PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace Mod ~ Explain

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I was Fado, and was just trying to sell some games and systems i had laying around, ive sold stuff before to others no problem, and because i turn down one guy who lowballs me on something, i get my thread deleted, and I get banned? What the fuck - Im an easy going guy and everything. I sold some other stuff to other members for dirt cheap delivered, no negetive rep, nothing.

Isaiah
03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
It happens brother. Not much you can do about it.

tictactoe2004
03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
im not a mod, but i'll take a guess for you...

1) You had no prices listed for any of your stuff

2) You know you had no prices for any of your stuff and said something along the lines of "Since I don't want to break market place rules im asking $1000obo for each item"

3) You get an offer of $7 on a used game thats a few years old and you say something along the lines of don't low ball me, double it and add a buck and we can talk...

4) When someone tells you not to bitch about low ballers since your not listing prices you tell him to fuck off... I wouldnt be telling people who have been here for a couple years to "fuck off" when you've made about 3 posts ever and are just here to sell shit..

You didnt seem very "easy going" to me... If I had a ban button I would have done the same.

Team_Mclaren
03-07-2007, 03:40 PM
1000 obo? lets be realistic here, did you think that we're all in Gr 4? if you dont our rules, go somewhere else. running loopholes is not gonna get you anywhere.

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
1000 obo? lets be realistic here, did you think that we're all in Gr 4? if you dont our rules, go somewhere else. running loopholes is not gonna get you anywhere.

Hah, shouldve known.

Realistic here? How many people here learn without being told anything? PM is a wonderful thing, you lazy fuckin marketplace mod. At least try to help people out who are selling stuff to other beyond members, instead of just blatently delting their thread as well as them. At least some of the mods put in a huge effort to help on here.
So thanks for your ignorance, and sorry to the beyond members who i was holding those items for. :rolleyes:

Where are the good mods like Weapon_R when you need them.

QuasarCav
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I think the fact that you have been banned at least 4 times before gives you a very short leash.

I personally did not see a problem with your thread but I'm not a mod.

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I think the fact that you have been banned at least 4 times before gives you a very short leash.

I can't say you're wrong, when i was banned previously, it was generally because a mod was pissing me off and I didnt go down softly.

Originally posted by QuasarCav
I personally did not see a problem with your thread but I'm not a mod.

That is my one single point.;)

Isaiah
Originally posted by Ogpogo

Hah, shouldve known.

Realistic here? How many people here learn without being told anything? PM is a wonderful thing, you lazy fuckin marketplace mod. At least try to help people out who are selling stuff to other beyond members, instead of just blatently delting their thread as well as them. At least some of the mods put in a huge effort to help on here.
So thanks for your ignorance, and sorry to the beyond members who i was holding those items for. :rolleyes:

Where are the good mods like Weapon_R when you need them.
I feel another ban coming on.

benyl
You did that in 2 threads... not just the latest one.

You are also using another loophole by using an anonymous email provider that isn't on our banned list yet... it will be shortly.

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by benyl

You are also using another loophole by using an anonymous email provider that isn't on our banned list yet... it will be shortly.

I use that email provider because is free, but thanks. :rolleyes:

Marketplace rules state to post a price, and I did. 100obo. I dont know what any of that goes for, but im sure buyers in the market do. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Isaiah

I feel another ban coming on.

Opinion qualifies for ban? Thanks Isaiah.

Anyways, I found out what I wanted to know, said what I wanted to say - life goes on. I just get frustrated when 90% of the beyond mods do a fantastic job, and then theres the idiots who mindlessly click the ban button without asking "hey bud, you know you cant do that in the marketplace, right?".

Thaco
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM

Marketplace rules state to post a price, and I did. 100obo. I dont know what any of that goes for, but im sure buyers in the market do. :thumbsup:

that's not obeying the rules, it's basically insulting them.

Thaco
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM

I just get frustrated when 90% of the beyond mods do a fantastic job, and then theres the idiots who mindlessly click the ban button without asking "hey bud, you know you cant do that in the marketplace, right?".

I don't know many cops that will come up to you if you're busting some guys legs and be like, oh, you know, you really shouldn't be doing that.

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
that's not obeying the rules, it's basically insulting them.
Yes, I'm sure they're weeping.

Do you not get what Im saying? I didnt know what to price them, so i give them a price, and say "or best offer". Its a widely used sales technique, the whole "obo" thing. :dunno:

I don't know many cops that will come up to you if you're busting some guys legs and be like, oh, you know, you really shouldn't be doing that.

But if he was picking his nose in public he might. Breaking a guys leg is breaking the law, but hey, thanks for the horrid metaphor though.

Thaco
03-07-2007, 04:27 PM

Yes, I'm sure they're weeping.

Do you not get what Im saying? I didnt know what to price them, so i give them a price, and say "or best offer".

But if he was picking his nose in public he might. Breaking a guys leg is breaking the law, but hey, thanks for the horrid metaphor though. well since you rejected the guys offer of $7, you obviously had a value in mind.

But if he was picking his nose in public he might. Breaking a guys leg is breaking the law, but hey, thanks for the horrid metaphor though.

the rules here are th4e law of the forum, the only difference is, if you dont like the rules here, you ahve the option to leave.

Thaco
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM

And i said no, i will not take $7. Its my fuckin shit, why cant I have some say as to how much i let it go for?

if you want a specific price, why not just post it to begin with>?

snowboard
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
you got banned for not saying waht the 65000 page thing wasss :poosie:

benyl
03-07-2007, 04:30 PM
What is your issue? If you don't like the rules, then GTFO.

The mods aren't lazy, the users are... they don't read the rules. Why should a mod bother telling you something you can read. The rules are clear, you just choose to work around them.

I am sure the mods don't give a rats ass about whether you know how much your shit is worth. If you don't know, post it on ebay and let it go for auction. Beyond isn't an auction site... post a price. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM

if you want a specific price, why not just post it to begin with>?

I didnt want specific, just not stupid.

well since you rejected the guys offer of $7, you obviously had a value in mind.

And i said no, i will not take $7. (Followed by YOU whoring up my thread.) Its my fuckin shit, why cant I have some say as to how much i let it go for?

Like I said about your shitty metaphors, thats like saying that if I ask $35000obo for my car (even if its worth only 32,000), and someone offers me $1000. Must I say yes? hah

What is your issue? If you don't like the rules, then GTFO.

The mods aren't lazy, the users are... they don't read the rules. Why should a mod bother telling you something you can read. The rules are clear, you just choose to work around them.

I am sure the mods don't give a rats ass about whether you know how much your shit is worth. If you don't know, post it on ebay and let it go for auction. Beyond isn't an auction site... post a price. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Benyl, man, you are a perfectly fine mod, and I dont know if you came across my thead, but I failed to break any marketplace rule. I posted a price w/obo (and if it was too high, just like rage2 says, it'll get faded out and noone will buy anyways), and following the posted price I recieved offers as well. Whats the problem?

Originally posted by snowboard
you got banned for not saying waht the 65000 page thing wasss :poosie:

Lol, im sorry bro, its not that intersting anyways.:D

dsmturbo
03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Isn't there some way to ban his IP's?

What an ass, does he think he owns this place.:drama:

iceburns288
03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
+1 for another ban.:thumbsdow

tictactoe2004
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
i get my thread deleted, and I get banned? What the fuck - Im an easy going guy and everything.

you lazy fuckin marketplace mod.

when i was banned previously, it was generally because a mod was pissing me off and I didnt go down softly.

Its my fuckin shit, why cant I have some say as to how much i let it go for?

You're right, it's nothing you've done... it's all the moron mod's fault and in reality your not a fucking tool...

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by dsmturbo
Isn't there some way to ban his IP's?

What an ass, does he think he owns this place.:drama:

Hells no I dont, but when I make a thread, Im the one making the topic, or sale, and have every right not to take seven dollars (delivered) for a videogame.

Originally posted by tictactoe2004

You're right, it's nothing you've done... it's all the moron mod's fault and in reality your not a fucking tool... Before you come to that simple conclusion, keep in mind that it took me a lot longer, and more frustration to repost my perfectly fine thread, re hook buyers, etc, and now have to make another account, than some ignorant moron sipping Sobe clicking the ban button.

Thaco
03-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Before you come to that simple conclusion, keep in mind that it took me a lot longer, and more frustration to repost my perfectly fine thread, re hook buyers, etc, and now have to make another account, than some ignorant moron sipping Sobe clicking the ban button.

why dont you just take a hint and stay the fuck out?

there are other sites like craigslist and usedcalgary where you can post and sell your shit without "people whoring up your threads" and then you wont have to deal with "ignorent morons who sip sobe and click ban buttons"

Ogpogo
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM

there are other sites like craigslist and usedcalgary where you can post and sell your shit without "people whoring up your threads" and then you wont have to deal with "ignorent morons who sip sobe and click ban buttons"

Look boy, there's no hint. It was a misunderstanding, and here we go again. Im not here solely for selling and buying a few items, I actually use the site. :thumbsup: Seems like your getting more bugged by this thread than me, lol.:rofl:

Besides this is done with. Moving on (said for the second time).

And just to clarify, it wasn't "people" whoring my thread, it was you kid-business.

QuasarCav
03-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Look boy, there's no hint. It was a misunderstanding, and here we go again. Im not here solely for selling and buying a few items, I actually use the site. :thumbsup: Seems like your getting more bugged by this thread than me, lol.:rofl:

Besides this is done with. Moving on (said for the second time).

Thaco has been banned a few time before as well. It's kind of funny when he is one of the marketplace's worst offenders.

brownchild
03-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Sometimes it seems to me like this whole forum is about who can out argue the other person the best, RIGHT OR WRONG! lmfao:rolleyes: talk about INSECURITY in the real world.:rofl:

brownchild
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM

lmfao

Team_Mclaren
03-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Hah, shouldve known.

wow, thanks for that. Lazy fucking marketplace mod? Sorry to disappoint you but i was too fucking lazy to remove your thread. It was actually one of the non-lazy fucking marketplace mod that did it.

Our forum, our rules. If you dont like it, GTFO

Weapon_R
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
The reason we strictly enforce a price policy is to try and avoid these situations. When users don't post a price, and then get lowballed, we are stuck trying to clean things up and it gets frustrating because this situation can simply be avoided by posting a price.

In the future, put a price on your marketplace goods and follow the rest of the guidelines and your thread will not be deleted. You may have been banned for violating the same rules more than once.