PDA

View Full Version : 94 Celica GTS

Thorhorn
02-27-2007, 12:28 AM
just a question

i have a 94 celica GT-S

and been lookin around for engine swap

i found that alot of cars had the j spec ST205

but there on celica GT not GTS.. will that engine still fit my car??

Freestylin
02-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Yes...it will still fit in your car..but a little bit of modifications may be required...and good choice in the engine....lovin the 3rd gen 3S-GTE!

Thorhorn
02-27-2007, 12:39 AM
hey free.. thanks man

i got a question for ya tho.. i do not no anything about my celica lol

i was told from the guy at speedtech that the ONLY engine swap for my celica GTS would mean id have to convert to AWD

that true??

and are there any other good engines for hp out there that will get mine my car easy??

and whts GT4 mean??

Freestylin
02-27-2007, 01:04 AM
well...as much info as i can give ontop of my head.....all i can say is...

in japan...the GT4 is the rally version of the celica that came out in 1988 that was first started for the fourth gen celi (1986-1989).. it was equipped with a AWD system and turbo'ed engine that made it pretty much a well rounded car for its time... the celicas had the trims ST, GT, GTS, and GT-4..but over here in canada its called the ALL-TRAC..

the st and gt was mostly meant for economic purposes while the gts was meant for more power....but if u wanted to go all out..u can get the gt4 engine..

the first gen (86-89) had the ST165 engine, the 2nd gen(90-93) had the ST185, and the 3rd gen (94-99) had the ST205 engine which u are looking to swap into your car...

as for the conversion to AWD...i would believe that u would have to convert it....u might want to think about the total cost of the whole all trac conversion instead of just buying one...since the conversion may cost way more than just importing one

i would just suggest u to find another 3rd gen GTS engine 3S-GE to give you decent power for daily driving since its going to be a easier swap...

hope that helped ya out haha..

Thorhorn
02-27-2007, 01:12 AM
haha yah that helped alot.. another thing tho

exhaust.. can u get catback or anything.. or can i ONLY go the exhaust tip?

Thorhorn
02-27-2007, 01:13 AM
actully.. i want to get like 200+ HP.. any suggestions>>

Mitsu3000gt
02-27-2007, 11:39 AM
What's your budget? With all this work your planning on doing maybe your better off with a different car.

WALKER
02-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Well to start. The GTS in Canada is the same as the GT in the U.S. for 6th gen celicas (94-99). As for engine swap, yes you can swap in the 3S-GTE into your car. If you want all the information and answers go check out www.6gc.net.

You can do a full catback exhaust system after as well.

Send me a email and we can discuss further. I can answer any questions you may have about what can be done and what needs to be done.