

NP Aaron
02-23-2007, 01:51 PM
For most active gains/loss in either % or $ figures you can use TSX.com.

Canmorite
02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
If you're looking at America stocks try nasdaq.com, and use the filters on the left.

broken_legs
02-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by NP Aaron
For most active gains/loss in either % or $ figures you can use TSX.com.

Originally posted by Canmorite
If you're looking at America stocks try nasdaq.com, and use the filters on the left.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice.

I already use the TSX.COM but it is 20 minutes slow :zzz:
Also it only shows percent and dollar gainers

I'm looking for some sort of service where you can find stocks that are experiencing volume changes relative to their own average volume, not just the top gainers or top volume on the TSX. Usually by the time a stock hits the top 10 volume on the TSX the party is already over and everyone starts selling

:nut: :cry:

argh