PDA

View Full Version : Fucking pigs

ludeseeker
05-28-2003, 01:31 AM
I got off work one night and decided to call my buddies out for a drink. As I'm cruzing down 16th, I see a pig in a cruiser ahead so I slow down to limit. So the pig fucken pulls over and wait till a pass. Next thing i notice is the fucken pig tailing me and a fucken pig van beside me. A few minutes later, Im seeing red and blue, so i pull over. i look in my mirrors and see 3 fucking pigs standing outside with a hand on their pistols. i roll down my window and the pig says i have an illegal signal light because it's clear. how was i to know it was illegal, no one said shit to me before when i got pulled over. anyway he slips me ticket and tells me to leave. it took 3 pigs to give me a $34 ticket. they following me half way across town just for that. they had me shiting in my pants thinking i did something wrong. Can u believe this. I HATE PIGS

5.9 R/T
05-28-2003, 01:45 AM
Good for them. You had an illegal mod, they gave you a ticket. Do you expect them to look the other way when a murder is committed? The law IS the law. Suck it up.

James
05-28-2003, 02:00 AM
maybe if u referred to them as "cops" instead of "Pigs" 9 times...they'd be a little nicer :rolleyes:

B17a
05-28-2003, 06:56 AM
I can't even believe I'm replying to this ridiculous thread. Yet again, someone who thinks "pigs" have nothing better to do than harrass young people in modded cars. WTF don't you people understand? The law is the law, you're either breaking it or you're not! 5.9 said it best!

hjr
05-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Seriously, this isnt the 60's, and 'the man' isnt trying to get you down. Quit with the PIG raquet. Onec was enough to register your discust throught the internet, but after that and i personally stop giving a shit about you. But, well im a nice guy, sooo... you probably have white bulbs in your turn signals, which are clear i assume. That is illegal. Orange is the color. Take $2 and buy some. If the whole tail light is clear, thats illegal too. You are allowed to have clear turn signals as long as you have the corresponding orange bulbs.

legendboy
05-28-2003, 08:38 AM
whatever. you deserve more than a ticket for clear lights and altezza's :rofl:

spiceboy
05-28-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by B17a
I can't even believe I'm replying to this ridiculous thread. Yet again, someone who thinks "pigs" have nothing better to do than harrass young people in modded cars. WTF don't you people understand? The law is the law, you're either breaking it or you're not! 5.9 said it best!

I don't agree with that. 2 months ago I was travelling on Highway 1A with 2 other friends, each driving his Prelude. We were doing 110-120Km/h in a 100 zone. And there's this big white truck who wouldn't let us pass (single lane traffic). He would speed up whenever there came a straight road with passing lanes. Anyway, we passed it one after another (in a span of 15 min). Another 15min has passed until he caught up with us again. Turned out he's a Forest and wildlife officer and we got pulled over. You know what we got for ticket? "Driving without consideration for others" which is "Careless Driving". He accused ALL 3 OF US that we passed him on solid lines (at different spots) and caused the on-coming traffic to slow down and pull to the side to avoid collisions! There's not a freakin' fly in sight when we passed him. I'd admit that I was speeding, but that's not what I got the ticket for. So there, there ARE cops out there who have nothing better to do than trying to get innocent people.

kevie88
05-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Hmm.. You broke the law and got caught.. I wouldn't be angry with the cops if I were you, I'd be angry at my own ignorance.

Zephyr
05-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by spiceboy

I don't agree with that. 2 months ago I was travelling on Highway 1A with 2 other friends, each driving his Prelude. We were doing 110-120Km/h in a 100 zone. And there's this big white truck who wouldn't let us pass (single lane traffic). He would speed up whenever there came a straight road with passing lanes. Anyway, we passed it one after another (in a span of 15 min). Another 15min has passed until he caught up with us again. Turned out he's a Forest and wildlife officer and we got pulled over. You know what we got for ticket? "Driving without consideration for others" which is "Careless Driving". He accused ALL 3 OF US that we passed him on solid lines (at different spots) and caused the on-coming traffic to slow down and pull to the side to avoid collisions! There's not a freakin' fly in sight when we passed him. I'd admit that I was speeding, but that's not what I got the ticket for. So there, there ARE cops out there who have nothing better to do than trying to get innocent people.

dude stop whining, doing stupid shit like that deserves a ticket. u never know u might actually endanger someone whether u think so or not. its just like street racing, u dont do it because u might get into an accident and kill someone. sounds like u got some road rage, which is as bad as alcohol at the wheel.

man stop calling them pigs, they pull u over for a reason so just suck it up. only 34 dollars could of been worse. here in cali, they just tow ur car (if there is ANY illegal mod) and fine u over 100 USD plus the fee to get ur car out. so dont whine.

sin
05-28-2003, 09:56 AM
they're only doing their job, but sometimes they are bias.... but mostly not

spiceboy
05-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr

dude stop whining, doing stupid shit like that deserves a ticket. u never know u might actually endanger someone whether u think so or not. its just like street racing, u dont do it because u might get into an accident and kill someone. sounds like u got some road rage, which is as bad as alcohol at the wheel.

man stop calling them pigs, they pull u over for a reason so just suck it up. only 34 dollars could of been worse. here in cali, they just tow ur car (if there is ANY illegal mod) and fine u over 100 USD plus the fee to get ur car out. so dont whine.

Hey, I don't know where you read from my blurp that gave you the impression of "road rage", and also the "stupid shit that deserves a ticket" ... whatever that was. All I was saying is I was on a one lane highway and I passed a truck in a legal passing zone (as opposed to what the cops accused me of passing them on solid line) and there was NO oncoming traffic that the cops insisted. I was speeding 10+ and I deserved a speeding ticket, but not a reckless driving violation which is second to a Hit and Run. It almost cost me 6 demerits and $200 for something i DID NOT commit. I went to court and got it reduced, but my other friend is waiting for the official court date and trying to bring the justice to the court.

All I am saying is most of the cops are doing what they are supposed to do -- fighting crime and keeping peace. But there are black sheeps out there who abuse their power and authority

kaput
05-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Yes ludeseeker deserved a ticket, but calling in two backup units and having their hands on their guns is inappropriate, and I would be just as pissed off as he is if it happened to me.

rage2
05-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by kaput
having their hands on their guns is inappropriate, and I would be just as pissed off as he is if it happened to me.
How do the cops know you don't have a weapon ready for attack? You obviously have never been pulled over before, because the police will put their hands on their guns *every* single time they walk towards you.

Make the job easier for the cops. Put both your hands in plain view on the steering wheel so they can see them, that way it makes the situation less tense for both parties.

littledan
05-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by rage2

How do the cops know you don't have a weapon ready for attack? You obviously have never been pulled over before, because the police will put their hands on their guns *every* single time they walk towards you.

Make the job easier for the cops. Put both your hands in plain view on the steering wheel so they can see them, that way it makes the situation less tense for both parties.

:werd: you have to understand how it must feel from the cop's point of view... just look at the constable that was shot and killed in manitoba...:(

B17a
05-28-2003, 10:51 AM
I move to ban any further posts regarding any of the following topics:

a) fucking pigs
b) white cop getting a (insert: Asian, Black, Blue etc) brotha down
c) I drive a modded car so I automatically get picked on even though I drive like an idiot and my exhaust is 120 decibels, and all my lights except for my dome light are not in compliance with the laws of any country, and I try to race every car I can at any light, and I don't see anything wrong with racing at 3am down Crowchild because the cops should be out catching the real criminals, and if I get pulled over its because they're looking for things to bust me on and fill their monthly pig quotas.
d) anything else remotely related to the above.

Blue Devil 2
05-28-2003, 10:56 AM
It's a $34 ticket, that's nothing... all this swearing and bitching over that... :dunno:

Ben
05-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by B17a
I move to ban any further posts regarding any of the following topics:

a) fucking pigs
b) white cop getting a (insert: Asian, Black, Blue etc) brotha down
c) I drive a modded car so I automatically get picked on even though I drive like an idiot and my exhaust is 120 decibels, and all my lights except for my dome light are not in compliance with the laws of any country, and I try to race every car I can at any light, and I don't see anything wrong with racing at 3am down Crowchild because the cops should be out catching the real criminals, and if I get pulled over its because they're looking for things to bust me on and fill their monthly pig quotas.
d) anything else remotely related to the above.

you got my vote bro!:werd: :clap: :thumbsup:

lammer
05-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr

john wtf are you talkinga bout. haha the guy is talking about trying to make a pass on the road. that isn't a n illegal mod

kaput
05-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I haven't been pulled over before. I drive well and the only mod to my car is the exhaust, which was there when I bought it. I would fix that if I didn't plan to sell the car soon anyways.

I understand the whole gun thing is for their safety, but why the two backup units? Don't they make traffic stops alone all the time?

VeilSide
05-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Man this is so funny. you guys believe that cops are out their to give out tickets for clear bulbs. do you guys not see what is happening in the nw. its becasue of shit like this cops giving tickets for retarded reasons when they should be stopping crimes and catching the theives.

Ben
05-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by VeilSide
Man this is so funny. you guys believe that cops are out their to give out tickets for clear bulbs. do you guys not see what is happening in the nw. its becasue of shit like this cops giving tickets for retarded reasons when they should be stopping crimes and catching the theives.

All cops are not created equal. There is a Traffic unit, just as there is a homicide, Robbery, etc. Traffic unit takes care of traffic offences, thats their main roll.

Mckenzie
05-28-2003, 11:14 AM
I will say that some cops will take their job too far sometimes and give out tickets for stupid things like having clear lights and the wrong color of bulbs or a loud stereo.....

However they are doing their job. Ignorance for the law is no excuse, and when I got my first ticket for a u-turn on Macleod Trail, I honestly did not know it was illegal..... and I pleaded ignorance.....I still got the ticket though.

The law is the law and if you break it you should be punished and given a chance to defend yourself.

I look at tickets as a tax. Speeding for example.... Say I speed every day I go on Deerfoot. If I get two tickets a year for $100 or whatever, I am paying the $200 to be able to speed.

The ticket for clear bulbs.... while I dont think they should be illegal, it is not my decision. However, you have paid a tax to be able to have them in your car for as long as you have. you can either take them out and not get taxed, or you can leave them in and get it again.

I got a tinted window ticket last year for $37. As much as I was pissed, I gladly paid the ticket and moved on. I have derived more satisfaction (utility for you econ people ;)) out of my tinted windows than any fine will give me. Even if I receive more tickets, the tint is worth more to me. And if I get a ticket a year, that is like my tax for having tint.

I know its a fucked up way of looking at it, but it seems to make sense when you think about it. I mean c'mon.... for all of the times you have done something illeagal and not gotten caught, the $34 ticket makes up for it IMO.

More Bling = More Taxes....

So either lose the bling or ante up for more tickets....

Wildcat
05-28-2003, 11:15 AM

true, cops do have better things to do; but when they dont they still need to meet their quota (yes they have one, they can deny it all they want), i think they're just trying to put a damper on the "rice wave" as i put it, before things get out of control and idiots turn public streets into a drag strip/ death trap, my 0.02

Ben
05-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I will say that some cops will take their job too far sometimes and give out tickets for stupid things like having clear lights and the wrong color of bulbs or a loud stereo.....

However they are doing their job. Ignorance for the law is no excuse, and when I got my first ticket for a u-turn on Macleod Trail, I honestly did not know it was illegal..... and I pleaded ignorance.....I still got the ticket though.

The law is the law and if you break it you should be punished and given a chance to defend yourself.

I look at tickets as a tax. Speeding for example.... Say I speed every day I go on Deerfoot. If I get two tickets a year for $100 or whatever, I am paying the $200 to be able to speed.

The ticket for clear bulbs.... while I dont think they should be illegal, it is not my decision. However, you have paid a tax to be able to have them in your car for as long as you have. you can either take them out and not get taxed, or you can leave them in and get it again.

I got a tinted window ticket last year for $37. As much as I was pissed, I gladly paid the ticket and moved on. I have derived more satisfaction (utility for you econ people ;)) out of my tinted windows than any fine will give me. Even if I receive more tickets, the tint is worth more to me. And if I get a ticket a year, that is like my tax for having tint.

I know its a fucked up way of looking at it, but it seems to make sense when you think about it. I mean c'mon.... for all of the times you have done something illeagal and not gotten caught, the $34 tiket makes up for it IMO.

More Bling = More Taxes....

So either lose the bling

Excellent way of looking at it. Sure some things seem petty and as if the cop is picking on you, but remember, they have quotas that are not THE COPS CHOICE, they have to make them or they recieve diciplinary action.

Plain and simple, dont want to be pulled over, dont give them a reason to!

VeilSide
05-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Ben

All cops are not created equal. There is a Traffic unit, just as there is a homicide, Robbery, etc. Traffic unit takes care of traffic offences, thats their main roll.

So i suppose that you agree with the whole quota thing too? I don't think the cops are doing anything that is worth something and the quota things shows this.

VeilSide
05-28-2003, 11:20 AM
They are more like a business then the whole "to serve and protect".

Ben
05-28-2003, 11:21 AM
No, I think the quota thing is fuggin retarded, I would far rather the cops spend their time picking on serious offences, but we're only human, and when you have a target to hit or you get written up, c'est la vie. :dunno:.

VeilSide
05-28-2003, 11:30 AM
I just think there are way more importat things for them to do then hand out tickets for retarded things. and the cops that give you the tickets are also the ones that respond to calls and take car of other issues like finding stolen property. and its retarded to think that while they are giving a misly 34 dollar ticket somebody is getting their car broken into. Calgary Police is absolut B.S. they need to get their act together

Ben
05-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Calgary Police is absolut B.S. they need to get their act together

Move to Vancouver then if you thing CPS is bs. ;)

bksze
05-28-2003, 11:40 AM
i think you guys should keep in mind one very important fact

"the CPS do not make the law, they enforce the law"

by enforcing the law, that means there is a written document stating what is legal and what isn't . . . thus ensuring every charged offence is subject to as little officer discretion as possible . . . that means you probably did do something wrong if you're gettin charged

there's no need for me to read all these threads whining about what you got a ticket for . . . here's the procedure if you get a "bullshit" ticket
1. GO FIGHT IT
if you do have a case, then you'll win in court and you'll have the last word,

VeilSide
05-28-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by bksze
i think you guys should keep in mind one very important fact

"the CPS do not make the law, they enforce the law"

by enforcing the law, that means there is a written document stating what is legal and what isn't . . . thus ensuring every charged offence is subject to as little officer discretion as possible . . . that means you probably did do something wrong if you're gettin charged

there's no need for me to read all these threads whining about what you got a ticket for . . . here's the procedure if you get a "bullshit" ticket
1. GO FIGHT IT
if you do have a case, then you'll win in court and you'll have the last word,

very true. but they have the final decision wether they should pull you over or go on to more important things.

V_boy
05-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Why all of a sudden everyone is "backing the blue". I agree that if he has an illegal mod he deserves a ticket. But give the guy a break. He's just venting. I would be upset too if I got a ticket.

Ben
05-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by V_boy
He's just venting. I would be upset too if I got a ticket.

Yeah, he should be upset at himself.

Its not the cops fault he broke the law.

Wildcat
05-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ben
No, I think the quota thing is fuggin retarded, I would far rather the cops spend their time picking on serious offences, but we're only human, and when you have a target to hit or you get written up, c'est la vie. :dunno:.

agreed, quotas are BS, and are even illegal in some US states and very few canadian provinces.. how they inforce that law.. :dunno:

BigShow
05-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Yeah, he should be upset at himself.

Its not the cops fault he broke the law.

It's such a minor infraction, I would be pissed off too that they would pull me over and issue me a ticket for my light bulbs... cops arent't giving anyone breaks anymore.. why should we be giving them breaks? and why do you stick up for them so much?

Ben
05-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by BigShow

It's such a minor infraction, I would be pissed off too that they would pull me over and issue me a ticket for my light bulbs... cops arent't giving anyone breaks anymore.. why should we be giving them breaks? and why do you stick up for them so much?

Cause I'm a cop! :rolleyes:

Hollywood
05-28-2003, 12:19 PM
All I got to say about these comments is, for the people on the police's side you have not experienced what others may have. All I have is exhaust and very light tint on my pass/driver windows. The cop did'nt notice the tint but man he had the hate on so bad yelling and swearing and such, if some of you guys have experienced a few police pull overs that I have been in you would'nt be so quick to defend them. Plus I don't see what harm enlarged tips cause, I can understand the noise thing, but the tips size?..... When's that last time you've seen a 60's mustang pulled over for enlarged tips...There is racial profiling going on to, and if you are ignoring it you are just a zombie conformist.

P.S. I'll take the ticket's without the hate and the threats.

hkcivic2k2
05-28-2003, 12:19 PM
i got screwed over by a ambulance driver.....

the guy was tailing me for liek 10 mins down crowchild so i tapped the breaks...

the mofo radioeed my plates in to the cops .... but it was his ass tailing me... by tailing i mean mebie like 6-12" between our cars

gonna take the ticket to court anyways
i doubt he'll show....

BigShow
05-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by hkcivic2k2
i got screwed over by a ambulance driver.....

the guy was tailing me for liek 10 mins down crowchild so i tapped the breaks...

the mofo radioeed my plates in to the cops .... but it was his ass tailing me... by tailing i mean mebie like 6-12" between our cars

gonna take the ticket to court anyways
i doubt he'll show....

Ambulances usually have places to go, maybe he was trying to get you goin?

4wheeldrift
05-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BigShow

It's such a minor infraction, I would be pissed off too that they would pull me over and issue me a ticket for my light bulbs... cops arent't giving anyone breaks anymore.. why should we be giving them breaks? and why do you stick up for them so much? Because some of us are tired about seeing constant posts full of self righteous whining and bitching after getting busted for something the police officer was in every way right for handing out tickets for. "I got a ticket for speeding, fucking pigs should be out catching real criminals." Well like it or not, speeding is illegal and by catching you they did catch someone doing something illegal. Same with wrong colored bulbs and stuff like that. Those laws exist for a reason, for the safety of everyone else on the road. The police exist to enforce the laws, and they are doing it. The law is absolute, there is only right and wrong. Speeding is every bit as illegal as murder, the penalty just isn't as high. Would you like the cops to give murders, rapists and thieves breaks? They are all breaking the law too. Maybe we should give everyone breaks, and just not enforce the law any more. You want to see anarchy, this is a great way to start. Illegal is illegal. If anyone feels they are being ticketed unfairly, challenge the ticket in court instead of coming on here and acting like a whiny bitch because you got busted doing something you shouldn't have, or with something you shouldn't have had. If the ticket really was unjustified or unfair the courts will throw it out. The police ARE accountable for their actions, just like you are as a driver. And if you don't like the laws, I suggest you phone your MLA or your MP and tell them what you don't like about them. Believe it or not, you can change things if you want to badly enough.

CRXguy
05-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
All I got to say about these comments is, for the people on the police's side you have not experienced what others may have. All I have is exhaust and very light tint on my pass/driver windows. The cop did'nt notice the tint but man he had the hate on so bad yelling and swearing and such, if some of you guys have experienced a few police pull overs that I have been in you would'nt be so quick to defend them. Plus I don't see what harm enlarged tips cause, I can understand the noise thing, but the tips size?..... When's that last time you've seen a 60's mustang pulled over for enlarged tips...There is racial profiling going on to, and if you are ignoring it you are just a zombie conformist.

P.S. I'll take the ticket's without the hate and the threats.

:thumbsup:

BigShow
05-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Because some of us are tired about seeing constant posts full of self righteous whining and bitching after getting busted for something the police officer was in every way right for handing out tickets for. "I got a ticket for speeding, fucking pigs should be out catching real criminals." Well like it or not, speeding is illegal and by catching you they did catch someone doing something illegal. Same with wrong colored bulbs and stuff like that. Those laws exist for a reason, for the safety of everyone else on the road. The police exist to enforce the laws, and they are doing it. The law is absolute, there is only right and wrong. Speeding is every bit as illegal as murder, the penalty just isn't as high. Would you like the cops to give murders, rapists and thieves breaks? They are all breaking the law too. Maybe we should give everyone breaks, and just not enforce the law any more. You want to see anarchy, this is a great way to start. Illegal is illegal. If anyone feels they are being ticketed unfairly, challenge the ticket in court instead of coming on here and acting like a whiny bitch because you got busted doing something you shouldn't have, or with something you shouldn't have had. If the ticket really was unjustified or unfair the courts will throw it out. The police ARE accountable for their actions, just like you are as a driver. And if you don't like the laws, I suggest you phone your MLA or your MP and tell them what you don't like about them. Believe it or not, you can change things if you want to badly enough.

:zzz:

VeilSide
05-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Because some of us are tired about seeing constant posts full of self righteous whining and bitching after getting busted for something the police officer was in every way right for handing out tickets for. "I got a ticket for speeding, fucking pigs should be out catching real criminals." Well like it or not, speeding is illegal and by catching you they did catch someone doing something illegal. Same with wrong colored bulbs and stuff like that. Those laws exist for a reason, for the safety of everyone else on the road. The police exist to enforce the laws, and they are doing it. The law is absolute, there is only right and wrong. Speeding is every bit as illegal as murder, the penalty just isn't as high. Would you like the cops to give murders, rapists and thieves breaks? They are all breaking the law too. Maybe we should give everyone breaks, and just not enforce the law any more. You want to see anarchy, this is a great way to start. Illegal is illegal. If anyone feels they are being ticketed unfairly, challenge the ticket in court instead of coming on here and acting like a whiny bitch because you got busted doing something you shouldn't have, or with something you shouldn't have had. If the ticket really was unjustified or unfair the courts will throw it out. The police ARE accountable for their actions, just like you are as a driver. And if you don't like the laws, I suggest you phone your MLA or your MP and tell them what you don't like about them. Believe it or not, you can change things if you want to badly enough.

YOU MUST BE JOKING YOU CAN"T BE THIS RETARDED. it is not SPEEDING. its is a white bulb.

ScCab
05-28-2003, 12:38 PM
boo hoo everyone:zzz: