PDA

View Full Version : i need a "diet"

ercchry
02-28-2007, 04:01 AM
ok so not some short term "diet" but as in a diet that i can do every day for ever and ever

so these are all the questions i can think of to ask myself about what im doing right now that factor into the master plan that i want to acheive

so my goal?

i want to keep and/or still increase my muscle mass but knock off some fat

right now im 6' 1" and between 205-210 and i would like to be back down to 185 and just as strong

what im eating now?

shit pretty much everything and anything

greasy foods like:
-nachos
-wings
-mc dicks (and other burgers) a normal trip would be a med pop and 2 double cheese burgers :barf:
-tacos

stuff at a restaurant:
-pasta
-sushi well not really, some times but its more like rolls and teriyaki beef :drool:
-steak (atleast 14 oz)
- dennys (need i say more)
-pizza

at home:
-meat (steak, other beef, chicken, pork)
- all meat always cooked in/with bbq sauce and marinate(oilive oil, soy sauce, balsamic, spices) + beer
-veggies
- 5 min rice
- potatos (cooked in almost the same thing as that marinate)
- pasta
- pasta sauce is home made (lots of butter and cream)

snakes
- chocolate bars
- chips
- fish crackers (goldfish maybe)
- ice cream sandwhiches
-mini pizzas
- etc

so just this past week i have decided no more:
- pop
- white bread
- and chips

when and what do i eat at that time?

well i wake up before noon 3 times a week (and the time is 8am and mon wed fri) and thoses days i have a snake (normally an ice cream sandwich or 2 or a couple mini pizza) at around 11 or so then lunch at about 2:30 and its either:
-subway (12 inch)
-geasy tacos
-or beef teriyaki (the stuff in the food court that they cook up in front of you)

then gym atleast on monday

then i eat a meal at home 2 out of the 3 days and the other is nasty pub grease

then normally about every other friday its off to dennys at around 3am

and im up till atleast 3am and snacking on fish crackers

then tues and thur normally goes like so:

wake up just in time for class (around 1pm) then eat lunch at 3pm normally at home so its either mini pizzas or left overs

then gym at about 5pm then dinner after that (around 7) and its a home cooked meal but every now and then i go for "sushi"

then some times the bar or i just sit up and surf beyond till any time between 2 and 5am and in normally snaking on fish crackers

then weekends anything goes but a guaranty is bar saterday and im not up before 1pm and lunch is normally snacks

thanks to anyone that have acually read this mess above and double thanks to anyone that can break it down and tell me what i must change

and also gym route is normally 2 days arms 1 legs and 15min or so of cardio in the 130 heart range zone

ercchry
02-28-2007, 04:07 AM
o also i go out to the bar/pub about 3 times a week and i always drink beer, canadian for the most part

i dont really want to cut down on how much i drink because its not that much i normaly only have a couple one of thoses days and then about ... umm 10 the others (fri and sat, im a big guy and in uni)

i do how ever want to have less, uhh carbs? i think thats what i want less of? but i dont want to drink coors light and i hate bud light

so the question is what other options do i have that are common beers that are "light" and i wont feel like a girl drinking?

Mazstyle
02-28-2007, 07:12 AM
There's a really good E-book that I think you could benefit from. It's called "burn the fat feed the muscle" by tom venuto an all natural body builder, look it up.

davidI
02-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Don't change the type of beer you drink. Lite beers don't make much difference. Most of the calories are in the alcohol anyways.

As for eating, just cut out all your junky crap food and eat better. When I was in University I ate eggs & oatmeal before going to school, I took a shaker cup with protein powder in the bottom (keep it dry until you want to drink it) & fruit for a mid-morning snack, took 2 tuna sandwhiches for lunch / early afternoon snack and then made chicken breasts and rice for dinner. You don't have to make all healthy food or anything, just look at what you're eating. If it's crap, don't eat it. No one is forcing you to drink pop, eat chips, chocolate bars, fishy crackers or anything else...

Fado
02-28-2007, 07:50 AM
I found that drinking as much water as I could throughout the day helped me shed off a ton of pounds.

SiR_lyfe
02-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Mazstyle
There's a really good E-book that I think you could benefit from. It's called "burn the fat feed the muscle" by tom venuto an all natural body builder, look it up.

kinda off topic, thats a crazy avatar. god damn!

TeamBestBud
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
snakes
- chocolate bars
- chips
- fish crackers (goldfish maybe)
- ice cream sandwhiches
-mini pizzas
- etc

Quit eating snakes:barf:

Speed_Dreams
02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
with all the stuff you eat you must do s shit ton of cardio to not be 300lbs , or have the metabolism of a 5 year old.

just cut back on the processed foods , drink more water and you should be fine

Thaco
02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

Quit eating snakes:barf:

I was gonna say the same thing, but by the sounds of it, the Snakes are the best part of his diet.

Darkane
02-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
o also i go out to the bar/pub about 3 times a week and i always drink beer, canadian for the most part

i dont really want to cut down on how much i drink because its not that much i normaly only have a couple one of thoses days and then about ... umm 10 the others (fri and sat, im a big guy and in uni)

i do how ever want to have less, uhh carbs? i think thats what i want less of? but i dont want to drink coors light and i hate bud light

so the question is what other options do i have that are common beers that are "light" and i wont feel like a girl drinking?

You drink Canadian and feel like a man? Lol. On healthy lifestyles don't drink period, unfortunatly thats almost impossible so I drink Rye/water, Vodka/water, rye/diet pop. Diet pop has aspartame so I avoid it. When drinking a quadruple rye and water out of a pint glass people think you are drinking juice, but little do they know :)

hjr
02-28-2007, 02:33 PM
involve a lot more water in your diet. takes up some space in you'z stomach so you dont fill it with shit. other than that, as mentioned, quit eating shit. do you hit the gym? if so, involve more cardio in your workout (or start doing some if none). cardio HAS to be more than 10 minutes, cause you dont really burn the fatz till after that,

ercchry
02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
alright so i do cardio 3x a week for around 15min and i either ride the bike or run on the tread mill if one is open

i dont really eat large portions of food at a time im more of constantly eating smaller amounts and when i dont have time to make something then i eat what ever is handy

so what are some healthy snack options?

xxjessmicaxx
03-03-2007, 11:47 AM
You really should consult a nutritionist. You aren't eating properly at all, and the exercize you are doing won't help you drop your weight!

If your serious about weight loss, stick to fresh vegetables and fruit, lean proteins (not in sauces), and whole grain carbohydrates (in limited quantities). LOTS of fresh water is also very very important!

NO BEER!! lol.. that won't help you at all. If your serious about losing weight, your current lifestyle will have to change a lot! I'm in University too, and have lost 45 lbs...it's doable, but you have to figure out what is more important to you. Drinking causes water retention, and fat gain.

Replace your snack with healthy alternatives. No more pizza, steak, lots of potatoes.. ect. Weight loss/ maintenance requires a TOTAL change of one's state of mind, fitness and food choices. When we get into our 20's you have to realize you can't eat like you could in High School/ the things you used to. Your metabolism is slowing down, and now is the time to get into healthy eating habits before it's too late.

My best guy friend sounds a lot like your build, and has similar eating habits. Came into University at 170lbs, 6'1... left after four years 215lbs, and now after working for two years is 240. Watch it buddy - the beer/pub scene has really helped him put on weight! Don't let that happen to you.

xxjessmicaxx
03-03-2007, 11:51 AM
as far as healthy snack options - go back to basic 'kids' snacks that taste good:

-Fruit, Fruit, Fruit!
-light Jello
-celery sticks with a bit of penut butter
-healthy request granola bars
-popcorn (without butter or salt)
-rice cakes
-carrot sticks, brocoli, other veggies you may like
-light yogurts

-there are lots of 100 calorie packs you can buy at the grocery store that are low in carbs and sodium

Aging_Redneck
03-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Why dont you start with the Canada Food plan?

I know people love to criticize it, but I doubt that you will find a better starting point.

Regardless of the diet you start with, you should remember that "Your mileage may vary" . That means what works for me, may not work for you. You need to find ways to evaluate your progress and results, and use them as the final way to judge your diet.

For example, diabetics use glucose meters to test their blood glucose. If a so called healthy food causes a sugar spike, it won't matter how great everyone says the food is, a smart diabetic will either avoid that fodd or eat it in smaller portions.

I'm not sure what a healthy person could do to evaluate their health. Maybe everyone else could help you out with suggestions.

You could have a blood test done to check your cholesterol levels, then have it checked again in a few months once you have been eating better. The blood test won't cost you anything.

Maybe find a cardio/endurance test that you can repeat every few months? something that gets your heart rate to the same beats per minute for 20 mintutes, then measure how fast your heart rate returns to your resting heart rate.

Be creative, and please share you solutions, This is a very interesting topic for most of us.

Si_FlyGuy
03-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by xxjessmicaxx
as far as healthy snack options - go back to basic 'kids' snacks that taste good:

-Fruit, Fruit, Fruit!
-light Jello
-celery sticks with a bit of penut butter
-healthy request granola bars
-popcorn (without butter or salt)
-rice cakes
-carrot sticks, brocoli, other veggies you may like
-light yogurts

-there are lots of 100 calorie packs you can buy at the grocery store that are low in carbs and sodium

Not all fruits and vegetables are good if you're trying to lose weight. Put away the sugary fruits, starchy vegetables (ie. carrots), and carb filled items (granola bar/rice cakes).

l8braker
03-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow, thats quite the amount of food :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

No offense

Limit the food you eat which is made from a machine or you can make in a microwave. rule of thumb :thumbsup: switch beer to a mixed drink or don't drink at all. that is huge.