PDA

View Full Version : Moulding Front Lip

max_boost
05-30-2003, 04:30 AM
I am considering moulding the OEM front lip to the stock bumper. What do you guys think of it? Reason being is, I accidently cracked it tonight. Basically I was parked in front of a parking block and for some dumbass reason I let my foot off of the brakes while in neutral with the e-brake down. I was getting ready to reverse but last second I had my mind somewhere else and just wasn't paying attention. Anyway, the impact was still enough to crack the bottom of the lip. Usually I am much more careful but the parking block got the best of me this time!

:banghead: :banghead:

littledan
05-30-2003, 09:45 AM
i don't think i would... if you mold it and then crack it again won't it be a bitch to get off???:dunno:

Wildcat
05-30-2003, 10:25 AM
i say do it, my lip is molded and i couldnt imagine just how gay it would look otherwise, but you do have to be wery very careful

when it comes to molding, the quality/durability of the mold is very dependant on the use of proper epoxys and hard solids, aswell as overall experiance of the person putting it all together.. ive seen kits that look like they were slapped together with bondo/white glue/silly putty/bandaids..

o ya, are we talking about your s2k?

dj_honda
05-30-2003, 10:27 AM
i think its time for the cwest kit...
or j's racing

92 Teg-B18A
05-30-2003, 09:44 PM
mmmhhhmm, ya gotta go C-West now MB :D

fachie
05-31-2003, 12:10 AM
my friend has a molded lip and it looks good and clean and he has had no problems with it.i say do it

shadowz
05-31-2003, 03:41 AM
Get the Amuse chin

max_boost
05-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Hmmm....right now the crack isn't even noticeable and its still fairly minor. I just got the lip done less than a month ago and really don't feel like re-painting it so soon. Will the crack spread over the summer? I'm gonna wait it out, if the crack spreads, I'm just going to take it off.

Don't want to spend any money on this car because I already have my eyes set on something else lol

dj_honda
05-31-2003, 02:20 PM
the crack will only get bigger with large fluctuations of temperature i would say.....