PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Ferrari 360 Spider

RC-Cola
05-29-2003, 09:30 PM
That Right, I saw a Silver one down at Elbow Springs Golf Course today around 4:00...

Easily the nicest car I have ever seen on the street... :drool:

Unfortunately, I don't make a habit to carry a camera with my so I didn't get a picture. :thumbsdow

Expiredsoda
05-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Yeah I saw the same car today to. It had the top up and the guy gunned it down glenmore. That 3.6L V-8 screams like a banshee and sounds absolutely amazing. I think next to the F355 and F50GT1 this is the best sounding new (94+) Ferrari. I tried to pull up to ask him if it was the F1 Gearbox or the 6Spd, but never got close enough. :( Oh, it had the black screen rear, instead of the solid painted one. Looks much better IMO

RC-Cola
05-30-2003, 08:02 AM
That's the one, except he had the top down when I saw it...

I didn't get right onto the vechicle so I couldn't tell you what he had for a tranny. All I know is the stick was very small, like 3 maybe 4 inches high, you definately could not wrap you whole hand around it...

ZorroAMG
05-30-2003, 12:45 PM
F1 tranny.

Hakkola
05-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I saw it too like 3 days ago on 17th ave.

kevie88
05-30-2003, 01:13 PM
haha! I saw that at the safeway in Westhills! He was parked in the middle of the parking lot, so I figured I'd park right next to him... Made my car look so.... Plain!! :D

rice_eater
05-30-2003, 05:51 PM
saw it today downtown :D

ryder_23
06-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Yeah. The guy is a member out at elbow springs, i work their, the car is there atleast 2times a week. Its got the f1 tranny. Last time he was there when i worked, he tourqued outa the parking lot at bout 90

Expiredsoda
06-01-2003, 04:14 PM
He ripped the engine before it was warmed up!?!?! What a fucking dumbass, those engines need to be at their full operating temp before you can give them without risking damage to the internals. Also, it doesn't surprize me he has the F1 Tranny, although its cool..... the 6spd would be the only true way to drive that car.

ryder_23
06-01-2003, 07:25 PM
:werd:

bosa
06-01-2003, 07:35 PM
I saw that 360 Spider the other day also. :hitit: So nice, that my tounge almost fell out of my head! :drool: I wish I had my camera also.. :banghead:

Expiredsoda
06-02-2003, 01:56 AM
it was ripping, prolly around 7000rpm on a cold FERRARI engine [/B]

:( :( :(

People that do that don't deserve those cars.

Redlyne_mr2
06-02-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Yeah. The guy is a member out at elbow springs, i work their, the car is there atleast 2times a week. Its got the f1 tranny. Last time he was there when i worked, he tourqued outa the parking lot at bout 90, without letting the engine warm up, well seem'd to me it hadnt warmed up. I'll get some pics of it one day, didnt have camera the other day. I believe the guy is in his late 20's and he also owns a h2 hummer.
Im sure its leased so I doubt he really cares about the cars long term life

ryder_23
06-02-2003, 12:22 PM
I think hes the owner owner

ryder_23
06-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Expiredsoda
Oh, it had the black screen rear, instead of the solid painted one. Looks much better IMO

AKA Challenger Grill....my friends dad had it on his, Red 2002 360 modena..bought it brand new, sold to some guy, guy tossed exhaust on it, and sold it to bmw, u mighta seen it at auto show and at bmw in crowfoot, i believe they sent it down to the us...they wanted 250000 for it, :barf:

ryder_23
06-04-2003, 10:08 AM
It was at the golf course again last night. It doesnt have the challenger grill, but its the same one that was their before. The guy seriously looks like hes about 25, and i believe he is. I got lots of pics of his car, that i will post up shortly, just gotta get to school.

rage2
06-04-2003, 10:21 AM
People that do that don't deserve those cars.
And I'm sure you guys all deserve that car :rolleyes:.

BTW - the owner reads here... I wonder if he knows who the guys are that are talking shit about him :rofl:.

rage2
06-04-2003, 10:21 AM
Oh, and if you are posting pics, blur/delete the plates, or your pics will be removed.

ryder_23
06-04-2003, 06:23 PM
I think theres a couple of them in calgary. Cause i've seen one with challenge grill and one without it

92 Teg-B18A
06-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Also, it doesn't surprize me he has the F1 Tranny, although its cool..... the 6spd would be the only true way to drive that car.

But you see that F1 tranny shifts faster and more consistent than someone driving a stick shift could though :D

ryder_23
06-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A

But you see that F1 tranny shifts faster and more consistent than someone driving a stick shift could though :D

Its just not the same tho. Going threw that 6spd gear box, or that heal-toe-shift, or even having the people see u go from 6th to 3rd, and rip off on the hwy....just not the same...

itsnotaDUB
06-05-2003, 05:00 AM
doesnt the owner of cowboys own one???
whats his name Vickers or something????

Dope Dealer
06-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
doesnt the owner of cowboys own one???
whats his name Vickers or something????

Paul Vickers.

But he owns a Lamborghini Murcielago..

ryder_23
06-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Paul Vickers.

But he owns a Lamborghini Murcielago..

He the one selling the one in calgary?

rage2
06-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Its just not the same tho. Going threw that 6spd gear box, or that heal-toe-shift, or even having the people see u go from 6th to 3rd, and rip off on the hwy....just not the same...
I dunno man, the sound of the computer blipping the throttle on very fast downshifts when cruising in 6th... click vroom click vroom click vroom into 3rd... it's like a frickin' F1 car. Perfect everyime. Hard to beat. Plus at the track, the F1/SMG style trannys are amazing.

ryder_23
06-05-2003, 05:23 PM
True, very true. I feel its not the same. personal choice i guess. I drove an m3 smg before and i loved it, drove the 6spd, and just love the feel of shifting threw the gears myself.

Dahero
06-05-2003, 09:12 PM

AKA Challenger Grill....my friends dad had it on his, Red 2002 360 modena..bought it brand new, sold to some guy, guy tossed exhaust on it, and sold it to bmw, u mighta seen it at auto show and at bmw in crowfoot, i believe they sent it down to the us...they wanted 250000 for it, :barf:

Yeah i saw it today when I went to Calgary BMW in the automall. It is red . The service guy told me that they have had it for about 6 months. Didn't ask what the price was but around a quarter million sounds right.

pox
06-06-2003, 08:46 PM

:( :( :(

People that do that don't deserve those cars. It takes forever to cool down an engine when its off. I can leave my car sit for 4 hours and itll still be warm :rolleyes:

Team_Mclaren
06-06-2003, 09:27 PM
I saw it today at 17th AVE, i couldnt tell what i was at first, but then when i saw the back i was like :drool:
only saw it for a few seconds tho, i was in a restuaread eating

ryder_23
06-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Dahero

Yeah i saw it today when I went to Calgary BMW in the automall. It is a red spyder. The service guy tld me that they have had it for about 6 months. Didn't ask what the price was but around a quarter million sounds right.

Its a modena :thumbsup:

My friends dad might be getting a new one. Since this will be his 3rd ferrari, he gets bumped up on the list big time...when they went from 355 to 360, it took less than 6months to get it...it pays to own em, lol...anyways, i hope he gets the new 360 challenge street legal version :drool:

Expiredsoda
06-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pox
It takes forever to cool down an engine when its off. I can leave my car sit for 4 hours and itll still be warm :rolleyes:

That may be, but when an engine is shut down for longer than 30 minutes, the oil will drain into the pan and cool. A Ferrari engine needs its oil. If you punch a cold...or warm but freshly started Ferrari engine (or any engine for that matter) your asking for serrious problems. The temperature of the block is less of a factor than fresh hot oil running through the engine. :rolleyes: What the hell is it with you kids thinking you know it all, and then giving people attitude about somthing you clearly don't understand?

Expiredsoda
06-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I dunno man, the sound of the computer blipping the throttle on very fast downshifts when cruising in 6th... click vroom click vroom click vroom into 3rd... it's like a frickin' F1 car. Perfect everyime. Hard to beat. Plus at the track, the F1/SMG style trannys are amazing.

A lot of drivers opt for the F1 Tranny, but on hard upshifts the car kicks really hard, you have no control over the clutch and thus why it does that. I agree that the downshifts are really cool, the sound of it blipping down through the gears raises the hair on my neck. However, you'll never really learn how to drive a car unless you can heel-toe downshift it. Plus the trademark gate shifter is just gorgeous.

sputnik
06-09-2003, 07:49 AM
saw a silver one parked in front of Bass Bros in Kensington on Friday night

ryder_23
06-09-2003, 08:08 AM
they have a bass bros in kensington? wow, gonna hafta check it out