PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Grande Prairie (S10/VW owner...)

LowriderS10
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey guys,

Nice forum...been reading for a while...but I think this is my first post (or maybe I posted a long time ago, can't remember).

Anyways...I'm moving to Grande Prairie on May 1...just wondering if there's anyone from up there on here...

I have a 1991 Chevy S10 slammed 5" front/8" back (plus another 2/2 w/ wheels/tires), chrome front end, built motor, etc...I also have a 1988 VW Fox wagon...bone stock cept for wheels/tires for now...gonna drop it 2/2", toss some smoked tails, clear corners, and some new wheels/tires on it, then leaving it alone...I think.

Are there any Alberta VW or lowrider/sport truck/domestic forums around? Any good buy/sell sites? (Looking for wheels for both of my rides, etc)

I've been around the import crowd for a loooong time...even worked as an editor at a car magazine covering all the import/speed/sound stuff...very nice rides you guys have on this board...cheers!

Mangina
03-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I went up there last Christmas to visit my inlaws, and one thing I noticed was that I was one of the only people driving a car. Get used to lifted 4x4 diesels on the roads.

Chris88CL
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
I've done quite a bit of work close to there. Usually the Grande Cache area. Beautiful area. Mangina is right about the lifted diesels tho. You'll get used to the fumes real fast. Haha.

adamc
03-08-2007, 06:12 PM
nothing better than the smell of burning diesel in the morning.

better than a morning coffee. :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
03-08-2007, 08:26 PM
^ LOL...