PDA

View Full Version : weight gainer supplement

haunt
02-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I need to bulk up for the summer, so Im looking for a good weight gainer. Something with low sugars and low saturated fat. Read on a few threads here that favored QuickMass as a good option, but its pricey and I havent heard much about the taste.

Ive been looking at Prolab's N-large2. Seems like good stuff, 600 calories with only 28g of sugar and 4g saturated fat. But havent found anyone who's tried this stuff, though lots of sites claim its one of the most popular weight gain supplements around. I went around to a couple health stores, ie GNC London Drugs, and couldnt find it. Found it on SupplementsCanada.com for a decent price, about the same as Quick mass with about 10 more servings.
Anyone tried this stuff? Taste good? Results?
Prolab N-Large (http://www.sndcanada.com/gc/gc_item.exe?F=D&K=PL-J630&R=H%2FCatalog%3AWeight%20Gainers&SN=02282003126814721985201&FF=H&FK=Catalog:Weight%20Gainers&Z9=0)

Can anyone recommend some other stuff?

bamboo403
02-28-2007, 07:14 PM
nlarge tastes bad and i found it didnt mix well at all i switched to musclejuice but musclejuice is kinda high in sugar
1400 calories and 70g of protein tho.
just go straight to popeyes for nlarge its cheap there

acura_el
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
quickmass is definitely one of the best and better tasting ones out there...go with chocolate

i've gained the most weight from quickmass, but u also tend to put on quite a bit of fat

as for other ones i've tried:
mammoth 2500- don't go there

muscle juice - lots of fat, not as good as quickmass, gains were okay...i wouldn't recommend it, there's better stuff out there :thumbsdow

doriyan yates pro-peptide MBF - great stuff, tastes good, it's a combination of the casein type so it sits in your stomach for a long time, but it's expenisve as hell.

if i started using a gainer again, i'd probably go with pro-peptide. it's very clean, you can tell the quality is good, but it'll only last about 1.5weeks so u need a fat wallet

TVG
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
beef and chicken man...

BigMass
03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
4L of milk/day... indulge in peanut butter, burgers, pizza and ice-cream.

Pure protein supplements are good to bring up your daily protein intake. But weight gainers mostly just add cheap sugar and crap to the protein to boost the calories. Why would you pay for that? Get a good whey protein supplement and eat a snikers bar.

haunt
03-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by bamboo403
nlarge tastes bad and i found it didnt mix well at all i switched to musclejuice but musclejuice is kinda high in sugar
1400 calories and 70g of protein tho.
just go straight to popeyes for nlarge its cheap there

what kinda flavor did you try?

haunt
03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Eating normal fatty foods like burgers and pizzas and drinking 4L of milk/day would get way too expensive, and think of all the precious calories Im burning while taking the time to make the feast. Not to mention the high cholesterol and constant food cravings Id be left with.
Whereas if I were to drink a single serving of weight gainer supplement, I get the same amount of calories as eating an entire large pizza, but with a healthier amount sugars and fats. And all I have to do is pour and mix.
Also, it depends on the quality of the supplement, where youd be getting "cheap sugar and crap" vs. the kind of sugars and fats your body needs to grow.
I still eat 3 large meals a day with a couple snacks here and there, the supplements just something extra to get me to the weight I want.