PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hiring in the Somerset Shawnessy area

Gravy_83
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Like the title says Im currently working at Telus but its far from Lake Chaparal. Im looking for something nearer to me so i dont have to take the ctrain all the way down town and back. i dont care if i have to drive a bit but i dont want to working downtown anymore since im all the way out here

Mangina
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Uh, what kind of work do you do?

Gravy_83
03-08-2007, 04:11 PM
i've done alot of stuff I've worked sales, retail, customer service, I currently work in a call center, i have done tech support, even sold insurance for a while.

so pretty much anything will do as long as it's the same or more than i get paid now...a bit less wouldn't matter since it would be so close to home. I make 13.50 right now which isn't much for calgary so I know it wouldn't be hard to find work that pays more.

Mibz
03-08-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm sick of the drive thru at Shawnessy McDonalds being closed late night weekdays, please get a job there.

Gravy_83
03-11-2007, 06:54 PM
umm no I'm 23 and about to go into an accounting course so I'm thinking no to McDonalds but thanks anyways hehe. I have worked there allready when I was 15 in New Brunswick i will never ever again stoop to working in a fast food place ever EVER again.

justincalgary
03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
What kind of hours are you looking for and how long do you plan on sticking around due to your accounting course?

Gravy_83
03-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I would be looking for full time. If it's a job I like I will stay at least till the winter and thats if I even get in the course. If the job I get is accomidating I would like to have a job through college as well. so if it's a good job I can actually keep during school I could potentially be there for a good 2 to 3 years. i have been at Telus for a year now but am definintly sick of that place because I work a billingual job and not that I'm a dick or anything but when I talk to about 300 people from Quebec a day I come home way too stressed

Gravy_83
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
could be in the nearer areas as well. For example will be looking for something from about Chinook to here. I can drive to chinook area can't drive downtown cuz I don't want to pay for parking downtown for 5 days a week