PDA

View Full Version : Dog With College Degree Called to Court

Xtrema
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/01/ap/strange/mainD8NJCHMG0.shtml

core_upt
03-02-2007, 01:12 PM
HAHAHA - awesome

It's not like it was an office- but the police CHIEF!! And more ridiculous then a dog getting a degree is that a lawyer would want to put it on the stand! American justice and education system FTMFL!!!

sexualbanana
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
HAHAHA - awesome

It's not like it was an office- but the police CHIEF!! And more ridiculous then a dog getting a degree is that a lawyer would want to put it on the stand! American justice and education system FTMFL!!!

Actually, it's pretty ingenius. The defence is trying to discredit the police chief. Not that they want him to testify. They're using the dog as an exhibit, much like the knife found at a murder scene is used as evidence rather than to provide testimony (obviously).

His goal is to attack the Chief's credibility and expertise. If the dog has the same degree from the same school, how are you going to perceive the Chief's credentials? If the defence can establish this link, it would make their motion to dismiss a lot easier.

boxer23
03-02-2007, 02:09 PM
"My client had absolutely nothing to do with any animal getting a degree from an institution of higher learning,"

:rofl: :rofl: so the cheif had nothing to do with the dog getting the diploma..the dog just registered and payed for the online school itself lol

GQBalla
03-02-2007, 03:35 PM
lol ^^^

but what is the dog goin to do there? bark?

Hakkola
03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Actually, it's pretty ingenius. The defence is trying to discredit the police chief. Not that they want him to testify. They're using the dog as an exhibit, much like the knife found at a murder scene is used as evidence rather than to provide testimony (obviously).

His goal is to attack the Chief's credibility and expertise. If the dog has the same degree from the same school, how are you going to perceive the Chief's credentials? If the defence can establish this link, it would make their motion to dismiss a lot easier.

:werd: I missed the part where they said they were going to put the dog on the stand... :dunno:

civickid_21
03-02-2007, 08:56 PM
If they were to put the dog on the stand, I wonder who would translate for him?

TeamBestBud
03-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by civickid_21
If they were to put the dog on the stand, I wonder who would translate for him?

Can you read? They're not putting the dog on the stand. They're using him as evidence to discredit the police chief.