PDA

View Full Version : AE86 vs GTS jeff undercover

choweyt3t4
05-29-2003, 12:45 AM
so this solara pulls next to me and asks me if i know beyond.ca? i say no at first with a smirk, he asks again and i give in and say yes. he asks me whats my alias i tell him. then he tells me his GTS jeff:eek: well finally good to see the guy in person. i ask him wheres his AE86? he says at home - damn im thinking cause we both got the same swap and i was really wanting to race this guy but he's in a solara?? anyways the light turns green i mash it up the hill and its on! i had him about half a cars lenght and the most i got on him was a full car lenght. probably didnt want to make me feel bad so i think he went easy on me? too bad i had to go home cause it would been nice to chill afterwards GTS jeff.hey will you be going to the oldschool toyota meet this sunday???

Ben
05-29-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by choweyt3t4
so this solara pulls next to me and asks me if i know beyond.ca? i say no at first with a smirk, he asks again and i give in and say yes. he asks me whats my alias i tell him. then he tells me his GTS jeff:eek: well finally good to see the guy in person. i ask him wheres his AE86? he says at home - damn im thinking cause we both got the same swap and i was really wanting to race this guy but he's in a solara?? anyways the light turns green i mash it up the hill and its on! i had him about half a cars lenght and the most i got on him was a full car lenght. probably didnt want to make me feel bad so i think he went easy on me? too bad i had to go home cause it would been nice to chill afterwards GTS jeff.hey will you be going to the oldschool toyota meet this sunday???

Yeah, I was ahead about a half mile, What gives, theytold me they saw you afterwards and I was like DAMNIT!

GTS Jeff
05-29-2003, 03:10 AM
so this solara pulls next to me and asks me if i know beyond.ca? i say no at first with a smirk, he asks again and i give in and say yes. he asks me whats my alias i tell him. then he tells me his GTS jeff:eek: well finally good to see the guy in person. i ask him wheres his AE86? he says at home - damn im thinking cause we both got the same swap and i was really wanting to race this guy but he's in a solara?? anyways the light turns green i mash it up the hill and its on! i had him about half a cars lenght and the most i got on him was a full car lenght. probably didnt want to make me feel bad so i think he went easy on me? too bad i had to go home cause it would been nice to chill afterwards GTS jeff.hey will you be going to the oldschool toyota meet this sunday??? hahahahah YEP i wasnt even going full throttle in the solara! but your car is fast! are u using the redtop ecu?

but yea, ill see u on sunday! nice meeting ya

Ashkente
05-29-2003, 03:53 AM
...oldschool toyota meet this sunday???

Dude, when/where? I gotta make this one :D

Edit: NM, caught it on my second search :thumbsup:

choweyt3t4
05-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
are u using the redtop ecu?

nope but wish i was,dunno how to locate one? if i did it be in, will the redtop ecu work with the bluetops harness???

GTS Jeff
05-29-2003, 01:17 PM

nope but wish i was,dunno how to locate one? if i did it be in, will the redtop ecu work with the bluetops harness??? haha so ure still using the bluetop ecu like me? hmm it seems like your car is a lot faster than mine...maybe your exhaust? the tech ages at club4ag say that exhaust really helps 4ags...

anyway, u need a different harness to use the redtop ecu. it kinda sucks, the sensor plugs on the redtop harness is "slighty" different than bluetop one.

oh yea, for your swap, did u end up using the smaller or bigger injectors? mike tan and his dad did the swap for me, and they originally used the smaller injectors....which slowly futzed out, so they spliced in the bigger injectors.

gpomp
05-29-2003, 01:20 PM
I saw that Solara get raped by an older greyish GTI last night.

gpomp
05-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Er, I remember the DX winning that race...

choweyt3t4
05-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

oh yea, for your swap, did u end up using the smaller or bigger injectors? mike tan and his dad did the swap for me, and they originally used the smaller injectors....which slowly futzed out, so they spliced in the bigger injectors.

yeah we used the biggers ones, but the corolla king legaspi and i had to call in the big guns (mike and his dad) to help us get the car running. took us like 3 hours to just get it started and running. they told us about your car, kinda a good thing you posted about your problems with the injectors cause if we didnt know that they did the swap for you my car would probably be still sitting in my homies garage right now.

cocoabrova
05-30-2003, 05:06 PM
the corolla king legaspi and i
Haha, is that his "superhero" name?? You need one too chowey..... Corolla King Legaspi and his trusty sidekick Redtop:poosie: Anyways, I wanted to go to that Mazda Drag Event on Sunday, but I'll probably see you guys at the O.G. Toyota Meet too, if it doesn't rain:thumbsdow

Seanith
05-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Haha, is that his "superhero" name?? You need one too chowey..... Corolla King Legaspi and his trusty sidekick Redtop:poosie: Anyways, I wanted to go to that Mazda Drag Event on Sunday, but I'll probably see you guys at the O.G. Toyota Meet too, if it doesn't rain:thumbsdow

Haha greg..what a corolla nazi :poosie:
hes quite the civic king still too :bigpimp:

Ekliptix
05-31-2003, 06:16 PM
why did you say no at first?

choweyt3t4
05-31-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
why did you say no at first?

cause i usually like to see if people start to :bullshit: me right off the bat, cause i love it when people start. kinda like what im doing now cause i was joking hence the "smirk" on my face when i said it.:rofl: