PDA

View Full Version : Rich people and the enviroment!

old&slow
03-02-2007, 07:14 AM
http://www.myearthdream.com/#root

Does it piss anyone off to hear the rich of this world call on the rest of us to help out mother earth and cut back on lights and heating!

If there was ever a group of people that embodied decadence and waste it's the rich. And I dont mean you real estate guys and lawyers who come to piss on us on this forum. I mean the real rich. Celebrities who fly all across the world with a half a dozen people an a huge jet doing the most harm that could possibly be done because flying is possibly the worst thing that ever we as a people have done to hurt the earth!

The recent thread about Al Gore and his use of energy is just the tip of a gigantic iceburg. I think it's disgusting that they use the masses to help relieve the guilt and shame they themselves have for their lavious lifestyle!

So wtg F1 honda for doing your part in reducing greenhouse gasses with your 3 mpg car!

Lexxan
03-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Al gore the new "mecca" or energy conservation has a $2500 a month power bill. fucking americans.

Ekliptix
03-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Lexxan
Al gore the new "mecca" or energy conservation has a $2500 a month power bill. fucking americans.
$1,359

khtm
03-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Regardless, if Al Gore's book/movie can influence as much change as they seem to be doing worldwide,

WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW MUCH HIS POWER BILL IS? :drama:

old&slow
03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by khtm
Regardless, if Al Gore's book/movie can influence as much change as they seem to be doing worldwide,

WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW MUCH HIS POWER BILL IS? :drama:

Really blind aren't you!

khtm
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Care to enlighten me?

old&slow
03-02-2007, 09:28 AM
People like AL Gore have an agenda. And it's not the environment. It never was!

If he really wants to make a statement he needs to make an example. And a real example at that. But he wont do that cause he knows that it can't be done. The rich can't part with their money. It's part of what makes them rich. Like an arm or a leg.

The largest companies are run by boards. Ask them about giving up a portion of the lifestyle to reduce global emissions.
Instead of cutting back on jobs at a plant, cut back on emissions by installing better filtering systems.
But they won't do this till we have a tax implemented to be paid for by the regular Joe.
We already pay a tax on vehicles in the form of emmisions systems. Thats all on the back of the owner. Not the car company.

They real facts are...people are in it to make money.
Nothing will stand in the way of the very rich to get more money. Greed is the real enemy. We are all guilty of greed to some degree. Greed will always be there. Some people will use your guilt to exploit that greed.
The whole environment issue is another greedy exploit!
People WILL get rich off it! And there is where you are blind!!

As I am not really good at making fancy arguments and I don't relish in trying to destroy people on the internet I won't respond at length to this thread. I just wanted to get some things off my chest. As I really feel that I am at least fairly accurate in what I posted above!

khtm
03-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I appreciate your response. It's obvious that this bothers you a lot and I respect that, especially because it's rare to find anyone in redneck Calgary that gives a shit about the environment.

My point was simply this:

The impact of Gore's book and movie is huge. Nobody can deny that. Politicians are finally starting to pay attention to global warming and are finally listening to what scientists have been saying for the last 20 years.

If Gore had been a "good environmental citizen" and recycled, used energy-efficient lighting, rode a bike to work, etc. etc. rather than writing a book and producing a documentary, do you think this would have had a bigger impact? No.

So you have to applause what he's done, regardless of his motives or his $1400 electrical bill (who even knows why it's this high...maybe he has a home office and a lot of people work out of it?).

I agree with your original post about celebrities, but I just don't agree with taking a jab at Gore because at least he's making an impact. He's presented his case extremely effectively and with facts and figures rather than ranting and raving like Pamela Anderson or Angelina Jolie or any other lame-ass celebrity that has a new flavour-of-the-month "cause" to plug.

Envitro
03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
OK, here we go again...

Al Gore is the subject of a right-wing OIL-money-backed smear campaign. They're attacking the messenger because they can't attack the message anymore. It has been unanimously agreed upon by all the world's leading scientists that yes, we are causing this shit.

FACT: Al Gore pays 2 to 3 times more per month for his usage because he switched to GREEN ENERGY sources. Who cares how much his 22 room mansion/corporate headquarters uses then? If it does no damage to the environment, who the fuck are you to say that he can't spend all that money on it?

FACT: The source of this whole bullshit story is some Tenessee republican blowhole who is funded by the oil & gas industry. Proven fact.

:closed:

no_joke
03-02-2007, 10:56 PM
^^^^^^^
Thank you. That's what I needed to read.

Now cue the good ol' boys.

Si_FlyGuy
03-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Easy on Al. He was one retarded orange growing state from saving the world from Bush jr.

kaput
03-03-2007, 02:02 AM

01RedDX
03-03-2007, 02:12 AM

old&slow
03-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Global warming and global cooling have been going on since the world began...where were the lobbists then?
What happened during those times? Was anyone able to stop it or help it? Nature takes it's course!

kaput
03-03-2007, 10:21 AM

projekz
03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
greed will always be there on either side of the coin. If the oil companys don't make money...someone else will. Never gonna end. I'd rather pay all my gas money to a hydro electric company that does less damage on the environment.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Si_FlyGuy
03-03-2007, 10:55 AM
While we're at it, we should cork up all the cows.
Cow Emissions (http://www.koshland-science-museum.org/exhibitgcc/causes04.jsp)

old&slow
03-05-2007, 07:30 AM
A little more sensible than corking cows!

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=CZ434669U&news_headline=global_warming_is_lies_claims_documentary

old&slow
03-05-2007, 07:49 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/steyn/281949,CST-EDT-STEYN04.article

cycosis
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by old&slow
Global warming and global cooling have been going on since the world began...where were the lobbists then?
What happened during those times? Was anyone able to stop it or help it? Nature takes it's course!

Its almost sad how many people are ignorant with regards to current events. CO2 is accelerating global warming. This rate is not a natural pace. DIdnt you pay attention in rgade 7 science when you ealrned about the ozone layer? Or perhaps grade 11 physics? It doesnt tkae a univeristy education to see what is going on you idiot.

Si_FlyGuy
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
This thread is prejudiced against rich people.

There are many more average to poor people in proportion, leaving lights on and driving non-ULEVs.