PDA

View Full Version : Meeting person in real, after meeting online

GSR2700 ISX
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Has anyone ever met anyone online and then go out to meet the individual in person?

Any good experience? Failure? Success?

Chris88CL
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Havent you learned anything from this thread? Jail time awaits you.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167993

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KuruptEX
03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
03-08-2007, 03:34 PM
:banghead: Must.........resist.....temptation to take thread...........over the top.:eek:

Si_FlyGuy
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
:banghead: Must.........resist.....temptation to take thread...........over the top.:eek:

There're some good threads today. :rofl:

QuasarCav
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Do it!! I'm feeling a real gem coming up from you.

worm
03-08-2007, 03:49 PM
GO ahead and meet them...........................they are always who and what they say they are!:rofl:

tictactoe2004
03-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by GSR2700 ISX
Has anyone ever met anyone online and then go out to meet the individual in person?

Any good experience? Failure? Success?

I've only ever done this once and it worked out very very well for me... the person I met was exactly as described, ended up dating her for a few years.. but i've heard numerous horror stories as well.

I'd say go meet her and if she's not exactly as described don't even sit for a coffee... some people use pictures that are a few years old or have gained mad weight since taking the pics...

Si_FlyGuy
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

I'd say go meet her and if she's not exactly as described don't even sit for a coffee... some people use pictures that are a few years old or have gained mad weight since taking the pics...

Reminds me of an episode of Nip/Tuck where this girl went to get plastic surgery before she meets this guy. :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
03-08-2007, 04:06 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/oddcouple3.jpg

Online dating seems to have worked for Alfonso Ribiero.

Deibs
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
:eek: dammit, that's a huge sum bitch

acura_el
03-08-2007, 04:57 PM
this should answer your question

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=167519

hussein
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
yo, maybe he is just nervous to go to a beyond meet? :dunno:

krisopotamus
03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Buddys sister met with someone she met online who is from Colorado...the are now married and have a newly born baby

kertejud
03-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Well technically me and my girlfriend met online, but it was through one of my cousins so nothing was really a suprise. We didn't even start dating until the second summer we were together (in 'the same town hanging out in large groups of people' form of together).

adidas
03-08-2007, 10:21 PM
I will use Chinook as an example.

Ask her to meet you at Dairy Queen(basically the middle of the food court) and you sit somewhere besides the big windows or sit somewhere near A&W. Tell her to give you a call once shes there so that you 2 could meet up. When you see a girl on the phone and your phone starts vibrating thats when you make the biggest decision of your life. If shes hot go for it, if not there are 2 exits, straight down the escalator or behind the food court.

Good Luck.

HybridTheory
03-08-2007, 10:31 PM
1st question, do you already know what she looks like?
2nd question, how often do you guys talk?

Just asking cuz I met someone who ended up being one of my really good friends from the net.

Thaco
03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
I've done this before, and one of the people i met, is now my wife, we've been together 8 years.

max_boost
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
That's the way the cool people do it now. Establish some connection, get to know the person online, and then meeting them. So much easier that way :D

euro_racer
03-08-2007, 10:51 PM
i met some chick online once.....worst mistake of my life!!! turns out she gained madd weight since the pictures and i felt very little standing next to her (mind you im a bigger 215lb guy) as she was trying to malest me :barf: ...i stayed for 10 minutes, sent a text to my friend to call me and left because there was a "emergency"...she calls me back asking if there was something wrong and i said "its not you, its me" :angel:

if i was to ever do something like that again, i would ask for full pictures and/or cam...now i know how to tell the difference lol and it turns out i am not the only one of my friends that this has happened to lol :rofl:

TEAMFaint
03-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Heard many horror stories..

I have met 4 girls online after talking with them, all turned out successful..dated 3 of them for a while, and im still close with all of them, actually really good friends.

Its a hit or miss.

sr20dets13
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/oddcouple3.jpg

Online dating seems to have worked for Alfonso Ribiero.

AAAAAAAHAHAAHHAAHAH:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that tottaly made my day!!! lmao

SiG Baby
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I met ~Leah~ (my name friend) in person...after meeting on beyond.ca...and I wasn't let down one bit...she's awsome :) LOL

Leah

legereandrew4
03-09-2007, 03:33 AM
I met a girl online and things are actually going pretty good between us. just played pool and had a few drinks the first time then we started hanging out alot after that.

jdmXSI
03-09-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by acura_el
this should answer your question

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=167519

WRONG! SOOOO WRONG!

but :hitit: :barf:

Doctor
03-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by GSR2700 ISX

Any good experience? Failure? Success? I've banged a lot of whores off of myspace.. It's like the new bar.. only you don't have to buy anything to get your balls and asshole licked.

I love myspace actually. Put it in her ass too eh?

JRSC00LUDE
03-09-2007, 10:48 AM
^

:rofl:

And no, I'm not laughing with you - I'm laughing at you. Way to go e-whore! You da man!

Doctor
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
^

:rofl:

And no, I'm not laughing with you - I'm laughing at you. Way to go e-whore! You da man! I don't really care either way... You mean to tell me if you found a bucket full of whores, you wouldn't lock into that shit? Plz. :thumbsdow

JRSC00LUDE
03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Doctor
You mean to tell me if you found a bucket full of whores, you wouldn't lock into that shit? Plz. :thumbsdow

My girlfriends asian dude.. I'm a fat white boy....

My apologies, I guess it worked for you. How'd you fish her out of that whore-bucket? Dangle your little worm until something bit or just pick the first one you weren't related to?

Si_FlyGuy
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM

My apologies, I guess it worked for you. How'd you fish her out of that whore-bucket? Dangle your little worm until something bit or just pick the first one you weren't related to?

:werd: Reminds me of that asian girl-white guy thread.:rofl:

Doctor
03-09-2007, 11:41 AM

Dangle your little worm I didn't say I was asian dude. ;)

JRSC00LUDE
03-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I didn't say I was asian dude. ;)

Hey now no need to feel bad, I too avoided the whole hot-dog in a hallway thing by getting an asian wife. It's no big thing (no pun intended)! :rofl:

Doctor
03-09-2007, 11:53 AM

Hey now no need to feel bad, I too avoided the whole hot-dog in a hallway thing by getting an asian wife. It's no big thing (no pun intended)! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've also noted significant increases in mental stability.. Serious, she is more sane than any white girl I ever rocked out on..

~Leah~
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SiG Baby
I met ~Leah~ (my name friend) in person...after meeting on beyond.ca...and I wasn't let down one bit...she's awsome :) LOL

Leah

Awww, same goes for you. The whole same name and same birthday thing helped haha.

I've met a TON of ppl online, but we usually (95% of the time) have a mutual friend. I've never had one turn out bad.

iceburns288
03-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Never met a girl online but I do meet people at car events... usually Ferrari Club meets, someone will ask "Are you on Ferrarichat? I'm xxxxxx" and it's pretty cool.

I found out yesterday a kid from my school was a member of Ferrarichat:dunno: . That makes... three of us!

QuasarCav
03-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Never met a girl online but I do meet people at car events... usually Ferrari Club meets, someone will ask "Are you on Ferrarichat? I'm xxxxxx" and it's pretty cool.

I found out yesterday a kid from my school was a member of Ferrarichat:dunno: . That makes... three of us!

No one at my school was on Ferrarichat.
:cry:

95EagleAWD
03-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I am...

Originally posted by ~Leah~

Awww, same goes for you. The whole same name and same birthday thing helped haha.

I've met a TON of ppl online, but we usually (95% of the time) have a mutual friend. I've never had one turn out bad.

Awww, thanks. :love:

;)

gpomp
03-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

lol :rofl: :rofl:

~Leah~
03-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Awww, thanks. :love:

;)

Aww, feel the love Ryan!

DJ Lazy
03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

w00t... however ain't seen you in ages.. :(

Shaad
03-09-2007, 11:20 PM
get her cell number a few days before you meet with her. Then call or agree to a meeting, tell her to goto a particular table or some way of knowing who she or posably HE is. Set up somewhere where you have a good view of the person and wait to see whats going to show up there. If what shows up is a man,,, or somthing hideous or a concoction of both, then take some photos to post here. Then goto to the bathroom and phone them up and say your mom is in the hospital or somthing and can't make it.

Or the more humane way is to just meet with no intentions from both parties, talk etc.. and be honest with what your intentions are later on. Also you could conclude your meeting later that night(MSN or whatever) by arranaging a possable second meeting; but we still want pics!