PDA

View Full Version : Need a Subaru shop for Accident repair ASAP

Shane1
03-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know a PROFESSIONAL shop that can help a friend of mine who had a mishap with his 06 STi?

Someone cut him off at an intersection and in trying to avoid him slid into a curb/pole... fairly bad damage on passenger side rear.

Needs wheel replaced, back window, maybe the fin, 1/4 panel for sure and rear bumpber... just waiting for an estimate from one shop, but no body has an opening until MAY!!!?

he is picky and doesn't want to take to a back-alley shop (no offense), prefers genuine Suby but...

Is there anywhere else (sponsor's?) that do Subaru repairs?

Thanks.

Cy2k1
03-08-2007, 11:58 PM
allmakes

R!zz0
03-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Cy2k1
allmakes

They do autobody?

I have been hearing nothing but good things from people on this forum about screaming paintworks.

doublepostwhore
03-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Well if your friend is picky, has deep pockets, distaint for regular body shops; then tell him to take his trifecta of awesome to maranello's. They exclusively work on nice cars. I would not be surprised if they told your buddy to take a hike actually.

Other then them, take it to a dealership order all the parts, and take it to an open body shop.

doublepostwhore
03-09-2007, 12:21 AM
How could I forget Dan @ Screamin!!!!

Yes, beyond sponsor, and full time awesome. But then again, your buddy might thumb his nose at them becuase they service... *gasp* honduh's *endgasp*.

That.Guy.S30
03-09-2007, 12:32 AM
he might as well go through insrunace cuz thats going to cost him alot.

Shane1
03-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
he might as well go through insrunace cuz thats going to cost him alot.

He is going through insurance, but still need to find someone that will get it done.

And he was in to see Dan yesterday... haven't spoken to him yet today so not sure how it turned out.

jdmXSI
03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Contemporary coachworks! does a hell of a job

That.Guy.S30
03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
^ that is where subaru would send their cars. but the wait list is quite long. at least a month

TacoMexicano
03-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Actually I have a cousin here in the city who works at a shop in the NE...

My dad just recently crashed moms minivan into a BMW X5 >_<

We took it there, and they had it out and working good, looking brand new in very very little time.

While i was there, i noticed a car they had in there that had actually been pinned between a Semi Truck and a concrete wall, as the semi tried to lane change into it. The thing looked absolutly totalled. However they managed to repair it, do all the body work, and get it looking new. They arent too expensive either.

That.Guy.S30
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
^ well thats strange. they told me that i have to wait at least a month, becuase there are at least 3 cars ahead of me. so i booked at marnellos.

alloroc
03-13-2007, 12:04 AM
*Don't* take it to FIX Auto behind Macleod.

I had some insurance work done there on one of my cars (hail damage) and it was never the same since.

Trim bolts were stripped all over the place they double taped it as a fix, of course I didn't notice that for about 6 months unitil it all started coming off again.

They replaced the hood but did a half assed job on painting the underside.

They didn't rag the vents so even now after a year and a half I still smell paint when the heater comes on.

They got what looks to be paint thinner on one of the signal lamps or brushed it with the buffer because it is scuffed. Of course when I did the walk around they must of had it filled with polish or something but If I dont' keep it polished it looks like ass.

I'll never go there again.