PDA

View Full Version : Alarm remote didn't work

bigbadboss101
03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
I have a Compustar one way remote starter/alarm. Parked the car at airport Friday. Monday morning the remote would not open the doors. Tried every button to open/close door, and start car but nothing. The blue light did go on.

Used the key to get in car and of course alarm went off and after a while it stopped. The alarm is still active as the warning light is on.

Car battery is good as I have lights, radio, heater etc. The remote was working on Friday so I don't know if the remote battery is bad. What else can it be?

Is there a way to get the car started without using the remote to disactivate? Autotemp asked me to take the car it but it's kinda hard to when it would start, plus I am in Fort McMurray. The shop that I got it at do not open for business on Mondays.

DeeCEE101
03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
You can bypass the alarm by going into learning/valet mode by turning the key in the ignition to the on position and back to the off position 5 times in succession, the parking lights will flash if you did it correctly. I've done this myself when the battery in my remote died and had to use the key to get in. The alarm will go off like you experienced, and doing the key thing will stop and deactivate the alarm.

As for fixing the remote.. it doesn't hurt to change the battery, since there may not be enough juice left to command the alarm, but just enough to make the led work. You could try re-learning the remote right after you deactivate the alarm with the key, however i'm not sure which buttons you have to hold down to do so.

carter_prelude
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
^ how do you put it back into normal mode? i think i put mine into V mode by accident lol

5hift
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
For the OP, your situation sounds exactly like what happened to me ... turned out to be battery.

For Carter_Prelude: I think you hold 1 and 3 togther.

carter_prelude
03-14-2007, 12:13 AM
thanks ^ haha