PDA

View Full Version : Illegal mods cont'd

5.9 R/T
05-29-2003, 02:57 AM
Carried from the detailing thread:

Originally posted by kaput
Why are those who defended the holy exhaust laws so strongly not here to break up this posse of troublemakers? Some guy gets an exhaust ticket and comes here for support, but gets torn apart as a no good lawbreaker, while the discussion above seems to unanimously support the idea that it's alright to wash our cars in the driveway regardless of the law. Seriously, how is breaking the law any different from breaking the law? Seems like the cool thing to do is quickly turning into less of a cool thing, or maybe the bandwagon got a new paintjob and everybody just wants a ride.

Anyways, I don't have time to read all that right now, but I saved it on my desktop for later. I'm sure it'll come in handy next week. Thanks.

I didn't read the exhaust thread, cause quite frankly I don't care, the problem I think most people have here is this:

1) Person puts illegal mod on car
2) a) Person gets harassed by cops
b) Person gets ticket
3) Person comes on here and complains that the cops gave them a hard time yada yada yada, didn't deserve the ticket etc. etc.

The problem comes in number 3. If you're going to do the crime, be prepared to pay the fine. Don't bitch, don't complain, don't insult the cops, just SUCK IT UP. If I wash my car on the street and get a ticket/fine for it then I deserve it. I knew what the law was, I chose not to follow it, and I have to face whatever consequences comes out of it.

Adapted from Denis Leary, No Cure for Cancer:

"Oh I was speeding and the cops gave me a ticket because I drive an import and I'm young, I'm so hard done by."
---->STFU Next!

"Oh I put these APC lights on my car and the cop gave me a ticket because I drive a sport compact and I'm young, I'm so hard done by."
----->STFU Next!

"Oh I have a ten inch exhaust that idles at 90db and the cop gave me a ticket because I'm young and drive a sporty car, I'm so hard done by."
---->STFU!

Now if you have a car with all legal mods and you drive responsibly and you're still getting harassed because of the clowns from above then you have a right to complain, otherwise STFU!

B17a
05-29-2003, 08:18 AM
:werd: I think 5.9 is bang on. I'm not sure where this other thread is so I haven't read it. But IMO, the main issue is guys getting tickets for what is generally accepted as illegal mods or whatever, but mis placing their blame from their own ignorance or disregard for the law to those enforcing it. I'm no psychologist but it sure sounds like when children do something they know is bad, get in trouble, then sit there and pout and be all mad at mommy and daddy because mommy and daddy grounded them. I think the argument isn't that guys are getting torn a new asshole for bitching about exhaust tickets, its that they are playing the harrassment card. Unless the cop utters the words "(insert ethnic slur) get your (insert ethnic slur) ass out of the car and get your (insert ethnic slur) ass on the ground" I really don't see a problem! But that's just my thoughts.

hjr
05-29-2003, 09:37 AM
ya, if i got an exhaust ticket, well id be angry cause mine is quite compaired to alot of the ricers around here, but, it is louder than normal and i would pay the ticket and be on my way. If i was really pissed of, well i guess id buy a new quieter muffler, and that would solve my problem. Luckly that is my only really visible mod.

speedracer
05-29-2003, 09:55 AM
I'm disappointed in the enforcement. There is nothing wrong with aftermarket replacement parts yet the concern by the police is anything modified.

Things like Exhaust noise, lights, reflectors... is clearly defined.

It's the broad regulations that I have problems with that seems to be the focus such as Exhaust Pipelet Widdened.

Stickers on your car - Also illegal as it may distract driver.
City bus's would also fall under this.

hjr - rally cars are also illegal - No matter what CARS says so far every rally car that I have seen is illegal to be on the road.

Roll cages, FIA/SFI Race seats and FIA/SFI harness's also fall under this range...

We need a SEMA like organization in Canada.

rage2
05-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
I'm disappointed in the enforcement. There is nothing wrong with aftermarket replacement parts yet the concern by the police is anything modified.

Things like Exhaust noise, lights, reflectors... is clearly defined.

It's the broad regulations that I have problems with that seems to be the focus such as Exhaust Pipelet Widdened.

Stickers on your car - Also illegal as it may distract driver.
City bus's would also fall under this.

hjr - rally cars are also illegal - No matter what CARS says so far every rally car that I have seen is illegal to be on the road.

Roll cages, FIA/SFI Race seats and FIA/SFI harness's also fall under this range...

We need a SEMA like organization in Canada.
The problem is the current laws are drafted a long time ago, well before the "ricer" phase. Enlarged exhaust opening today does not mean louder noise or more pollution, so the law wasn't really written for today's aftermarket mods.

The reason for the large amounts of tickets is simple. There's a quota... err... "performance rating" for police officers, so the classic "exhaust tickets" are nice and easy to give out to make their quotas. Secondly, the police officers are hoping to curb the street racing crowd by ticketing them, and "teaching them a lesson", but the problem is they get a lot of folks that take it to the track (ie speedracer), or folks that mod their cars purely for the looks.

It's not fair, but it's the law, you break it, you will get ticketed. The cops are just doing their job. What you guys should be bitching about is the law, and like speedracer says, get a SEMA organization up here to push for changes in the dumb laws.

IMHO anyways :).

szw
05-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Don't forget that most of the time one person says something, everyone (well not everyone but a lot of certain ppl) will jump in and say the exact same thing, whatever it is.

You can have a couple threads on the same thing and depending on what was said first, have a totally different reaction throughout the whole thread

rage2
05-29-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by szw
You can have a couple threads on the same thing and depending on what was said first, have a totally different reaction throughout the whole thread
Nah... have you seen buh_buh's thread about Edmonton police being awesome because they tore up his ticket after finding out that we do our racing at the track? It ended up being a cop bashing thread and got closed :).

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 11:28 AM
this thread is so pointless and retarded. the people that posted here haven't done a thing to their car or for the matter don't even own acar that can be modified, so its obvious you guys would not understand a thing. and second.

P.S. 5.9 RT go shave the mullet and get with the times. AMERICAN MUSCLE is freakin dead.

5.9 R/T
05-29-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by szw
Don't forget that most of the time one person says something, everyone (well not everyone but a lot of certain ppl) will jump in and say the exact same thing, whatever it is.

I'm not to sure if it's people jumping on the bandwagon, but there is so many people here that some may miss a thread and only reply to one, or only reply to the one that shares the same beliefs as they do. I can't tell though Beyond has too many people for me to keep track of everything everyone says! :thumbsup: But I'm sure to a certian extent you are right.

Originally posted by rage2

Nah... have you seen buh_buh's thread about Edmonton police being awesome because they tore up his ticket after finding out that we do our racing at the track? It ended up being a cop bashing thread and got closed :).

I dunno man, this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16653

Seems very opposite to this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16150.

Even though both were locked they are completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

As for the exhaust thread (I assume it's this one):
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16633
I finally read through it and there is nothing wrong with the orginal post, it was just a simple question. The rest of the thread though...

I agree with rage though, it's an obvious attempt by CPS to curb street racing before it happens and they are just using anything and everything in the lawbooks that they can. Nothing you can do but either obide by the law or pay the fine. Bitching about how cops unfairly treat you isn't going to change the law, it just makes you look like a punk ass kid.

GTS Jeff
05-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by VeilSide
this thread is so pointless and retarded. the people that posted here haven't done a thing to their car or for the matter don't even own acar that can be modified, so its obvious you guys would not understand a thing. and second.

P.S. 5.9 RT go shave the mullet and get with the times. AMERICAN MUSCLE is freakin dead. ure an idiot. have u even met the people that posted here? every single person whos posted in here drives an amazing car.

5.9r/t - self explanatory. this guy knows a lot more about cars than u ever will. people respect him more than u.
b17a - he drives a g2 gs-r. one of the rarest hondas around.
hjr - he owns 3 cars. hes a rally racer. his love of cars is more involved than bodykits and intakes.
speedracer - drives an acr. absolute auto-x monster.
rage2 - drives an slk32 amg, a sick porsche, and an slk320. his amg is worth more than your entire pathetic family. the guy also knows his shit when it comes to cars. AND the guy happens to be the admin of this site, which means he has the power to ban u. its probably wise to refrain from telling him he hasnt "done a thing to his car or for the matter don't even own acar that can be modified".

what makes u think beyond is some sort of ricer-forum for newbies to come in and start shit? thats not how it works.

:thumbsdow

5.9 R/T
05-29-2003, 11:46 AM
MY POST is so pointless and retarded. I COULDN'T TELL YOU ABOUT the people that posted here BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THEM AND haven't SEEN THEIR their car or for the matter don't even own a car that can be TURNED INTO RICE, so its obvious THAT I would not understand a thing. and second.

P.S. 5.9 RT goOD WORK, NO ONE HAS EVER TOLD ME TO STFU BEFORE, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW. AMERICAN MUSCLE is freakin AWSOME AND OWNS ME.

Good day sir.

boi-alien
05-29-2003, 12:01 PM
i know that some of the mods on our cars are illegal. What irks me though is the cops will actually go out of their way to follow me, then try and find an excuse to ticket me. I'm driving at the speed limit and the cop will follow me for a good 20minutes. Those are the nice ones, but on certain days you get the dick cop, he'll follow you for 20 minutes, turn on the sirens then pull me over to give me a nice big exhaust ticket. I just seems like he wants an excuse to bust me. I have no problem paying the fines, but when a cop follows you for 20 minutes it makes me think that he's just searching through his lawbook to bust me for any reason he can think of. speedracer is right though, we really need an organization like SEMA so we can get these outdated laws changed. Honestly, having an enlarged exhaust tip isn't half as bad as having a loud exhaust. that's IMHO though.

B17a
05-29-2003, 12:15 PM

P.S. 5.9 RT go shave the mullet and get with the times. AMERICAN MUSCLE is freakin dead.

I think the reality is the people you assume who don't own their cars or have ever modified a car, are actually in fact beyond that stage. I think they've out grown the loud exhausts and flashy lights and have realized the money is better spent doing real performance mods (see Rage's Porsche and the collection of AMGs). So in reality the people you refer to have been there done that so to speak and do understand.

thich
05-29-2003, 12:19 PM
we really need an organization like SEMA so we can get these outdated laws changed.

so what is involved in creating an organization like SEMA then? Why hasn't someone done it already or is there a lot of red tape and bureaucracy to get through before something like that can be formed?

hjr
05-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

Ya, i know that, but because the whole event is organized and the police are informed of everything, they dont crack down and impound all the cars. I am very appriciative of this. It means that i can rally race in alberta. Yayyyyy. I think that if i was driving the datsun around as a daily driver and acting like a douch bag, then yes, they police would rip me apart because of the obscene list of illegal mods the car sports. But i dont DD it so im OK. BTW, i was talking about my jetta in the exhaust post. Im actually thinking of quieting down the car too as i dont want tickets, and im sick of ricers thinking that cause its a semi-loud VW that im the ricer and they are gonna show me and my 16v jetta who is the boss of the streets. It gets really anoying.

hjr
05-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ure an idiot. have u even met the people that posted here? every single person whos posted in here drives an amazing car.

5.9r/t - self explanatory. this guy knows a lot more about cars than u ever will. people respect him more than u.
hjr - he owns 3 cars. hes a rally racer. his love of cars is more involved than bodykits and intakes.
rage2 - drives an slk32 amg, a sick porsche, and an slk320. his amg is worth more than your entire pathetic family. the guy also knows his shit when it comes to cars. AND the guy happens to be the admin of this site, which means he has the power to ban u. its probably wise to refrain from telling him he hasnt "done a thing to his car or for the matter don't even own acar that can be modified".

what makes u think beyond is some sort of ricer-forum for newbies to come in and start shit? thats not how it works.

:thumbsdow thanks jeff. I was gonna lay him out, but you have done it so well that there is no need to add more.

kaput
05-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
If I wash my car on the street and get a ticket/fine for it then I deserve it. I knew what the law was, I chose not to follow it, and I have to face whatever consequences comes out of it.

I agree with that and your other posts in this thread. I just don't think it's fair for one member to be torn apart for breaking one law, while an entire group is left to promote breaking another.

You guessed the thread I was talking about. All the 'suck it up princess' bullshit is stupid. If that's all you people have to say, then just don't say it. Nobody benefits when people make comments like that. If no one had added their 'suck it up' comments to that thread, it would have died and disappeared very quickly without any of the unpleasantness.

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 01:12 PM
ure an idiot. have u even met the people that posted here? every single person whos posted in here drives an amazing car.

:thumbsdow

i was talking about this threat you fag not about the whole forum.

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by B17a

I think the reality is the people you assume who don't own their cars or have ever modified a car, are actually in fact beyond that stage. I think they've out grown the loud exhausts and flashy lights and have realized the money is better spent doing real performance mods (see Rage's Porsche and the collection of AMGs). So in reality the people you refer to have been there done that so to speak and do understand.

again i wasn't talking about the forum just the thread and ya i am not into lights and crap like that eithe but if i put a tanabe exhaust on my car or greddy i expect not to get pulled over. and that is something that a whole bunch of people won't understand cause they see no reason to put a 1000 dollar exhaust on your car.

gpomp
05-29-2003, 01:22 PM

i was talking about this threat you fag not about the whole forum.
Um, those are the people in this thread...

a whole bunch of people won't understand cause they see no reason to put a 1000 dollar exhaust on your car.
Why would you spend $1000 on an exhaust?

guitardemon
05-29-2003, 01:22 PM
hey veilside.... why are you such a bitch to everything we start?? like fuck buddie let ppl bitch about wat they want and don't start talking shit about everyone else

guitardemon
05-29-2003, 01:24 PM
if i was a administrator, i would have banned you long ago, but i'm not and i can't but the thought counts:rolleyes:

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Why would you spend $1000 on an exhaust?

don't worrie buddy keep ghetto building your car.

rage2
05-29-2003, 01:36 PM
if i put a tanabe exhaust on my car or greddy i expect not to get pulled over.
The exhaust laws may be retarded, but it's still the law, and you're still breaking it, so you should expect to get pulled over and get ticketed. At least you don't get demerits on illegal exhausts :).

If you can afford a $1000 exhaust, you should be able to afford the ticket. Just consider it "mod tax". It's unfair, but it's the law.

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The exhaust laws may be retarded, but it's still the law, and you're still breaking it, so you should expect to get pulled over and get ticketed. At least you don't get demerits on illegal exhausts :).

If you can afford a $1000 exhaust, you should be able to afford the ticket. Just consider it "mod tax". It's unfair, but it's the law.

oh i am not complaining about the tickets. I am just saying that a guy wiht a stock car shouldn't be telling a guy with a modifed car to "live with it princess" when he gets a ticket. its pretty annoying when people talk about things they don't know.

and why should we pay a tax for doing something we love. the guys wiht muscle cars don't have to.

GTS Jeff
05-29-2003, 01:50 PM
and why should we pay a tax for doing something we love. the guys wiht muscle cars don't have to. who is "we"?

the import crowd? fuck buddy, u dont represent the import crowd. u dont represent shit! there isnt a single import guy on this website that would want to be associated with a shitcrapping asshog like u. u give all car enthusiasts a bad name.

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 01:52 PM
who is "we"?

the import crowd? fuck buddy, u dont represent the import crowd. u dont represent shit! there isnt a single import guy on this website that would want to be associated with a shitcrapping asshog like u. u give all car enthusiasts a bad name.

what the fuck are you talking about???

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 01:57 PM
you think you are part of the import crowd. you are par of the little fag on the computer dissing peoples cars becasue you drive a piece of shit.

Ben
05-29-2003, 01:57 PM

oh i am not complaining about the tickets. I am just saying that a guy wiht a stock car shouldn't be telling a guy with a modifed car to "live with it princess" when he gets a ticket. its pretty annoying when people talk about things they don't know.

and why should we pay a tax for doing something we love. the guys wiht muscle cars don't have to. .

Actually you are complaining about the tickets.

Man this is so funny. you guys believe that cops are out their to give out tickets for clear bulbs. do you guys not see what is happening in the nw. its becasue of shit like this cops giving tickets for retarded reasons when they should be stopping crimes and catching the theives.

They (cops) are more like a business then the whole "to serve and protect". .

I just think there are way more importat things for them to do then hand out tickets for retarded things. and the cops that give you the tickets are also the ones that respond to calls and take car of other issues like finding stolen property. and its retarded to think that while they are giving a misly 34 dollar ticket somebody is getting their car broken into. Calgary Police is absolut B.S. they need to get their act together

YOU MUST BE JOKING YOU CAN"T BE THIS RETARDED. it is not SPEEDING. its is a white bulb.

and then your mullitude shines though:

i was talking about this thread you fag not about the whole forum.

you think you are part of the import crowd. you are par of the little fag on the computer dissing peoples cars becasue you drive a piece of shit.

And then this:

again i wasn't talking about the forum just the thread and ya i am not into lights and crap like that eithe but if i put a tanabe exhaust on my car or greddy i expect not to get pulled over. and that is something that a whole bunch of people won't understand cause they see no reason to put a 1000 dollar exhaust on your car.

And so we seee that you clearly have no idea how the Law enforcement community works, and the simple fact that they dont make the rules, they just enforce them. Go sell hate some place else, were all stocked up here thanks.

guitardemon
05-29-2003, 01:58 PM
all of you ladies quit your bickering:clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl:

VeilSide
05-29-2003, 01:59 PM
i realize that but i was bitching about guys wiht stock cars telling a guy who got a ticket for a part to live with it princess.

rage2
05-29-2003, 02:01 PM
this aint' going nowhere. Guys, please keep the insults off the forums. Bans will be coming up shortly. You too Jeff GTS.