PDA

View Full Version : truck drivers owned on glenmore

AutodreamMarvin
05-29-2003, 01:53 PM
did anyone see the massive truck inspection they had running under the 18street overpass on both sides? massive truck inspection. there must have been at least 30 guys either inspecting, or handing out tickets.
anyways, good job cps. it's about time that they had a major crackdown on all those un-safe semi's on the road.:thumbsup:

Ben
05-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Tuesday - Deerfoot Tr @ McKenzie Lake

rage2
05-29-2003, 02:02 PM
About time. I just got a $600 windshield repair bill due to a fucking dirty semi shooting golf ball sized rocks on the AMG :(.

Ben
05-29-2003, 02:08 PM
The huge BFI Industrial Garbage truck was getting towed :P

littledan
05-29-2003, 02:13 PM
man they need to crack down here in edmonton... couple of days ago on my commute to sherwood park a big ass dumptruck cut me off and chucked a huge rock at my windshield... just about every day there is a semi going 90 in the fast lane right next to another doing 90 in the slow lane..:banghead: really frustrating just had to vent

kenny
05-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Interesting that nobody is bashing cops here for doing their jobs

Ben
05-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Interesting that nobody is bashing cops here for doing their jobs

funny how that works hey? :rolleyes:

buh_buh
05-29-2003, 02:21 PM
yeah, I was gonna say, how is this any different from them pulling people over for windshield washer LED's, modified exhausts, clear corners, etc?

spyguy
05-29-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm so sure the community saying the same thing about the import scene..."finally those moddified cars are getting tickets for their big exhausts and ugly wings..." hahahah

szw
05-29-2003, 02:36 PM
haha, no kidding.

However most of the things they are ticketed and forced to fix are safety related items as opposed to LED washers and stuff.

However its still good to get as many LED's off the streets as possible.

AutodreamMarvin
05-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
yeah, I was gonna say, how is this any different from them pulling people over for windshield washer LED's, modified exhausts, clear corners, etc?

easy,
safety vs. annoyance

SilverRex
05-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2
About time. I just got a $600 windshield repair bill due to a fucking dirty semi shooting golf ball sized rocks on the AMG :(.

yes, the level of damage is calculated based on the size of the rock X speed of the vehicle. In your case, the probability of your AMG windshield to crack requires you to be at a speed of 200km/h and upwards.

however, with some trainning, you should be able to avoid such bad luck. I can help you lob rocks over bridges while you can practice steering away and improve your reaction time by 1/4 of a second.

The only drawback, I will not cover the cost of replacing your windshield during such practices. But hey, you will do anything to achieve madskillz right? :D

anywayz im just kidding :thumbsup:

sexualbanana
05-29-2003, 05:28 PM
so that's what that was on glenmore!! i saw it earlier and was like what the hell is go in on?

EstoMax
05-29-2003, 08:17 PM
do they do big crackdowns for cars as well?

i know back when i lived in Estonia every year once or twice they just had a huge crackdown on one of the main streets, the cops just lined up and pulled over everyone they could and checked their licenses,insurance and if their car was in legal shape to drive... wonder why that stuff doesnt happen around here

max

oh yeah and i agree on trucks bein checked up like that is a good thing cause today goin to college there was a truck in front of me carrying dirt and it was just trickling dirt and small rocks onto my car.. i dont think i got any damage though.. none that i saw. but something couldve happened! and dump trucks sometimes have shit flying out of their backs which is kinda gross, plus they stink

Ben
05-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Max
do they do big crackdowns for cars as well?

i know back when i lived in Estonia every year once or twice they just had a huge crackdown on one of the main streets, the cops just lined up and pulled over everyone they could and checked their licenses,insurance and if their car was in legal shape to drive... wonder why that stuff doesnt happen around here

max

oh yeah and i agree on trucks bein checked up like that is a good thing cause today goin to college there was a truck in front of me carrying dirt and it was just trickling dirt and small rocks onto my car.. i dont think i got any damage though.. none that i saw. but something couldve happened! and dump trucks sometimes have shit flying out of their backs which is kinda gross, plus they stink

I've seen a couple of those here in Calgary a couple times last year.

5.9 R/T
05-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by szw
haha, no kidding.

However most of the things they are ticketed and forced to fix are safety related items as opposed to LED washers and stuff.

However its still good to get as many LED's off the streets as possible.

I'm sure there are some trivial laws that piss truck drivers off too.

EstoMax
05-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ben

I've seen a couple of those here in Calgary a couple times last year.

oh.. well i never saw it in usa.. lazy cops here. haha

max