PDA

View Full Version : HKS SSQV install...

03ozwhip
03-07-2007, 09:45 PM
hey, my instructions came in Japanese, and i cant read it. i want to install this on my MR2 but have never done it before. i searched for it and i cant find anything anywhere, does anyone have any english instructions or anything to help me out. thanks.

kevie88
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
it really only needs to be:

A: Have the flange welded onto an aluminum pipe, and be mounted to the flange. You can buy a straight section of pipe in your diameter with a flange already welded, but I'd rather have the flange welded where I want it.

B: The little hose attachment needs to 'see' boost and vacuum, so attach that hose to the stock blow-off valve hose attachment on the motor or as I did, I attached that hose to a nipple after the throttle plate. I t needs to be placed after the throttle plate to see true vacuum and boost.

stealth
03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
It's pretty much self explanatory, if you got one with the MR2 flange.

You just unbolt the old one, and bolt the new one back on, and run the vacuum hose.

kevie88
03-07-2007, 10:28 PM
oh yeah, and you can tighten or loosen the screw and lock nut to tighten or loosen the action of the BOV. I ran mine very loose as I had it recirculated. if you run it as atmospheric you should tighten it a bit.

Ek9Max
03-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
oh yeah, and you can tighten or loosen the screw and lock nut to tighten or loosen the action of the BOV. I ran mine very loose as I had it recirculated. if you run it as atmospheric you should tighten it a bit.

new hks bov's don't have an adjusting knob.

kevie88
03-07-2007, 10:37 PM
doh:D

03ozwhip
03-08-2007, 08:36 AM
i dont have the kit, i have a weld on flange. do i need anything else? anyone have a picture of it installed in their 2?

Redlyne_mr2
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
If you have to weld on a flange might as well get a better hot pipe just get a piece of stainless or aluminum similar in size with a bend in it and have welding shope weld it on there.

03ozwhip
03-08-2007, 09:49 AM
where would i find one? are they expensive?