PDA

View Full Version : World health Club prices?!

Grip172
02-26-2007, 09:31 PM
i called there and they won't give me any prices over the phone....so, does anyone know approximately how much a monthly membership will cost? He mentioned something that they can give me a few free trial workouts instead of the usual $20 drop in fee. $20 drop in fee? are you fucking kidding me? there must be some sort of mistake.

So any idea how much it is?

Palmiros
02-26-2007, 09:34 PM
That might be right..
World Health Club is the "upper class" gym.
PM me if you would like a "free trial"
:)

AquamosH
02-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I know at edgemont it's $20 to use the courts; $10 for just working out.

mvprimate
02-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I am a member. The start-up fees are pretty high (+100$)and i am paying 55$ a month because i didn't want to lock in for an entire year.

Nice facilities though although i would prefer towel service for the amount i am paying. The gym is an older crowd overall (not tons of hotties but that is probably not what you are there for anyways haha).

Does anyone know of anywhere near crestwood that is cheaper? I am going to have to reduce my spending for the next little while and every little bit helps.

TegLover
02-26-2007, 10:22 PM
i use to pay about $55/month for WHC sunridge. I saved a bunch on start up fees as they had some student discount thing (payed like $60). I realized it was a BIG RIP OFF as it came to like $660 a year. There are places way cheaper, not as nice but whatever. FREE MRC gym FTW haha.

Palmiros
02-26-2007, 10:25 PM
YMCA FTW!!

:hitit: :goflames: :clap: :burnout:

mvprimate
02-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Is there a ymca in west edmonton? Thats not a bad idea. They have a pool too don't they?

Grip172
02-26-2007, 11:28 PM
well i'd use the SAIT gym for free..but its b.s. and tiny and ALWAYS stupid busy.. haha

H4LFY2nR
02-27-2007, 01:35 AM
ya I pay $55/month at the Edgemont WHC, and I make sure to use as many towels as i want for that price. It is a nice place with LOTS of equipment, I prefer it over the Winter Club (when I go with my buddy) and definetely over UofC's gym.

CCM Pro
02-27-2007, 01:46 AM
I worked as a sales rep for years there...i can give you every single price and how to knock down the start up fees...they screwed me over bad and this is my payback as sad as that may be...haha

krisopotamus
02-27-2007, 09:38 AM
I was on a 14 day trial there, so had a free 14 days....it was a nice gym but damn the separate workout place for the ladies...haha theres more motivation to work harder when there is hot girls around you rather than across a wall.

lol but yeah, it is 20 bux to drop in, kinda dumb. They wanted me to pay 100 to join +35 for the tag + 60/month for 2 fucking months! by my math that is 127.50 a month lol!

CivicTunr
02-27-2007, 10:18 AM
im a member at the WHC on mccleod, i pay 45$/month, first payment is like 140$.

Shane1
02-27-2007, 10:26 AM
WTF...?

I've been paying $80 month now for my wives membership fo about 2 1/2 years. That includes daily babysitting for our daughter.

Who do we talk to to get a reduced or better rate then?

Oh, and she works out at Edgemont and it is the best facility I've seen in a while.

BlueFrenzy
02-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm paying about 45/month but I joined about 2 years ago during the New Years promotion so all the initiation fees were dropped.

Shane1 ---> are you on the gold (or whatever) membership level because that is the most expensive (the one that lets you go to any gym in the city). I'm on the cheapo bronze one (the one where you are only allowed to workout at one particular gym).

CivicTunr
02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
i pay 45$/month and i can go to all the gyms cept the downtown one(bay) and the one in the north west.

earlywinter
03-01-2007, 01:53 AM
I got a membership in december: $49/month, a couple one time fees, $35 and $39.

e36bmw///
03-01-2007, 02:20 AM
nm

TegLover
03-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by e36bmw///
free with tuition :)
i love school

Envitro
03-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I work out at the WHC Bay Club (downtown on 7th ave) and I pay something like $64 per month w/ GST. It gives me access to all of the clubs in Calgary and Edmonton.

I believe that's with my corporate discount as well, otherwise it would be about $75 per month before GST, or something like that.

ddmmak
03-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Yo.. im at the bay club.. i pay $55 a month and we get to used any other WHC in Calgary. I believe when i first joined up i just paid $20 admin fee or for them to print out the scan card and the last months fee in advance.

Euro838
03-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Yikes! That's a lot of $$$. Good thing it only costs me $20/month at Gold's!

Daxin
03-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I go to California Health club in midnapore. $20/month but locked in for 2 years.

ashee
03-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Shane1
WTF...?

I've been paying $80 month now for my wives membership fo about 2 1/2 years. That includes daily babysitting for our daughter.

Who do we talk to to get a reduced or better rate then?

Oh, and she works out at Edgemont and it is the best facility I've seen in a while.

You can't reduce the rate unless she either chooses to work out at Sunridge, Northill, Richmond, Southport or Macleod, and gets daycare taken off. Edgemont because it is an "elite" club with more benefits to its members it costs $10 more ($59) than the regular clubs ($49) and the daycare all inclusive plan is another $20 per month. I have worked with World Health for just over a year now if you have questions you can ask me.

Oh and about the $20 drop in fee it's to deter drop ins and promote enrollment, that's how they make money not by people dropping in, also it is a private club so having joe blows drop in all the time for $5 or $10 wouldn't exactly be fair to the members paying monthly to use the facilities. Our clubs appeal to a lot of people because they aren't full of 12 year olds ruining the equipment and goofing off and aren't full of skid rows.

interlude
03-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Euro838
Yikes! That's a lot of $$$. Good thing it only costs me $20/month at Gold's!

Is it still $20/month at Golds gym if you sign up now?

Whitetiger
03-18-2007, 02:30 AM
How much is Good Life?

I'm with WHC Southport @ $50/m (locked in)

3G
03-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by interlude

No. it 50 or soem shit now. Get this, my buddies membership expires soon and after it ends if he wants to continue theyll charge him double what hes paying now monthly so $80 a month.

ashee
03-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 3G

No. it 50 or soem shit now. Get this, my buddies membership expires soon and after it ends if he wants to continue theyll charge him double what hes paying now monthly so $80 a month.

I don't think they can do that if he signed a contract specifying monthly rates as whatever it was because then they would be breeching a contract.
I know on our agreements it says the member will pay X amount for 12/24 months depending on their comittment and then the next section says after 12/24 moths their dues will continue at X amount.

fiveabi
03-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Daxin
I go to California Health club in midnapore. $20/month but locked in for 2 years.

Yo is this California Health Club any good????
I've been there, and their change rooms are a little retarded but besides that how is it?

thanks,

Euro838
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by interlude

It's probably not $20/month anymore unless you can find someone who had this rate and can take over their committment. I have seen special promotions from Gold's every once in a while that is something like $25-$30 per month if you pay for 2 years upfront and then you get to keep the rate afterwards.

Daxin
03-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by fiveabi

Yo is this California Health Club any good????
I've been there, and their change rooms are a little retarded but besides that how is it?

thanks,

Its not like Gold's or WHC. It really doesn't have much to offer but the equipment. That is why it's pretty cheap.

fiveabi
03-20-2007, 12:03 AM
i think i shall join!

REFLUX
03-22-2007, 11:09 PM
thought WHC dropped their prices?
maybe that was only for a promo period, was like $30

I used to pay $40 then I cancelled

89coupe
03-23-2007, 10:26 AM
My World Health Club Membership is $59/mth

Thank God my company pays for it.:D

krisopotamus
03-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ashee

You can't reduce the rate unless she either chooses to work out at Sunridge, Northill, Richmond, Southport or Macleod, and gets daycare taken off. Edgemont because it is an "elite" club with more benefits to its members it costs $10 more ($59) than the regular clubs ($49) and the daycare all inclusive plan is another $20 per month. I have worked with World Health for just over a year now if you have questions you can ask me.

Oh and about the $20 drop in fee it's to deter drop ins and promote enrollment, that's how they make money not by people dropping in, also it is a private club so having joe blows drop in all the time for $5 or $10 wouldn't exactly be fair to the members paying monthly to use the facilities. Our clubs appeal to a lot of people because they aren't full of 12 year olds ruining the equipment and goofing off and aren't full of skid rows.

I take it you are a desk jockey there? First off, having people drop in gives more money per session than the average person who has a membership. The members reap the benefits assuming that money is spent improving the facility. Especially since during my 2 week trial at WHC the most people I saw in the facility at 1 time was 25 and they have more treadmills than that! plus the big weight room and womens weight room. They aren't exactly packed in there so they should maybe think about lowering the drop in to attract new members. They are so stupid that I told them I would pay 50 bucks a month to join for 2 months but they said no you have to pay 100 to register then 60 a month....i said straight up "i will pay 50 here or go elsewhere" and they said no...like how f'n stupid does a business have to be....especially since the only reason I could do 2 months was because I am moving out of town. It was 100 bucks extra for them profit at no extra cost but they said no....I now pay 22.50 at the Y

kerry
03-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I pay $53 at the Y.
Definitely worth it because of the given reasons,

1) eye candy (more of it)
2) sauna (always nice to use if you can)
3) no Ashee
4) don't feel weird with all of the old people staring at some "young kid"
5) no Ashee
6) way closer to my place, and way more in Canada to find (great when you're out of town)
and finally
7) no Ashee

krisopotamus
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by B16EM1
I pay $53 at the Y.
Definitely worth it because of the given reasons,

1) eye candy (more of it)
2) sauna (always nice to use if you can)
3) no Ashee
4) don't feel weird with all of the old people staring at some "young kid"
5) no Ashee
6) way closer to my place, and way more in Canada to find (great when you're out of town)
and finally
7) no Ashee

which Y are you at?

I'm at south, theres no eye candy there...maybe have seen 2 hot girls there that are my age. theres a few jailbaits and some nasty big ones....and alot of idiot highschool kids who take 10 minutes between sets and think they can save more than 1 machine at once so i just jump on it while they are on the other one...it frustrates me but its cheap and close so temporarily its fine

kerry
03-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I go to Crowfoot YMCA
The one in Shawnessy has GREAT eyecandy, or at least it did the 2 times I was there.
Crowfoot is great though for eye candy. Lots of girls that went to Francis that I have
seen before. I find that it gets lots of girls out of high school that don't go to uni as
well. Plus you can be an uber creep and check out the high school girls.

As far as waiting for machines, it's pretty good. Most people adhere quite closely
to the "30min" time on cardio machines. I don't hahaha. People there are generally
courteous when it comes to leaving machines and benches available in-between
sets. Just carry your towel and lay on it on machines.

With the issues with kids, the only real night that's bad at Crowfoot Y is Friday
because Friday is teen night. Usually they're quite strict with not letting kids onto the
"strength and conditioning" floor without their shoetag.

Darkane
03-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by krisopotamus

which Y are you at?

I'm at south, theres no eye candy there...maybe have seen 2 hot girls there that are my age. theres a few jailbaits and some nasty big ones....and alot of idiot highschool kids who take 10 minutes between sets and think they can save more than 1 machine at once so i just jump on it while they are on the other one...it frustrates me but its cheap and close so temporarily its fine

No eye candy at the shawnessy location? You must be mad man. There's Always chicks there. I love that place.

I pay 58.xx for 2 memberships a month. Booya.

kerry
03-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Seeeeee!!!!! Darkane know's what I'm talking about!

TVG
03-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Yup, Crowfoot Y had way better eye candy than the Shawnessy Y. It's also a way better gym in my opinion. The Shawnessy Y is so dark and gloomy...and the staff is almost exclusively 90 pound gay men..but I guess that can be said for most gyms.

jay42w8
03-23-2007, 11:34 PM
WHC definitely caters to a more mature crowd, which includes people who make enough money to NOT balk at the 50 dollar a month fee (not calling u guys chumps or anything but come on, does 15-20 bucks a month make that much of a difference to you guys that you would base your gym choice based solely on that?)...also, the min. age to sign up is 18 so we don't have dumbass teenagers loitering and just generally making the place uncomfortable, we are also not a "hardcore" gym so you won't see any roid junkies either...simply put, we are a gym that caters to the majority of the population...so if you're not stil in high school and you're not a roid junkie, then WHC will appeal to you...I chose WHC MAINLY for convenience, the fact that there are 7 location spread all around Calgary means I can workout anywhere I go, whether it be for work, school, or just simply moving to a different part of the city...ps. for all you downtown workers....the Bay club rocks...top of the Bay, great view of of the sky and the office buildings, and no women's only section means eye candy all around :thumbsup:

fiveabi
03-24-2007, 03:48 PM
WHC seems like a "gym" that caters to the average person who goes to the gym to "act" like he/she is "workingout".

jay42w8
03-25-2007, 02:41 PM
and where, may I ask, do you get that impression from? ie which WHC in particular did u visit and what actions in particular did you see that gave you this impression

judging from that statement, I'm guessing you are one of those hardcore advanced fitness types? and as such, you are looking down on those beginner to intermediate type gym goers who may not be able to keep up with you? is that it?

I could say the exact same about a place like Gold's where there are guys that try and bench 300 with a SPOTTER all the way down and up :guns: or who slam their dumbells on the ground after a "gruelling" set to make sure every one in the gym sees them and how much they were "lifting"

Darkane
03-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by TVG
Yup, Crowfoot Y had way better eye candy than the Shawnessy Y. It's also a way better gym in my opinion. The Shawnessy Y is so dark and gloomy...and the staff is almost exclusively 90 pound gay men..but I guess that can be said for most gyms.

Are you sure you went to Shawnessy? Its not dark at all, It has lots of windows, It has chicks.. For fuck sakes its connected to a high school! The overall equipment is better than crowfoot too. The Y in shawnessy is only 4.5 years old.

TVG
03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
It only has 1 power cage though, and I like the full metal dumbells at crowfoot better. But I kind of take the chicks thing back...I just came from the shawnessy Y and damn man...two totally jailbait girls wearing barely anything there...one of there pants was so low you could almost see her naughty bits!! lol.