PDA

View Full Version : What Performance mods are good?

Dayclone
02-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Alrighty your all probably getting sick and tired of me posting usless crap?

But I was wondering what would help the most in performance without like a big turbo or supercharger, umm I've heard full exhaust like 3" and headers, but what else could I do in terms of engine mods to support a turbo or supercharger? or anything that'll give me horsepower and torque!

Thanks,
Steve

R!zz0
02-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
but what else could I do in terms of engine mods to support a turbo or supercharger?

Bigger intercooler would be a good mod to do first. Gears, a good tune, cam, hardened pushrods, ported intake, bigger t.b, performance lifters, bigger injectors. There are tons.

De Dutch
02-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Uhhhhh Im confused. Are you asking what alternatives there are to a Supercharger (PS. As far as I know the only turbos out there for BMWs were customs jobs, but I did read something about stuff thats in development anyhoooo), or the best ways to get more out of your supercharger?

1. You will find this out quickly that most mods for your BMW = big $. That being said, here is a list of the most common "performance" mods, which would be a good place to start.

2. If you dont already have a SC, when do you get one all the BMW tuners such as Teknic, AA, ESA etc. offer various "Stages" of setups which will inlude things vary basic, ranging to high end such as alcohol injectors etc.

CAI - Brands such as UUC, Eurosport/Conforti, GruppeM, ECIS, K&N etc. Relatively cheap, wont do much but sound bad ass.

Exhaust - UUC, Eisenmann, GruppeM (For M3 only), uhhhhh drawing a blank, but again these all do about the same, just provide different sounds.

Pulleys - UUC is the one that comes to mind off the top of my head, but there are other brands. Cheap mod.

Chip/Software - The most popular seems to be the Shark Injector. It is made by Eurosport/Conforti I think. Relatively cheap.

The above mods range in price, but in the end give approx. 5-20 HP (on paper), and will result in little change in your car. I have a exhaust, intake, and various other little mods, and other than a MEAN fucking sound, I doubt my car is any faster. In fact, I have the sneaking suspicion that my GruppeM intake is actually hindering my performance ... oh well.

A REAL bang for your buck mod that will help you get some more speed out of your 320 is a differential swap. Ive been researching this a little, and everyone who had done it says its the best bang for your buck. Im not sure what kind of dif. your 320 has but I would imagine that a 3.38 or anything > will be sufficient. A 3.46 would prob be to much for your car. You would lose to much top end speed. Incase you dont know, this swap would give you more torgue, and you would have wayyyy better acceleration through your gears, therein making you quicker, but no faster at top speed.

Then there are little things to make your car perform better such as suspension, Strut Brace, Tranny Mounts, SSK ... etc.

When you start getting into headers and cams and the big ticket stuff, your going to pay BIG BIG BIG $, and no offense, but its NOT worth it for your 320, prob. not even on a 330. If you wanna spend big $, just save up and A. either upgrade your 320, or B. Buy a supercharger. Hope I was some help, just my 2 cents.

scat19
02-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Ive done an ECIS air intake, really love the sound.. performance... some say as much as 3whp lol ;)

johnnybad1
02-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Check out the Forced Induction section of bimmerforums.com...it's all there: DIY Turbo and all the information on the vendors who sell turbo and supercharger kits ready to bolt in. Check out http://www.activeautowerke.com

It seems like everybody and thier dog can bolt on the turbo parts but acquiring the correct software tuning is a bitch if you are OBDII.

Price of entry to the Forced induction game seems to be about 5 grand minimum to do things right and not build a hand-grenade motor...haha

Dayclone
02-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Can you do ECU yourself? like I've heard of it from http://www.carsoftinternational.com/default.htm but don't really know about it...

I want mods that are okay for now that'll give me HP and torque for later on when I get superchargers or turbo's and get lots of HP.

and De Dutch thnx for the long tips I will try some of them out.

Steve

johnnybad1
02-25-2007, 11:08 PM
If you are planning a turbo DO NOT install a hot cam with big overlap. However, if you are planning a supercharger in future, hotter cams is a good thing.

Dayclone
02-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Well I already have cold air intake,

next thing I just don't know is should I upgrade pistons or anything for a SC, cause I don't want my engine to be blowing up on me here...

Steve

hjr
02-26-2007, 04:55 PM
you may want to spend some time on the bmw boards for some of this info.

bimmerforums.com
bimmerwerkz.com
bmwboard.com

interlude
02-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by De Dutch
Uhhhhh Im confused. Are you asking what alternatives there are to a Supercharger (PS. As far as I know the only turbos out there for BMWs were customs jobs, but I did read something about stuff thats in development anyhoooo), or the best ways to get more out of your supercharger?

1. You will find this out quickly that most mods for your BMW = big $. That being said, here is a list of the most common "performance" mods, which would be a good place to start.

2. If you dont already have a SC, when do you get one all the BMW tuners such as Teknic, AA, ESA etc. offer various "Stages" of setups which will inlude things vary basic, ranging to high end such as alcohol injectors etc.

CAI - Brands such as UUC, Eurosport/Conforti, GruppeM, ECIS, K&N etc. Relatively cheap, wont do much but sound bad ass.

Exhaust - UUC, Eisenmann, GruppeM (For M3 only), uhhhhh drawing a blank, but again these all do about the same, just provide different sounds.

Pulleys - UUC is the one that comes to mind off the top of my head, but there are other brands. Cheap mod.

Chip/Software - The most popular seems to be the Shark Injector. It is made by Eurosport/Conforti I think. Relatively cheap.

The above mods range in price, but in the end give approx. 5-20 HP (on paper), and will result in little change in your car. I have a exhaust, intake, and various other little mods, and other than a MEAN fucking sound, I doubt my car is any faster. In fact, I have the sneaking suspicion that my GruppeM intake is actually hindering my performance ... oh well.

A REAL bang for your buck mod that will help you get some more speed out of your 320 is a differential swap. Ive been researching this a little, and everyone who had done it says its the best bang for your buck. Im not sure what kind of dif. your 320 has but I would imagine that a 3.38 or anything > will be sufficient. A 3.46 would prob be to much for your car. You would lose to much top end speed. Incase you dont know, this swap would give you more torgue, and you would have wayyyy better acceleration through your gears, therein making you quicker, but no faster at top speed.

Then there are little things to make your car perform better such as suspension, Strut Brace, Tranny Mounts, SSK ... etc.

When you start getting into headers and cams and the big ticket stuff, your going to pay BIG BIG BIG $, and no offense, but its NOT worth it for your 320, prob. not even on a 330. If you wanna spend big $, just save up and A. either upgrade your 320, or B. Buy a supercharger. Ho

pe I was some help, just my 2 cents.

:werd:

If you want a huge increase .. go with a supercharger. If you want to spend big money for small gains.. get the conforti shark injector and intake. Actually.. any mods to these cars is big $$

Go with some nice rims, shark injector/intake, and exhaust.. and enjoy your ride.

De Dutch
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Well I already have cold air intake,

next thing I just don't know is should I upgrade pistons or anything for a SC, cause I don't want my engine to be blowing up on me here...

Steve

If you just go with a Stage 1 kit from AA, ESA, Teknic etc., your engine will be fine.

This is just MY opinion, but I think you should really rethink the whole SC thing. Its not going to be cheap, and after parts, install, maintenance etc. your gonna be looking at somewhere between 7-10k, AT LEAST. I would recommend holding on to your cash and working towards upgrading your ride (ie. E36 M3, or E46 330, 325), or just say fuck it to the performance and go with styling upgrades like Bumpers, skirts, some SICK wheels, a drop etc. Becuase in all honesty, even with the SC and the knick nacks that are going to come with it, your 320i is not going to be puttin out much power, you can only do so much with that little 2.0l engine. But your body style (E46) is hot, so I would just run with the looks end of things and add an exhaust for some mean sound. IMHO.

qmf
02-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Vanos delete kit, Motec stand alone, Turbo it.

S/c that motor is pointless in my opinion, I would be surprised if you kept up with E46 M3's with it on......

white46
02-27-2007, 11:51 AM

If you just go with a Stage 1 kit from AA, ESA, Teknic etc., your engine will be fine.

This is just MY opinion, but I think you should really rethink the whole SC thing. Its not going to be cheap, and after parts, install, maintenance etc. your gonna be looking at somewhere between 7-10k, AT LEAST. I would recommend holding on to your cash and working towards upgrading your ride (ie. E36 M3, or E46 330, 325), or just say fuck it to the performance and go with styling upgrades like Bumpers, skirts, some SICK wheels, a drop etc. Becuase in all honesty, even with the SC and the knick nacks that are going to come with it, your 320i is not going to be puttin out much power, you can only do so much with that little 2.0l engine. But your body style (E46) is hot, so I would just run with the looks end of things and add an exhaust for some mean sound. IMHO.
well said.

msommers
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Alrighty your all probably getting sick and tired of me posting usless crap?

But I was wondering what would help the most in performance without like a big turbo or supercharger, umm I've heard full exhaust like 3" and headers, but what else could I do in terms of engine mods to support a turbo or supercharger? or anything that'll give me horsepower and torque!

Thanks,
Steve

Type-R stickers with an CAI and a 4" exhaust. I've heard speed holes make your car faster as well.

R!zz0
02-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Type-R stickers with an CAI and a 4" exhaust. I've heard speed holes make your car faster as well.

That was really http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Ghand/Gay.gif

De Dutch
02-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by qmf
Vanos delete kit, Motec stand alone, Turbo it.

S/c that motor is pointless in my opinion, I would be surprised if you kept up with E46 M3's with it on......

Forgive me if Im being thick, but am I missing a joke? As far as I know (And I dont know much about FI), but that stuff sounds like you quoted it from the fast and the furious. Motec stand alone? You had me chuckling with regards to the E46 M3 comment :rofl: . There is NO WAY he could keep up with a E46 M3. He might not even be able to stick with a 330. I know 330's with SC sometimes cant outrun stock E46 M3s (now that is open ended, it all depends on which stage of FI etc etc.). Referring to my last comment, this car is limited in the engine department. He will not be able to squeeze much out that little inline6 150bhp engine, FI included. It really just doesnt make sense to SC this car, and again, I dont think they make turbos for it. The BMW world is limited to mostly SC.

Dayclone
02-27-2007, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the tips I know it'll be expensive but my engine is a 2.2L if that makes any difference, but for sure I'm going for looks first. Performance later and save the dough for like a M3 engine swap? hahaha or not... just a nice SC will do. or perhaps like do small investment to get small gains... I always wanted a 300Hp car but I know I won't probably get that outta my car with a SC.

and yeh a inline 6 i head is good for something but don't remember quite what it was. But i still want performance sigh... guess I won't be doin that with my 2.2L V6 errr maybe do a differential swap eh?

Steve

interlude
02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
if you want performance, trade it in for a 330 or m3

Dayclone
02-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeh but I really don't want to go through all that trouble lol...

Steve

QuasarCav
02-27-2007, 05:38 PM

Steve

Than I suggest you drive the car stock until you have your priorities straight. Remember what you did with your Integra? I do.....

De Dutch
02-27-2007, 06:23 PM

Steve

But you wanna do a M3 engine swap!? HAHAHA, sounds like you know what you want, just sit on it for a bit, make sure you are 100%, then go for it. Do what makes you happy!

De Dutch
02-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Thanks for the tips I know it'll be expensive but my engine is a 2.2L if that makes any difference, but for sure I'm going for looks first. Performance later and save the dough for like a M3 engine swap? hahaha or not... just a nice SC will do. or perhaps like do small investment to get small gains... I always wanted a 300Hp car but I know I won't probably get that outta my car with a SC.

and yeh a inline 6 i head is good for something but don't remember quite what it was. But i still want performance sigh... guess I won't be doin that with my 2.2L V6 errr maybe do a differential swap eh?

Steve

Dont hate if Im wrong, but all 3 series are inline 6 (even M3). I wasnt knocking inline 6, Im just saying that its not worth it or possible to try and get a lot of power out of the 320 engine. That car will never be a 300hp car, and the amount of money your gonna drop into it, you could buy a 300hp car. :dunno: Alright Ive said enough, sorry for all the posts hehehehe ...

qmf
02-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Forgive me if Im being thick, but am I missing a joke? As far as I know (And I dont know much about FI), but that stuff sounds like you quoted it from the fast and the furious. Motec stand alone? You had me chuckling with regards to the E46 M3 comment :rofl: . There is NO WAY he could keep up with a E46 M3. He might not even be able to stick with a 330. I know 330's with SC sometimes cant outrun stock E46 M3s (now that is open ended, it all depends on which stage of FI etc etc.). Referring to my last comment, this car is limited in the engine department. He will not be able to squeeze much out that little inline6 150bhp engine, FI included. It really just doesnt make sense to SC this car, and again, I dont think they make turbos for it. The BMW world is limited to mostly SC.
Apparently you have never considered actually modifiying a 92'+ Bmw. Otherwise, you would understand what I said. And why you need all 3 of those components for a turbo kit to work properly in that type of Bmw.

E46 M3's are not as fast as there owners perceive them to be......remember a low 14 high 13 is not a fast car :thumbsup:

How do you not figure he can squeeze power out of that motor? Give your head a shake. And go read up on some Bmw's.

Dayclone
02-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Modding bimmers are always expensive, but I would like to find cheap alternatives to it, and perhaps put in a little that would give me a big difference, or perhaps little difference like air intake, and exhaust.

I'm not knocking you for being wrong or anything but I like the inline 6 engine, I've heard it can be very good for a SC setup because it's an inline 6 but if I were to get a SC i know it probably won't push around 300hp but aren't there ways to tune it and make it push 300hp?

Here's what inspired me http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/160_0611_et_2000_bmw_320i/

I must admit it looks really nice! but I dun think it says anything bout a SC...

I'm just wondering how he got the quad exhaust because the spare tire is there... and I have no idea how he would of done that...

Steve

johnnybad1
02-28-2007, 11:30 AM
If you cut through all the bling on that engine he's got an intake, pullies and a muffler....that's what, mabey 10 hp. It's really not much seat-of-the pants difference. I installed an intake and exhaust on my 2.8l E36 and there is a small difference at really high engine speeds but no big deal.

De Dutch
02-28-2007, 02:29 PM
:confused:

Whoaa lets rewind here because you were obviously offended by what I said.

Originally posted by qmf
[B]
Apparently you have never considered actually modifiying a 92'+ Bmw. Otherwise, you would understand what I said. And why you need all 3 of those components for a turbo kit to work properly in that type of Bmw.

Um your right. I have never considered modding a 92+ BMW, because I have an E46, and so does this guy (2001). So where does this have any application in what I was saying, or the subject at hand, (modding his 2001 320i)?

Originally posted by qmf
[B]
How do you not figure he can squeeze power out of that motor? Give your head a shake. And go read up on some Bmw's.

I didnt say he couldnt squeeze more power out of his engine, I just said he couldnt squeeze enough out to justify spending $8k. And he CERTAINLY couldnt squeeze out enough to compete with a E46 M3. For example (no bashing on your 320i intended), I know of a HIGHLY modded E46 330 who is running about as serious a SC setup that you can on a 330, and he doesnt smash stock E46 M3's (for those of you who browse e46fanatics.com, Im refering to Mike Benvo). This would lead me to believe that his 2.2l 150bhp 320i is incapable of joining that crowd.

E36 and E46's are different cars, and each has their own dif. modding possibilities. Turboing a E46 is simply not one of them (custom jobs aside). Perhaps you should give YOUR head a shake and go read up on some E46 BMWs. Clearly I know who to ask when Im looking to mod my 92+ BMW, obviously you have had success (500+ hp? wow) in that area. E46s are a different breed man.

De Dutch
02-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Modding bimmers are always expensive, but I would like to find cheap alternatives to it, and perhaps put in a little that would give me a big difference, or perhaps little difference like air intake, and exhaust.

I'm not knocking you for being wrong or anything but I like the inline 6 engine, I've heard it can be very good for a SC setup because it's an inline 6 but if I were to get a SC i know it probably won't push around 300hp but aren't there ways to tune it and make it push 300hp?

Here's what inspired me http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/160_0611_et_2000_bmw_320i/

I must admit it looks really nice! but I dun think it says anything bout a SC...

I'm just wondering how he got the quad exhaust because the spare tire is there... and I have no idea how he would of done that...

Steve

Dont get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with an inline 6. Like I said, as far as I know, all E46 3 series have an inline 6 (maybe the M3 has a V6, but im pretty sure its not). Im quite familar with that car, he frequents e46fanatics.com quite a bit. I recommend you check out their FI section. The guys in there are quite knowledgable, and they can answer your questions better than anyone on here. What Im trying to get at, and I dont mean this in ANY sort of insulting fashion, is that your 2.0l (yes its a 2.0l, not 2.2) has limits. You cant just take this engine throw on a super charger and expect a M3 killer, or even a 300hp car. Even with AMPLE AMOUNTS of tuning, I just dont think the possibilitie is there. BMW's are not known for hiding a lot of horsepower. For example, a Dodge SRT-4 can easily be modded to smoke a M3. Where as a M3, after dumping $10k+ into it, MAYBE could lay down 500rwhp. There are HEAVILY modded BMWs out there that are super fast, but that is just short of turning the car into a race car. Basically my point is the potential just isnt there, which is a bummer I know.

white46
02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
you need to do some study and make decision before spend money on it.

what's your final goal? FI?
if so, just save up money and don't do anything like shark or intake.
SC will probably cost you around 7k~10k
and as for Turbo, i'm not sure how much it will cost since there is no bolt on turbo kit for E46 yet. If you really want, you need to custom fabricate and who knows how much that will cost.

IMHO, don't go into FI. with that much money, just buy faster car.
just get
intake
header
ecu (not sure either Dinan or Shark has one for 320)
and if your car is auto, then get Dinan tranny software
if manual, get ssk and make clutch stop, and remove CDV if you have one.

just my $.02

scat19
02-28-2007, 05:51 PM

Dont get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with an inline 6. Like I said, as far as I know, all E46 3 series have an inline 6 (maybe the M3 has a V6, but im pretty sure its not). Im quite familar with that car, he frequents e46fanatics.com quite a bit. I recommend you check out their FI section. The guys in there are quite knowledgable, and they can answer your questions better than anyone on here. What Im trying to get at, and I dont mean this in ANY sort of insulting fashion, is that your 2.0l (yes its a 2.0l, not 2.2) has limits. You cant just take this engine throw on a super charger and expect a M3 killer, or even a 300hp car. Even with AMPLE AMOUNTS of tuning, I just dont think the possibilitie is there. BMW's are not known for hiding a lot of horsepower. For example, a Dodge SRT-4 can easily be modded to smoke a M3. Where as a M3, after dumping $10k+ into it, MAYBE could lay down 500rwhp. There are HEAVILY modded BMWs out there that are super fast, but that is just short of turning the car into a race car. Basically my point is the potential just isnt there, which is a bummer I know.

e46 m is an inline 6.

Go boost an E46 M - you can put down 500 whp easily ;)

Dayclone
02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Holy... I don't take any of your guys comments as an insult just looking for advice to what I should do since the 320i isn't that powerful, perhaps engine swaps? or something?

Or should I just stick strickly with looks? lol because I know in the end it wont be pushing 500hp to beat an SRT-4 lol

Alright but first question in the link that I provided previously, is that a M-tech bumper with a CSL Diffuser? or a retro fitted M3 rear bumper to get the quad exhaust? because I'm doing that for next project since I really don't think the SC is worth it anymore.

If I were to do a SC should I just swap in an engine that's worth it? or don't even bother with an SC setup since it's $$$. But thanks to everyone for the feedback! I appreciate it.

:drama:
Steve

De Dutch
02-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Here is a thread about a guy who did a engine swap. This will give you an idea about what it is going to take. You seem hell bent on making things hard for yourself! Hahahaha jk man.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=176943&highlight=M3+Engine+Swap

As for options for your rear, your options vary. You could do a custom Mtech 2, or a M3 replica. Both are available from www.euro-spec.net . This is probably the best place to look, good quality and very affordable. Then you just need to custom quad an exhaust or buy one from a brand that makes quads.

qmf
03-01-2007, 01:14 AM
:confused:

Whoaa lets rewind here because you were obviously offended by what I said.

Um your right. I have never considered modding a 92+ BMW, because I have an E46, and so does this guy (2001). So where does this have any application in what I was saying, or the subject at hand, (modding his 2001 320i)?

I didnt say he couldnt squeeze more power out of his engine, I just said he couldnt squeeze enough out to justify spending $8k. And he CERTAINLY couldnt squeeze out enough to compete with a E46 M3. For example (no bashing on your 320i intended), I know of a HIGHLY modded E46 330 who is running about as serious a SC setup that you can on a 330, and he doesnt smash stock E46 M3's (for those of you who browse e46fanatics.com, Im refering to Mike Benvo). This would lead me to believe that his 2.2l 150bhp 320i is incapable of joining that crowd.

E36 and E46's are different cars, and each has their own dif. modding possibilities. Turboing a E46 is simply not one of them (custom jobs aside). Perhaps you should give YOUR head a shake and go read up on some E46 BMWs. Clearly I know who to ask when Im looking to mod my 92+ BMW, obviously you have had success (500+ hp? wow) in that area. E46s are a different breed man.

When I said 92+, I was referring to any Bmw 92 and newer, referencing Vanos. Which in 92' E36's was not there. Vanos makes its very difficult to tune a Bmw, especially newer ones cause of the double vanos system used.

I know of a 318is E30 with a turbo set up that will eat E46 M3's. There is almost no limit to potentail or power, with any car. Either way, I am not here to go into an agrument with you. Not my intention. I just wanted to give some pointers to the guy :thumbsup:

qmf
03-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Its a sad day when bmw owners are bowing down to neons......

It is true that if your not willing to spend at least $10k, you wont be fast in that car. You would be better off doing cosmetic upgrades.

DoubleDown
03-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Where as a M3, after dumping $10k+ into it, MAYBE could lay down 500rwhp

Originally posted by scat19
Go boost an E46 M - you can put down 500 whp easily ;)

If by "easily", you mean "with a lot of money", then yes :) Unless you're writing your own software, 500whp is going to cost you closer to $25,000, assuming you can even do it reliably without opening up the bottom end.

If you're going NA, get an M3. If you're going FI, you can get power out of a 320/323 much cheaper than with the M3.

white46
03-01-2007, 09:52 AM
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/5/IMG_3110.jpg

this BMW inspired alot of people out there. :love:

don't know too much about this car other than widebodyed.
but one thing for sure is that if you can mode your car upto this level, then you have spend well over $10k.
it's almost rather easier to SC it.

more pictures can be found here.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=322508

oh, btw
OEM M3 rear bumper will not fit on any 3 series.
please take a look at
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426625

Dayclone
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey white46,

Yeh that BMW inspired me it's just awesome!

Except one more question about the rear.... if anyone knows...

With the Aftermarket kits like Hamman GTR or the Mtech2 or Mtech, does the M3 rear diffuser fit the Mtech2? In order to create the M3 rear look?

Steve

white46
03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
i don't think m3 rear diffuser will fit mtech2 rear.
first, m3 diffuser is for dual tip out, and mtech2 is single,
also i believe that m3 diffuser is shorter than mtech2 diffuser.

to create m3 rear look on 3 series, you will have 2 options.
1. wide body the car from rear fenders so the line of the car can go along with m3 rear bumper.

2. do alot of adjusting so the m3 bumper can fit on 3 series.

obviously the above car took the option number 1.

we are talking alot of money to custom fabricate m3 bumper into 3 series.

also as for sedan, there is black strip along the car, but m3 bumper doesn't have that. something to think about.

that's why most people just recommand to get mtech2 rear bumper. with mtech2 rear bumper, dual exhaust setup is relatively easy.

hope this helps. :)

Dayclone
03-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by white46
i don't think m3 rear diffuser will fit mtech2 rear.
first, m3 diffuser is for dual tip out, and mtech2 is single,
also i believe that m3 diffuser is shorter than mtech2 diffuser.

to create m3 rear look on 3 series, you will have 2 options.
1. wide body the car from rear fenders so the line of the car can go along with m3 rear bumper.

2. do alot of adjusting so the m3 bumper can fit on 3 series.

obviously the above car took the option number 1.

we are talking alot of money to custom fabricate m3 bumper into 3 series.

also as for sedan, there is black strip along the car, but m3 bumper doesn't have that. something to think about.

that's why most people just recommand to get mtech2 rear bumper. with mtech2 rear bumper, dual exhaust setup is relatively easy.

hope this helps. :)

Oh Alright, so the Mtech2 rear bumper would have dual setup like the M3? with the quad exhaust? and then I'll just have to make a custom exhaust?

scat19
03-03-2007, 02:07 PM

Oh Alright, so the Mtech2 rear bumper would have dual setup like the M3? with the quad exhaust? and then I'll just have to make a custom exhaust?

M3 Rear bumper will not fit sedan.

M3 Diffuser will NOT fit mtech bumper

Mtech bumper does NOT have qaud exhaust.

A bodyshop can cut a hole to match and you can have a custom qaud if you want.

white46
03-03-2007, 03:37 PM

scat is right.
mtech2 rear bumper has single muffler hole. but you can cut the diffuser to add muffler.

pic is more than thousand words. :)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/LakeShow423/PatDPE/IMG_0839.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6660/img13444xy.jpg

Dayclone
03-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow that's sick! thanks for the help guys guess it's off to a Mtech2 rear bumper! and a M3 look alike front bumper hehe

One more thing I would recommend a thick clear coat on the front of bumpers because my stock bumper has sooooo many rock chips in it's not even funny anymore.

Steve