PDA

View Full Version : The Prestige

Toma
02-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Great movie... rented it last night....

Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale....

and David Bowie plays a semi fictitious version of the greatest inventor of all time.

GQBalla
02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
i thought this movie was amazing!

left you thinking and everything till the very end

The Cosworth
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
You need to watch it a few times to really understand it all.

I really did like this movie, and there are rumors that Tesla was working on a medium-less transmission network. (I know you are referring to the fictitious Tesla coil.)

Recommend the movie to all.

Toma
02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
You need to watch it a few times to really understand it all.

I really did like this movie, and there are rumors that Tesla was working on a medium-less transmission network. (I know you are referring to the fictitious Tesla coil.)

Recommend the movie to all.
Fictitious Tesla coil? LOL buddy... I have built one, and many a science centre have them. The dude invented radio, remote control, fluorescent lighting, the tesla turbine, designed and built the power station at Niagra falls, invented pretty well anything and everything when it comes to AC power.... motors, generators, whatever.... and his wireless power system worked.... but how do you make money off something that was free? He even suggested radar 30 years ahead of its time, but no one was interested at the time lol...

Carlo
02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
sweet ill check it out

The Cosworth
02-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Toma

Fictitious Tesla coil? LOL buddy... I have built one, and many a science centre have them. The dude invented radio, remote control, fluorescent lighting, the tesla turbine, designed and built the power station at Niagra falls, invented pretty well anything and everything when it comes to AC power.... motors, generators, whatever.... and his wireless power system worked.... but how do you make money off something that was free? He even suggested radar 30 years ahead of its time, but no one was interested at the time lol...

I didn't want to give away that the Tesla coil in the movie was used for cloning, that is why it is fictitious.

Not the fact that a Tesla coil exists, I had to build one in 2nd year labs as well.

Also from what I read he never got the wireless system to transmit more than a few watts and it was supposed to be quite dangerous, with respect to power systems anyways

Toma
02-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris

I didn't want to give away that the Tesla coil in the movie was used for cloning, that is why it is fictitious.

Not the fact that a Tesla coil exists, I had to build one in 2nd year labs as well.
LOL.... oh, that part... yeah... I get ya now.

HoisinSauce
02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
the illusionist was a very good movie too

HyperZell
02-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, both movies are fantastic. I swear I created a thread awhile ago about The Illusionist (in August, I think) but I can't find it in the search. Anyways, both are extremely highly recommended. Edward Norton is unreal in The Illusionist, and both Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale are stellar in The Prestige.

Pihsiak
02-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I just kept thinking, "BATMAN VS WOLVERINE!!!"

I much prefered Edward Norton in the Illusionist

soupey
02-27-2007, 05:52 PM
hmm i'd say prestige > illusionist, but both were really well done...

at the end of prestige was the other magician dead in the box that they showed or was he grinning at him or something? that last part threw me off a bit...not sure what it meant.

Speed_69
02-27-2007, 06:01 PM
saw this movie when it first came out in theatres..AWESOME MOVIE! :thumbsup:
suspense throughout the whole movie but yea the last part threw me off as well:dunno: Highly recommend!:thumbsup:

HyperZell
02-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by soupey
hmm i'd say prestige > illusionist, but both were really well done...

at the end of prestige was the other magician dead in the box that they showed or was he grinning at him or something? that last part threw me off a bit...not sure what it meant.

It was just showing what happened to all of his clones, instead of just leaving it said.

Visual impact > verbal speech.