PDA

View Full Version : Forza Motorsport Showdown on Speed

#1hustler
02-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Anybody watch the "Forza Motorsport Showdown" on speed yesterday? Basically it's 6 amateur drivers given different cars and they compete, winners each week get points for upgrades. There was 2 350z's, a corvette, a mustang, and an old camaro and challenger.

The only name I recognized was Ken Gushi, I think he'll win considering he gave that kid in the 'vette a run for his money in the road race with a close to stock Z.

I'll take this show over listening to that tool on pinks.

I think it's on Wednesdays on Speed.

Click for Trailer (http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/6/0/260f631f-b607-46f0-8947-317db9d2a5b9/FORZA_30_FINAL.mov)

DonJuan
03-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I watched this yesterday, and found it pretty entertaining as to how badly some of these "racers" actually drive. The kid in that vette pisses me off, what a whiney bastard. I was really impressed though with the guy drivin the camaro, that is sick car control to be able to drift that beast.

Freebs
03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
damn i missed like half of that show... did any one tape it ahaha or any know where i could get it to watch it?? looks like a good show

also was i on crack or did i see a new Camaro on there?

mx73someday
03-04-2007, 05:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Forza+Showdown&search=Search

natejj
03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I watch it... its pretty funny. They need to show more stuff in the garage, like how much parts cost, how much a team spent on specific parts, and stuff like that.

The kid isnt that much of a whiner as you think, his team leader just gives him a real hard time. I think the japanese guy or the girl will win.

That.Guy.S30
03-04-2007, 12:26 PM
what i dont get about this show, is that how u can have a vette and the stock z race. is this the same concept as grand tirismo? where u start off buying a car with certain amount of credits and have the remainder for modification? if so, would the have to had mods in the first place, becuase the vette costs so much more?

403Gemini
03-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
what i dont get about this show, is that how u can have a vette and the stock z race. is this the same concept as grand tirismo? where u start off buying a car with certain amount of credits and have the remainder for modification? if so, would the have to had mods in the first place, becuase the vette costs so much more?

Yeah thats what sorta bugged me... there is A LOT of imbalance in this show. If that kid w/ the vette doesnt get in the top 1-2 positions... its clearly a problem w/ the driver ;)

Euro_Trash
03-04-2007, 12:54 PM
I think there is a problem with most of the drivers... did anyone watch them drag racing? Pretty poor (for example, you could see in one shot that the Mustang is supercharged, which should be able to run low 12's, and shes running high 12's, low 13's... makes it a lot less impressive that she won)

Also, the guy jumping the track and making a pass.... and no time penalty???

Euro_Trash
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Plus it made Year One look bad when both of their cars died in the road race :rolleyes:

Hash_man
03-04-2007, 01:53 PM
The show is OK.... I agree though that matching a stock 350Z with a vette is stupid, and I was actually pretty impressed at how close ken Gushi was most of the time.

The girl is kinda hot, and seems to know how to drive pretty well... and the guy drifting the camaro was pretty impressive too.

If they started the competition with cars that actually were comparable to each other in stock form then it would have been much better.

Mr_ET
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
aside from the cars not being evenly matched it's a good show

and I just saw that I missed the first 2 episodes :P

god bless youtube!

BigMass
03-04-2007, 07:49 PM
:werd: whats the point? great concept that i've been waiting for for years, but shitty implementation. Give me a Radical SR8 and i'll win all those competitions as well. What does that prove? Different cars are awesome, but you need similar performance. Weight and HP numbers should be similar. Let the 350Z use superchargers, let the muscle cars to major suspension, break and weight reduction work. Let the Corvette do... well, nothing. Keep it even. Watching Gushi work the dude in the Vette yet get owned on the straights was painful

redevil
03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
wow, just watched the final race...

The girl won! She is kinda hot!!:drool:

Dj_Stylz
03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
:werd: Damn everyone was mad when she won because shes a girl haha. But damn shes hot

Moe Man
03-14-2007, 11:38 PM
i cant belive that chalanger made it in second. that car was the worst car though out the entire show.

still think he deserves the win. he was going 40 for the majority of the last lap. she would have never caught him if he was gunning it.

CKY
03-15-2007, 04:10 AM
I think the reason why there was such a big disparity between the performance of the cars were offset by the driving skills. Just my little theory since the kid gets the vette and the chick gets the mustang, both of which are assumed to be the 2 best cars in the show given to the two drivers that seemed the least skilled

BigMass
03-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by CKY
I think the reason why there was such a big disparity between the performance of the cars were offset by the driving skills. Just my little theory since the kid gets the vette and the chick gets the mustang, both of which are assumed to be the 2 best cars in the show given to the two drivers that seemed the least skilled

just forced myself to watch the final race. It had nothing to do with skill, it was about who's piece of shit car didn't break down. By far Ken is the best driver out of all of them. Given equal cars *that don't break down* he'd win every event. So the contest is pointless. I mean if the cars didn't break down it might have been an interesting race given the "mods". The end result is like saying i'm a better driver than Michael Schumacher if his Ferrari breaks down 10 seconds into the race and i drive around the circuit in a Ford Pinto winning it. It's idiocy, as was the entire show.

The problem with that show and Pinks is those idiots can't build a car that won't break down to save their lives. I'd be better if they just ran stock cars with zero mods to keep the reliability. Just make everyone race on equal tires and add balast to the faster cars and allow weight savings to the slower ones.

D911
03-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Maannn, the first 5 of those 6 challanges were pretty pointless if they make the last challange worth nearly as much as all of the last 5 combined.

treg50
05-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I watched the marathon last night. Pretty cool show, it's like the game come to life. I agree the drivers, crews, and cars could have been more evenly matched... but I like seeing underdogs and darkhorses shock the favorite. HOWEVER, all of the various factors aside...

... my main reason for loving the show was how much it was like the video game:
- Seeing a several different hot cars challenging each other.
- Drivers with different competition backgrounds trying styles they're not use to.
- The win credit system.
- Teams buying upgrades with their credits.
- I had no problem seeing Cope win.

The Challenger crew chief was an idiot so he deserved to lose.

Ford Mustang reliability FTW! :D :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what cars they choose for the next season.

finboy
05-05-2007, 01:27 PM
i watched a couple episodes, i couldn't believe they put two 350z's in there though, and then had drag racing and road racing as the first event with a STOCK 350 vs. cars that are vastly superior stock to stock. ken gushi was impressive, but thats not really shocking, i think i saw an nsx in the game preview, it makes me kind of wonder what would have happened if they had given that to him instead of the z33. :devil:

MrSector9
05-05-2007, 04:11 PM
this show wasted 1.5 hours of my life.

katana9x4
05-07-2007, 07:02 PM
How can you guys think that chick is hot? I mean maybe if you could fit a paper bag over her head - but good luck doing that with her GIGANTIC NOSE!!!