PDA

View Full Version : bent rad

tsuga
03-02-2007, 03:27 PM
what would happen if i drive with a bent rad i no its a dumb question but its better to ask a dumb question then doin somthin stupid rite
haha :D

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
what's the question? can you drive with one? :english:

You could drive with whatever shape rad you want, as long as it doesn't leak... it's your car. :dunno:

ercchry
03-02-2007, 03:59 PM
haha i say drive with no rad!!! I HEARD ITS 20+ HP :rofl: :rofl:

tsuga
03-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
haha i say drive with no rad!!! I HEARD ITS 20+ HP :rofl: :rofl:

haha no way?!

but wont the engine overheat? im driving it bak from brooks so ill be on highway 1

tsuga
03-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
what's the question? can you drive with one? :english:

You could drive with whatever shape rad you want, as long as it doesn't leak... it's your car. :dunno:

haha sry im new at posting forums hahaha...
can a car drive with a bent rad
and its not leaking. but is there a possiblity that itll leak?

ercchry
03-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by tsuga

haha no way?!

but wont the engine overheat? im driving it bak from brooks so ill be on highway 1

no man air cool ftw!!

but really, a rad works by coolante traveling threw thin areas (cant think of the word) and the air cools the metal and in return cools the coolent, so as long as its not leaking and the coolant can still get threw then it will be fine, in less there is too much pressure and you blow a hose

tsuga
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM

no man air cool ftw!!

but really, a rad works by coolante traveling threw thin areas (cant think of the word) and the air cools the metal and in return cools the coolent, so as long as its not leaking and the coolant can still get threw then it will be fine, in less there is too much pressure and you blow a hose

awsome thnx guy :D
so as long i dont go real fast like over the speed limit ill be fine right?

ercchry
03-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by tsuga

awsome thnx guy :D
so as long i dont go real fast like over the speed limit ill be fine right?

no

nothin to do with speed everything to do with rpm, and if a hose does go you will know, just pull over and call a tow truck

alloroc
03-02-2007, 05:23 PM
As long as the tubes are just bent and not kinked your fine if water flows through you are A-OK.

Hell its probably better - a bent tube will have a slightly higher reynolds number and have better heat transfer.

tsuga
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
^ hmm thats interesting haha ill try it when i get home xD

tsuga
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM

no

nothin to do with speed everything to do with rpm, and if a hose does go you will know, just pull over and call a tow truck

how low should i keep my rpm then like between 4 and 5?

sr20dets13
03-02-2007, 07:55 PM
youll be fine..if there are no leaks..your rad is the same old rad..nothing has changed exept it being a different shape now lol

ercchry
03-03-2007, 04:30 AM
yeah but if its pinched and the area the coolant has to flow threw then the pressure would be more (atleast thats my train of thought) and then if they are old hoses then, boom

my buddy put that leak seal nasty shit in his rad and then a little while later the hose went and what a mess

but there is no rpm, i am just thinking about the worst case here, it probaly will be fine but i havent seen the damage first hand so who knows