PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

MtYurmom
03-11-2007, 06:31 PM
So very shortly, I'll be car shopping. I've decided out of two cars I would like to have. I will either be going with the VW GTI, or the Rabbit. 2 door ofcourse. I chose to go with VW because of the engineering involved.
What i'm asking for is everyone to, give me some input on both cars. Why would you go with one, rather than the other? Is the gas mileage any different from the two? Just anything to help me decide on which to get.
There is a poll, and a comment on your decision would be appreciated. Oh yea. I will be moding, so keep that in mind aswell. Thank you ;)

-MtYurmom

hjr
03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
well there is a significant price and power difference. what is you budget?

The Cosworth
03-12-2007, 01:36 PM
GTI if you want a sports car. (its what I am getting delivered this June)

Rabbit if you want a GTI without a engine with lots of mod capabilities, they have a 5 cyl 2.0L where as the GTI is a 2.0T (254 HP, 303 FTLB) see concept 1 in calgary's chip ($800)

The rabbit nicely equipped you could get for 21000 the gti will run you at least 32,000

IMO your on beyond, so get a GTi

MtYurmom
03-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by hjr
well there is a significant price and power difference. what is you budget?

Im just looking for something i can mod my self. I might go with the GTI for the turbo, being thats what i want anyways. But also, i'd want to mod to a larger turbo. so would it be cheaper to go with the Rabbit and mod it? or the GTI with a turbo, just to upgrade it anyways? I know, well hope, the GTI has modified the engine parts to be able to withstand a larger turbo. Shit i dont know really.

Impreza
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
^ You do realize what it entails to upgrade the turbo on a GTI right?

MtYurmom
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
^ You do realize what it entails to upgrade the turbo on a GTI right?

Not really, kinda why im asking for help :D

The Cosworth
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah dude, to give it a good boost of power (up to around 300 HP) you could add a good intake, well tuned chip, good exhaust and possibly upgrade the plugs, wires, and stronger coils maybe

Call concept one, tell them your plan and ask if its possible to put forced induction on the 5cyl's and if so how the perfomance is. I would think they would help you seeing as you will be giving them business (even if it is internet orders)

Again I suggest GTi as I already went through this debate and for overall bang for your buck and reliability you cant go wrong with a moderatly tuned GTi

MtYurmom
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Can i get a web page for concept one? Ive googled and all i see is junk for phone systems and industrial crap

*edit nvm i got it