PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hortons (6th and 5th) Across from Courts

The Cosworth
03-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to warn you about the tim hortons across from the new criminal courts building on 6th Ave and 5th Street.

I used to work at the Tim Hortons in Crowfoot when I was in High School so I know how things are SUPPOSED to run.

If you are getting a coffee they are alright at it, everything else sucks there.

Last week I went in to get lunch on Saturday (I work weekends in the Ford Tower across the street) and she didnt understand the difference between chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I was shocked at this because if some unsuspecting parent gets those for their peanut allergic child there could be hell to pay.

Second she forgot all of our order except the chili's we ordered, which is fine people forget, but then she made it a BIG hassle to get our drinks and correct food.

this morning on my way to work I stopped and got a coffee and bagel, coffee is good as usual but the bagel is half cooked. Its pretty :barf: When i went in there (at 745) they had NO food out, NONE at all, no muffins, bagels, donuts, timbits, anything. They are supposed to have a full showcase by 545 in the morning. So granted they might be having a bad day but I have not once had a good experience with anyone there. I spoke with the supervisor about it and again felt like it was a huge hassle to be talking to me.

Just a warning to get your coffee but go and get your food elsewhere.

Disoblige
03-11-2007, 09:47 AM
The problem with Tim Hortons is that you rarely have employees who have worked there for a long time. Most people see how horrible it is to work at Tim Hortons and they end up quitting pretty soon. So, you get a lot of people serving you who aren't that experienced.

And most Tim Hortons are like this too, like the Tim Hortons right in the downtown core (the busiest Tim Hortons in Calgary near Quiznos). All of the employees they put at the front, 80% of them don't know english well and you can see the line going further and further out into the street during peak hours. It's because theres a lot of people who want coffee, but it's also because of the terrible service and employees who serve you worse than you could yourself. 17th Ave is the same, one down at Macleod's the same, the list goes on.

Si_FlyGuy
03-11-2007, 10:53 AM
:werd: It's a fact of life in Calgary. If you want service, you'll have pay $0.20 more for your coffee and go to Starbucks.

JordanEG6
03-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
:werd: It's a fact of life in Calgary. If you want service, you'll have pay $3.20 more for your coffee and go to Starbucks.

Much better :D haha.

Jed Bouscal
03-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
:werd: It's a fact of life in Calgary. If you want service, you'll have pay $0.20 more for your coffee and go to Starbucks.

Whenever I go to starbux I end up paying 8 dollars including tip for my coffee.

The Tim Hortons at Crowfoot is really well run. They have much lower turnover than most of them I think, and they keep themselves much better staffed as well. I usually go atleast once a day.

Si_FlyGuy
03-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Much better :D haha.

You're comparing coffee to lattes. :D

16oz coffee at Starbucks - $2.07 after tax.
Large coffee at Timmy's was around $1.90 last time I was there. IIRC

Jed Bouscal
03-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah but starbux doesn't put crack in their cream like Tim Hortons does. They put it in their white chocolate mocha flavour.

Si_FlyGuy
03-11-2007, 01:01 PM
My biggest complaint with Starbucks is that they are seriously lacking eye-candy.

I thought that premium I pay for my Venti-nowaternofoamextrahotdiab-tazo chai was supposed to go towards them hiring managers with an eye for talent?:rofl: