PDA

View Full Version : Fluor: anyone work for them?

Grip172
02-24-2007, 06:08 PM
i got offered a job to start with FLUOR come this June. What are you guys thoughts or experiences with this company? I'd be a drafter 2. (civil/structural designer)

The Cosworth
02-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I got an offer from Fluor, the company is good but the money they are offering is about $5000 - $10,000 less then the average other offers I got, and plus two weeks vacation is a little slim.

Dont expect to get a lot of exposure to different things, they only bid on $10 Million + jobs so it takes years for 100 - 300 people to complete the job.

They are a good and stable company though, so its up to you, and what else you have coming down the pipe.

R!zz0
02-24-2007, 06:55 PM
If it's fluor Daniel then i was doing tech supprt for them while back. Great company to work with and they know how to take care of their employees. Is it the one in Sunpark Plaza?

The Cosworth
02-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
If it's fluor Daniel then i was doing tech supprt for them while back. Great company to work with and they know how to take care of their employees. Is it the one in Sunpark Plaza?

thats who I had my offer through.

RT16V
02-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Did you guys graduate from Civil Engineering Tech or EDDT at SAIT? What are the current starting compensation packages looking like for new grads these days?

Please PM with the details if you don't mind..

Thanks,

Blaine

The Cosworth
02-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by RT16V
Did you guys graduate from Civil Engineering Tech or EDDT at SAIT? What are the current starting compensation packages looking like for new grads these days?

Please PM with the details if you don't mind..

Thanks,

Blaine

I am an EET (electrical engineering technology) student in 4th semester right now, 3.97 GPA, had 4 offers,

I'll PM you

MackDawg
02-24-2007, 07:58 PM
IMO

I would go for "Sigit Automation", firstly they pay middle pack and secondly you can move up in the ranks rather quickly with a small company. Lastly If you stick with them they will reward you better than a huge company will. (ex. Stocks, and raises/ bonuses)

MY 2 cents

Peace

Marc.

The Cosworth
02-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by MackDawg
IMO

I would go for "Sigit Automation", firstly they pay middle pack and secondly you can move up in the ranks rather quickly with a small company. Lastly If you stick with them they will reward you better than a huge company will. (ex. Stocks, and raises/ bonuses)

MY 2 cents

Peace

Marc.

thanks for your input, i already know which one I am taking, i was just posting my offers so RT16V had an idea.

To: Grip172 sorry for jacking your thread, but hopefully that shows you what is out there, don't pass it up if this is the only thing you have applied/gotta a response for.

It is up to you to decide, and the opinions I expressed are MY opinions, I have heard different from other people.

Also O&G experience will NEVER hurt you.

RT16V
02-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Awesome, thanks for the input brendankharris!!
And yeah, sorry to Grip for jacking the thread.

Originally posted by brendankharris

thanks for your input, i already know which one I am taking, i was just posting my offers so RT16V had an idea.

Ill give you a hint, it was between hydro and sigit. Both are good but I am a long term thinker.

To: Grip172 sorry for jacking your thread, but hopefully that shows you what is out there, don't pass it up if this is the only thing you have applied/gotta a response for.

It is up to you to decide, and the opinions I expressed are MY opinions, I have heard different from other people.

Also O&G experience will NEVER hurt you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Grip172
02-25-2007, 12:00 AM
yeah thanks for the input guys

my offer is rather "low" i guess but its not too shabby i think either. I just don't want to jump on my first interview/first job offer. I have thrown out a ton of resumes but haven't heard much back from the companies. I have until march 12th to decide. I will probably accept it so at least i have SOMETHING going for me!!