PDA

View Full Version : Maximun number of demerits knocked?

New2Talon
02-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Dont know if this is the right section, if not mods please move it.

What is the most demerits anyones ever had knocked off when they went and fought it.

The laywer I talked to said the alberta gov't doesnt allow defense lawyers knock off all the points anymore, too many people off the hook. question is, if I were to fight it myself (w/o lawyer) could there be a chance I could get them all knocked, or will they not remove all of them anymore anyways (whether you use def lawyer, or fight it yourself)

Up until this ticket I have had a perfect driving abstract (1 photo radar) in the 3 years Ive been driving.

trieuth
02-25-2007, 03:08 PM
if you plead guilty and ask for a reduction in fines and points, the lowest you can get it down to is 2 demerits.

if you plead not guilty, and you win they toss out the ticket. if you lose you will be forced to pay the full amount.

97'Scort
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
What was the ticket for?

New2Talon
02-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Oops i thought i posted that in my OP. i was involved in an accident, rear ended him, my fault.

6point driving carelessly ticket. issued because when there are no witnesses avail. they must issue the maximun they can.

97'Scort
02-26-2007, 10:45 AM
You might not have much luck then. Accident tickets are much harder to fight than speeding tickets. You may wind up having to take a defensive driving course: they'll knock three demerits off if you do.

New2Talon
02-26-2007, 11:32 PM
i was going to fight it as either a bad lane change or a following to closely. i didnt think they would throw all points out anyways...