PDA

View Full Version : school question upgrading...

Gravy_83
02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm thinking of going to college soon as I'm living back home. But no matter what course I take I need to do upgrading. I was in the International Baccaloreat which I think is offered out here but since I was an avid pot head taking extremely advanced courses let's just say my chemistry, biology and math could all use some redoing before I start applying for college. Where can someone get some online upgrading, I want to work full time while I redo my math and sciences and then at that point once that is done I will start looking at colleges.

bmeier
02-28-2007, 07:28 PM
i think i saw a flyer in the newspaper for bow valley college saying they do that.

Gravy_83
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
sweet gonna check em out. I just absolutly need to be able to do this online. And not being from here I don't know what schools are out here.

Euro_Trash
02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
You were an IB student but you couldn't handle chem, bio or math?

Gravy_83
02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
i could handle it but i was smoking alot of pot back then and doing other stipud things like drinking in school because of alot of issues and just me being stupid. I still pulled a 89 on the exam for chem. And biology I did like a 70, and well math is not my strong subject and I failed that one. I know some of my marks are good but also is the fact that I did all these courses in french and I have no clue what alot of the terms are in english. Might not make sense to english people but french math and sciences has completly different terminology for alot of stuff....I think some and most of my marks for those courses would be good enough but I'm choosing to redo them anyways just for piece of mind and to make sure I get in when I apply. All my other courses in IB were in mid to high 90's. I allready went to college and quit because it wasn't the course for me. I'm thinking of going in the accounting field so my sciences I probably won't need for that but just incase I go into a different direction I am choosing to take them as well.

drift_maniac
03-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Math is not your strongest subject...you failed that...YET you want to go into Accounting?? lol

Sorry, had to laugh at that career choice!

mo_money2supe
03-01-2007, 02:04 AM
Well, Math WAS and still IS my strongest subject, but I wanted to take anything BUT accounting, if that puts things into perspective. I don't believe Math and Accounting really have anything that goes hand in hand other than simple math that is learned in Jr. High at the latest.

As for the OP, maybe check into Athabasca University. They do a bunch of degree programs online, and I'm sure that they have a number of high school upgrading courses that are offered online as well.

Best of luck to ya and glad you walked away from drugs. :thumbsup:

GQBalla
03-01-2007, 02:20 AM
check out chinook college if you want to upgrade, also sait offeres upgrading too i think.

euro.roma
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Sait? I did my math over from 10 to 30 pure in one summer so I could get into my course. Maybe dont wanna cram it in like I did because of your weakness in math but really good help available for you here, if you need it during your studies.

PaleRider
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by drift_maniac
Math is not your strongest subject...you failed that...YET you want to go into Accounting?? lol

Sorry, had to laugh at that career choice!

why? I don't think you need advance math for accounting.

msommers
03-01-2007, 07:24 PM
I'd apply anyways. The worst they can say is no. Some fprograms are soo easy to get into....well at the U of C anyways, PM me for which ones. Then you could transfer over to Huskayne. Although the transfer GPA is pretty steep for some majors.

If you don't mind working really hard in university but don't get accepted, try to go open studies/unclassified to get some university credit, it makes transferring easier and can significantly bring up your marks.

If you apply and get denied acceptance, ask about unclassified. I think they let you take 3 courses max, 2 if you don't apply at all.

I know a couple people that have done this and are doing very well at the university.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-01-2007, 08:26 PM
The terms are way diff from french to english, I had a hard time coming out of french immersion into an english high school... but once you get it, your good:thumbsup:

Gravy_83
03-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
The terms are way diff from french to english, I had a hard time coming out of french immersion into an english high school... but once you get it, your good:thumbsup:

yeah and it'll be even harder for me since I wasn't in french immersion I was in an actual french school my whole life. I will look into the schools posted thanks for the info.