PDA

View Full Version : Like seriously who drives a vette in the winter?

Dayclone
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
So I pass 7-11 like everyday, and this guy always has his corevette parked outside all the time and it's dirty as hell... but I'm just thinkin what he would of thought when he bought this car, and decided to drive it in the winter because no one really drives vette's in the winter now do they?

but it's his decision, and I ain't flaming him cause of that. Just wanted to get my point across....

Steve

dawinder
02-27-2007, 08:22 PM
i saw one lambo and a 3rd gen supra on 17th ave 2 weekz ago

illeagle
02-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Maybe his wife left him and she took everything with her except for his Corvette, and now he works at 7-11 full time:dunno:

illeagle
02-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by dawinder

3rd gen supra's are common winter beaters:rofl:

benyl
02-27-2007, 08:27 PM
a car is meant to be driven. Nobody wants a garage queen.

dawinder
02-27-2007, 08:30 PM
haha osrry guyz i meant to say 4th gen

adam c
02-27-2007, 08:34 PM
cars are meant to be driven..

Hakkola
02-27-2007, 08:49 PM

:werd: Corvette isn't even that expensive, so I don't see what the big deal is, I see $120 000 Benz's and BMW's on the roads everyday. Corvette starts at $68 000.

brandon
02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
So I pass 7-11 like everyday, and this guy always has his corevette parked outside all the time and it's dirty as hell... but I'm just thinkin what he would of thought when he bought this car, and decided to drive it in the winter because no one really drives vette's in the winter now do they?

but it's his decision, and I ain't flaming him cause of that. Just wanted to get my point across....

Steve

hahaha you live in douglasdale don't you...

I see that same black corvette parked there yearround.

benyl
02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

:werd: Corvette isn't even that expensive, so I don't see what the big deal is, I see $120 000 Benz's and BMW's on the roads everyday. Corvette starts at $68 000.

:werd:

I saw an 2006 M5 on Saturday. I thought the guy was cool. Why drive a beater in the winter? Enjoy the car you paid good money for.

Accord_tunerx
02-27-2007, 09:04 PM
they drive it casue they just dont care...to much money

Sharpie
02-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
they drive it casue they just dont care...to much money
Or they drive it because its all they can afford..:dunno:

Personally if I owned a corvette I would drive it during winter..

sr20dets13
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM
i see tons of corvette's in winter..i dont see why it amazes you?

Graham_A_M
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
i saw a 3rd gen supra on 17th ave 2 weekz ago
So ?

I've seen a Masterati in the snow a few years ago. And it was THICK snow, with tons of gravel being poured on the ground.. it was hurtful to see :thumbsdow

Euro_Trash
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Or they drive it because its all they can afford..:dunno:

88CRX
02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by benyl

2EFNFAST
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Have you ever tried to daily drive a Viper in the winter.....fun (if you don't mind being a snowplow and having no traction :rofl: )

Euro_Trash
02-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Have you ever tried to daily drive a Viper in the winter.....fun (if you don't mind being a snowplow and having no traction :rofl: )

Yessss sounds like fun...... :dunno:

chris
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM

I saw an 2006 M5 on Saturday. I thought the guy was cool. Why drive a beater in the winter? Enjoy the car you paid good money for.

was it black? if so, that guy is the president of jim pattison leasing company, the m5 is his family car.

JAYMEZ
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Lol , ive driven my RX-7 and Supra in winter before ... Its fun lol

SWX
02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

The BMW and Benz are higher off the ground though, un like the guy i seen driving his Ferrari back in Dec.

Canadian 2.5RS
02-28-2007, 10:03 AM

My boss drives his '06 M5 everyday. He bought it so he wouldnt have to have a summer (911 turbo) and winter car (BMW 330xi). He sold them both and bought an M5 (he rolls on dubs in the summer :rofl: )

soupey
02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
ive seen one driving around the hamptons, it was insanely dirty too...if i personally had a car like that i'd definitely park it for the winter.

T-Dubbs
02-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

My boss drives his '06 M5 everyday. He bought it so he wouldnt have to have a summer (911 turbo) and winter car (BMW 330xi). He sold them both and bought an M5 (he rolls on dubs in the summer :rofl: )

my pops drives his '06 M5 in the winter, and its even lowered.
It has probly the most advanced traction control system on the market, but hes also got 19' winter tires :bigpimp:

DonJuan
02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
The reason I keep my car garaged and nice and warm in the winter time is not cuz of the rocks on the road, or the salt, or the cozt of winter tires. It's cuz of the people who cant drive in the conditions, the ones that are still doing well over the speed limit in very bad conditions and expecting their car to stop/handle the same as a regular summer day. Thats why I have a beater.

Case and point: BMW 330i on Shagannapi North by Northland mall. Slight snow fall in late December, and the snow is sticking on the ground; It's stuck blocking 2 lanes in barely an inch of snow.

modded46
02-28-2007, 01:02 PM
I've seen many porsches & even a few Z5's running around, I can't believe that crap either.. DUDE, PARK IT!

hjr
02-28-2007, 02:50 PM
as long as he gives it a cleaning regularly then should be fine. props to people who drive their shit. lots a bitches be all parkin that shit cause it might get a scratch. you miss out on life if your afraid of everything

magicmario
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
I saw a Bentley and a M5 driving around the past week... they were really dirty but still looked ballin!!!!!!

riceeater
02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
considering that so many people garage their neons and civics over the winter i'm not surprised to see a thread like this...

calgary is great in the winter, coz eventhough the side streets are still icy, and there's snow on the ground, the main roads are dry withing a day or two of the last snowstorm... so really, you can go crusing year round... at our old house we had a neighbour with an old ass car (50s or 60s, i dont know) and he'd drive it almost every weekend for a cruise

we are spoiled... i dont park my srt, coz i can still get my speed fix on the highways no problem. I live right at the edge of the city so there are a lot of rich acreage neighbourhoods by me, so i see corvettes and porsches on nice days throughout winter... a lot of times it's an older guy with his wife going for a cruise, so thats always good to see. There's even a 911 carrera at the end of my street, and the dude pretty much drives it year round

redline
02-28-2007, 03:53 PM

Orbie
02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I have a lot of respect for people that drive nice cars in the winter, slap on a set of snow tires, leave the lead foot at home and most any car can be driven in a Calgary winter. Cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed. I saw a guy driving his Flying Spur the other day in some really bad road conditions and he was getting along fine :thumbsup: the AWD does help though. What bugs me is people who take these nice cars and don't prep them for winter driving thinking it will be the same as summer. A few weeks back, I drove by this guy in an M3 with summers on who was holding everyone up because he couldn't get traction at a light :thumbsdow

turbotrip
02-28-2007, 04:00 PM
there are ferraris and lambos driving around in january and february so why would a corvette surprise you? the people who park their cars in the winter need to realize that its just a car and its not going to melt if it sees a little bit of snow or rain, etc.

Killa_Kam
02-28-2007, 04:14 PM

Steve
you think thats fucked, have you seen the 2000 ferrari rollin around in the ne:dunno:

Sorath
02-28-2007, 04:24 PM

exactly my skyline is daily driven and its making 400+hp

403Gemini
02-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Wheres that video of that guy in England who drove his brand new maserati in the snow? :D

man that guy is pimp.

Seriously though if a person can afford a car like that im pretty sure a few rock chips isnt going to piss them off too bad.

as said above, a car is meant to be driven, if i wanted to look at a car id buy a car and driver magazine

max_boost
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
You only keep a car for a few years anyway, so why not drive the hell out of it, enjoy it to the max and just move along to something better.

R!zz0
02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Don't vettes come with traction control? i've seen few LS1's around couple weeks ago and they have traction control. :dunno:

asp integra
02-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Lol , ive driven my RX-7 and Supra in winter before ... Its fun lol

hahah i was just gonna say that james drove the supra all last winter

403Gemini
02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
You only keep a car for a few years anyway, so why not drive the hell out of it, enjoy it to the max and just move along to something better.

my thoughts exactally.

1 word: warranty ;)

QuasarCav
02-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

my thoughts exactally.

1 word: warranty ;)

For rock chips?

Graham_A_M
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by magicmario
I saw a Bentley driving around the past week... really dirty but still looked ballin!!!!!!

:nut: WOW, I now have no reason to park anything I own over the winter :eek:

TNation
02-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
The reason I keep my car garaged and nice and warm in the winter time is not cuz of the rocks on the road, or the salt, or the cozt of winter tires. It's cuz of the people who cant drive in the conditions, the ones that are still doing well over the speed limit in very bad conditions and expecting their car to stop/handle the same as a regular summer day. Thats why I have a beater.

Case and point: BMW 330i on Shagannapi North by Northland mall. Slight snow fall in late December, and the snow is sticking on the ground; It's stuck blocking 2 lanes in barely an inch of snow.

AMEN
nuff sed

n1zm0
02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by brandon

hahaha you live in douglasdale don't you...

I see that same black corvette parked there yearround.

it belongs to that dentist on the corner of the plaza i believe, i'm sure he can afford to drive it in the winter :thumbsup:

l8braker
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
there are ferraris and lambos driving around in january and february so why would a corvette surprise you? the people who park their cars in the winter need to realize that its just a car and its not going to melt if it sees a little bit of snow or rain, etc.

Good on the Vette driver! He could be a true vette lover or that could be his only car.... We don't know his situation.....

I saw a silver 360 Modena on 8th and 11th in the bentline going under the bridge into downtown a few weeks ago. Granted, it was a little warmer and much less snow, there was still shit all over the roads... Serious props to that guy. (no pics)

Also seen 2 60 M5's (Maroon and blueish silver) the maroon car was absolutely covered in salt at 7:30AM in -25C weather. SL65, CL600, silver 997, numerous "other" newer Porsches, some with roof racks, Maserati Quattroporte, Bentley CGT, etc, etc.

When it comes down to it, they're just cars. Some nice, some not so nice, but they're just cars.

Annoyingrob
02-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I drive my Supra in the winter. I'm a firm believer that I bought the car to drive, not to watch it hide in my garage.

Plus, RWD + Lots of power = great winter car.....

....No, it doesn't, but it's fun.

E36M3
03-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Why not drive a Bentley in the winter? I bought one as a winter car. AWD is ideal for a winter car really.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

:nut: WOW, I now have no reason to park anything I own over the winter :eek:

R!zz0
03-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Killa_Kam

you think thats fucked, have you seen the 2000 ferrari rollin around in the ne:dunno:

I saw that today heading north on 68street. The grey one right?
:drool:

Dayclone
03-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow lots of posts but I guess yeh if you have a car it's good to drive it... instead of let it sit there and depreciate in value...

DonJuan
03-02-2007, 12:15 AM
^ Depreciation only matters if your going to sell it, I have no plans to sell mine; plus it's already appreciated alot from F and F 3

inline6turbo
03-02-2007, 01:11 AM
i had to help my neighbor push his early nineties whale tail 911 outta the snow the other day, the snow removers cleared the streets and piled it all up around the parked cars, we all got stuck, he got stuck coming outta his garage... why would you drive that???

E36M3
03-02-2007, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't want to drive any older car on a regular basis. If I did, I probably wouldn't park it outside while it was snowing if it didn't have decent ground clearance.. seems pretty obvious.

Originally posted by inline6turbo
i had to help my neighbor push his early nineties whale tail 911 outta the snow the other day, the snow removers cleared the streets and piled it all up around the parked cars, we all got stuck, he got stuck coming outta his garage... why would you drive that???

Lexxan
03-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Kind of like people laughing at driving with rims in the winter.. If you can afford new ones when they fucked.. who cares

Killa_Kam
03-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by R!zz0

I saw that today heading north on 68street. The grey one right?
:drool:

thats the one :eek: nice ride

Boost Infested
03-02-2007, 09:11 AM
If i can affort it, I will put my Ferrari in winter tires too. :)

3clips3
03-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by chris

was it black? if so, that guy is the president of jim pattison leasing company, the m5 is his family car.

That car is so pimp, the interior is ivory leather! I just hope that he got new rubber for the winter, when it came in early last year it had summer tires on it and there was snow on the ground here! Impossible to move!

Mitsu3000gt
03-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Alot of people drive their Carrera 4's in the winter, and I've read in magazines they are actually very capable. The rock chips are an unforunate side effect though. Also, as others have said, what scares me are other drivers hitting my $150,000 car (if I had one), not salt or my own driving. I still definately respect those who drive year around though, they actually get use of all the electronics they pay for.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
Why not drive a Bentley in the winter? I bought one as a winter car. AWD is ideal for a winter car really.

Yeah hold on, I have the spare change to pick one up in my wallet :nut:

You baller you :thumbsup:

TeH_Becks101
03-02-2007, 12:07 PM
fuck it, if i had the money my winter beater would be a vette too

C4S
03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
:confused: :confused:

I don't get it .. what's wrong?? and sometimes .. it is so warm in Calgary's winter!!!

Just like .. seeing SUV in summer .. nothing wrong with it!!
:dunno:

ashee
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
At the 7-11 by my house there was a Z3 sitting there for about a week covered in snow, it was strange.

TNation
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ashee
At the 7-11 by my house there was a Z3 sitting there for about a week covered in snow, it was strange.

yeah i saw that too

CTSV
03-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Driving a high powered standard car in the snow just isn't fun. I bought my V to drive for fun therefore I only drive it when the streets are dry. Even at that on cold pavement it still has little traction but at least it doesn't get slush all over it.

inline6turbo
03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
i love my car in the snow!

4WD, 5spd, twin turbo and brand new blizzaks! Soooo much fun!

smokeshow
03-28-2007, 03:28 AM
Hey, if you have got enough money then all the power to you. Drive whatever you want in the winter. But if you have any power and a rwd vehicle it isn't a great driving experience (when its slick). Sure you can drift everywhere but you can do that with 100hp so no big deal.

Now awd + power in the winter rules.

Lexxan
03-28-2007, 04:58 AM

Steve

answer to your title.. someone who has more money than you and doesn't give a shit. I'm not rich but I have enough money to leave my rims on year round. Let's create a thread about that!!! hahaha