PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here goes to Work Out World?

sl888
03-02-2007, 03:07 AM
Just wondering if anyone here goes to Work Out World. Currently going to Mount Royal College so using the gym there but once school is over or maybe sometime if I don't feel like driving far I can go to this one.
Got a flyer a few weeks ago and its not expensive. So wondering how its like compared to MRC, Talisman or Village Square Leisure Centre (only gyms I've been to).

Speed_69
03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
If you look at the flyer carefully, it's not expensive because you're only allowed to go 3 specific days of the week. That's not a deal in my opinion :thumbsdow

WWJAI
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
If your normally work out on the days that your allowed to, its not bad.

I have a friend who said he's and his buddies go there to work out and he say's its a pretty good gym. Has all your needs for your workout and it ain't limited like Village Square's shiet gym.

IRL
03-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Work out World is pretty good, they have excellent equipment...free weights are top notch. Its a great place to work out, lots of experienced lifters there can give you tons of good tips.

Price wise I do see their new promo, like others said...if the schedule works for you, its a good price.

Has anyone looked into Golds Gym? (I think thats what it is, the new one where the old IKEA building was on 36th ST NE by Memorial Drive?) I have heard people say its 10x better than Work out World...I have not had the time to check it out though.

WWJAI
03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by IRL

Has anyone looked into Golds Gym? (I think thats what it is, the new one where the old IKEA building was on 36th ST NE by Memorial Drive?) I have heard people say its 10x better than Work out World...I have not had the time to check it out though.

It's an awesome gym.:thumbsup:

sl888
05-03-2007, 03:03 AM
Anyone know how much it is? Planning on getting a year pass somewhere before Monday.

e36bmw///
05-05-2007, 02:33 AM
nm

Rx7
05-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Im looking to unload my pass at golds, if anyone is interested Ill save you a couple bucks, its for 32 bucks a month (opposed to signing up today and paying 50)

sl888
05-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by e36bmw///
mrc gym is one of the best
for 80 bux, u get 4 more months man
do it
Nah can't get that since I'm not going back there in the fall. I can get the alumni rate of 319/yr but its sort of a far drive but the price is good. So not sure.

Originally posted by Rx7
Im looking to unload my pass at golds, if anyone is interested Ill save you a couple bucks, its for 32 bucks a month (opposed to signing up today and paying 50)
Pass works for both Gold's? This is for the one across from Marlborough right? Also how long are you signed up for?

brownchild
05-05-2007, 11:57 AM
I have a pass at Work out world, its a good gym, has everything you need. I paid $200 for 2 yrs and I can go from Wed-Sun every week, which IMO is an awesome deal.

BrknFngrs
05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Work out world is a good gym if you go to workout. If you go to hang-out/watch tv/sit around on machines then its probably not the place for you.

Rx7
05-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by sl888

Nah can't get that since I'm not going back there in the fall. I can get the alumni rate of 319/yr but its sort of a far drive but the price is good. So not sure.

Pass works for both Gold's? This is for the one across from Marlborough right? Also how long are you signed up for?

Im not sure if it works for both golds, but it is the one across from Marlborough, it has about 11 months ish left on the contract