PDA

View Full Version : Good website for Chinese/Japanese "letter" characters?

Graham_A_M
03-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anybody knows of any good websites with listings for Japanese or Chinese characters: for tattoo purposes. I'm just lost in regards to how to draw this up, or where to find the resources... any help or input would be much appreciated.
Anybody that has any input in regards to a good tattoo parlor would help:)

Slashin_
03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
solely my own opinion......ARE U ON CRACk?
u want bible scripts covert to chinese/japanese to be tatooed onto you?
chinese/japanese characters came from pictures (hyroglyphics),each character must be remember off the mind,there is no way to sound it out,and a character has multiple meanings....
don't bother with chinese/japanese tatoos enless u know what they mean, i make fun subtitles in asian movies cause they are so off......

liquidboi69
03-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I agree with Slashin and his comment on movie subtitles LOL.

Anyways, its best if you get close asian friends of yours to ask their parents or grandparents that can help you. Like slashin also said, chinese characters are more like symbols then anything else, so just a character can have several meanings.

Just do some researching I guess, I sitll have yet to find anything goood when translated to chinese.... lol

Slashin_
03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
heres a semi example
"WEI" on its own it can be a name
"wei tai" means wise/rightoues
"wei yan" mean to care for people
"wel zi gay"selfish
"wei sum moi" wtf are you doin?

these are the only ones i know,but the list is infinite

Zephyr
03-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Slashin_
heres a semi example
"WEI" on its own it can be a name
"wei tai" means wise/rightoues
"wei yan" mean to care for people
"wel zi gay"selfish
"wei sum moi" wtf are you doin?

these are the only ones i know,but the list is infinite

are u doing canto or mandarin? i recongize some in mandarin...i think...

Slashin_
03-07-2007, 11:16 PM
i know little of both
but its canto

l/l/rX
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
mmm my friend has this huge tapestry, his dad made. Its the word "fortune" in chinese and its evolution from when it first started to present date in calligraphy styled.
i plan on taking the present word of "fortune" have it big then to the right of it have 5 columns of 5 rows with the past ways of writing it.
this will all be on my shoulder blade...but what you want is something WAY crazier. and yea i dont know if translating your bible scripts from eng (presumably) to chinese is such a great idea. that'd be pretty friggin' difficult cause doesnt the bible use old english?

JRSC00LUDE
03-08-2007, 08:22 AM
What you want to ink is up to you but the first step (broken record time here), especially for something of that magnitude/complexity is FIND A GOOD SHOP FIRST. After you find a good shop see if they will do something like that - you don't want japanese done by someone who doesn't specialize in japanese, period. A lot of japanese tattooing is very traditional and if done wrong will be a laughing stock for anyone who knows what it should be like. There are more ways than you can count to get that style wrong so research an artist that can do it and once you find him/her then worry about design/characters. A good artist that specializes in traditional japanese art will be able to find any characters that you are looking for. Trust nothing from a website that can't be confirmed by someone who reads/understands japanese.

edit - basically same sentiment for chinese.

tentacles
03-08-2007, 10:02 AM
http://hanzismatter.com/

I am Chinese. You can ask me anything. Make sure you post pics of your tattoo after you get it so we can all ROTFL at you. :thumbsup:

lint
03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
http://weblog.delacour.net/images/2003/05/metro-tattoo-story.jpg

Graham_A_M
03-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
http://hanzismatter.com/

I am Chinese. You can ask me anything. Make sure you post pics of your tattoo after you get it so we can all ROTFL at you. :thumbsup:

:rofl: ouch, it was just an idea... honestly... nothing more then that :dunno:
thanks for the input... next time I'll ease off on the booze before coming up with these ideas... :nut:
I guess these replies are to be expected for such a stupid drunken post :(

dj_rice
03-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Gwai lo's and the things they do....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: