PDA

View Full Version : LF: someone to fix my computer

asian_importz
03-05-2007, 06:26 PM
hey guys i'm just having problems with my laptop. i need it fixed. its a hp pavillion notebook. let me know what u charge and if u can fix it...

details of problems:
i just had it reformatted and now it gets so many viruses and spyware
its really slow
some computer pop ups keep popping up that i th ink wrecks the computer...not internet popups...popups that the computer itself has a problem
oh yah and i don't have any of the discs that came with it i lost them when i moved
thanks guys let me know

giantyogurt
03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
If the installation CD is not a pirated version with trojans installed,

Make sure to unplug the network cable or turn off the cable/ADSL modem while reinstalling Windows. Installing Windows when there's no protection against viruses should always be avoided.

Go to www.zonealarm.com to download a firewall software which is free. You can monitor network traffic with it, so you can see what kind of malware is using your Internet connection.

fiveabi
03-05-2007, 10:39 PM
ditto to above, install without ur netowrk on, or plugged in

3G
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
or install service pack 2!

thetrousertrout
03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Pm'ed

asian_importz
03-06-2007, 12:31 AM
thanks for all the pms....i'll get back to as many as i can

soupey
03-06-2007, 01:21 AM
leave it at my place for a day and ill have it ready with everything including s/w to make it a bit tougher for crap to get onto ur comp in the first place.

Canadian 2.5RS
03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
get the program hijackthis and learn how to use it. It's really easy. essentially you will make a report and post it to a website ( i can dig up the link if you need it) and it will tell you all the programs that are bad for your computer or ones that are of a questionnable nature. Then you need to delete those and you wont have any more of those malicious programs.

Then get ccleaner and run that so it will delete all the crap you dont need like cache's etc...

also run adaware se and spybot search and destroy then get a zone alarm firewall and AVG virus protection <--- all of which are FREE.

After you are done with all of that you shouldnt have to worry too much about virus' and spyware.

:thumbsup:

nos_efx
03-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Reformat again with it unplugged from the network, fixing it at this point is just time consuming. Backup you data.

Afrodeziak
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I am an IT consultant specifically in this field of work for most of my clients. If you have further problems PM and we can agree on a rate. thanks