PDA

View Full Version : check stop on beddington

2000impreza
05-28-2003, 04:20 AM
alright... so i get waved over on beddington ~4:00AM. cop asks me if i've been drinking.. i tell him no. 3 other cops start looking at my car... i'm thinking wtf? then they told me my exhaust was modified. so i asked nicely what was modified about it. the other cops give me a puzzled look. so next they questioned light blubs and suspension. again i asked what was worng with my light blubs and suspension. get the same result. last... another cop kept going on and on about no side reflectors. i pointed to the corner of the bumper where i do in fact have a reflector(turn signal indicator). he kept on telling me you can't see it from the side. finally they let me go because they had nothing. fuck... its suppose to be a check stop not pick out whats worng with my fucking car..

dam_guy
05-28-2003, 04:39 AM
yeah, pass the check stop as well, but i just drove on the left lane and never got checked:D

Ben
05-28-2003, 04:45 AM
I'm all for check stops, but I think with what the ticket amounts have increased to, dont expect them to be like that more often

2000impreza
05-28-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Ben
dont expect them to be like that more often

considering there is nothing illegal on my car. no "enlarged" exhaust tip, all the blubs/signal lights are the right color, suspension is not too low, have the proper reflectors. its all about how your talk the talk. the minute you get cocky they WILL write you up for everything. i've been pulled over enough to know.

CRXguy
05-28-2003, 11:35 AM
well now they got the truck units out there pulling over commercial trucks, on beddington tr and country hill blvd. been at it for the last 3+ hours.

szw
05-28-2003, 11:39 AM
So did you have stock exhaust and rideheight or just not a big exhaust?

Ben
05-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
well now they got the truck units out there pulling over commercial trucks, on beddington tr and country hill blvd. been at it for the last 3+ hours.

They were on deerfoot yesterday morn right when you come out of McKenzie Lake.

CRXguy
05-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by szw
So did you have stock exhaust and rideheight or just not a big exhaust?

his car isn't even that low, it's just the wheels/tires filling up the gap. and the exhaust is stock looking. :D

ninjak84
05-28-2003, 01:53 PM
i'm agree with check stops too, and we need more of them on the road.

but i've been held at one for almost 30 minutes because of my LCD screen on the dash, and i was the designated driver too! i spent 3 hours at the bar without 1 drink, and thats what i get?

if you're going to setup a check stop, then catch some drunk drivers. dont harass me about my car.
it was such a waste of time. 3 cops had to have a meeting to decide whether i should get a ticket, while they ignored traffic for the time. :rolleyes: