PDA

View Full Version : diggs

soupey
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
what is it? notice it at the bottom to the right of google ads in a thread like this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1924618#post1924618

jdm_eg6
03-11-2007, 07:47 PM
yeh what is this "DIGGS" stuff?

adam c
03-11-2007, 08:18 PM
i was just going to post this question as well

kylemitz
03-11-2007, 08:19 PM
http://digg.com/how

Chris101
03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Basically a web app that displays online content items based on popularity. The popularity is based on the number of "diggs" the content item recieves. Everytime a surfer clicks the "digg it" button on an article, blog, video, or in this case a thread, it adds another "digg" to the content item.

schocker
03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Cool feature to have here, i noticed it earlier. Of course everyone should digg the rsx thread, get him worldwide recognition.

zieg
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Cool feature to have here, i noticed it earlier. Of course everyone should digg the rsx thread, get him worldwide recognition.

Way ahead of ya. :thumbsup:

Protham
03-11-2007, 09:02 PM
if u wanna find out what digg REALLY is just go to www.diggnation.com and watch the show its hilarious! of the guys drives a rsx... which is kinda ironic at this time

kenny
03-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Sorry, was going to post a quick write up but I've been busy making a bunch of other behind the scenes changes here on beyond.

Basically, the Digg icon is for everyone here to share interesting threads with the rest of the world. If you found a thread useful, funny, or just think other people would enjoy reading it then click the digg it icon to submit it to digg. If somebody else has already dugg the post (greater than 0 diggs) then by digging you are up-voting the story on Digg.com

Of course, this will only work on sections that do not require someone to register and log-in. I will be making some changes so the icon doesn't appear on register only sections (such as Ask Leo) but in the mean time, just don't submit anything from there :)

Enjoy!

D'z Nutz
03-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Time to make wheelchair lady famous....

EK 2.0
03-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Time to make wheelchair lady famous....

my friend, I was thinking the exact same thing haha...

D'z Nutz
03-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

my friend, I was thinking the exact same thing haha...

Bwahaha, consider her officially Digg'ed! Filed under "Entertainment > Celebrity"

soupey
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
hahaha i had no idea what it was, thats awesome tho, nice feature, what else is being added to beyond?

schocker
03-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Damn last night there were like 20 diggs, now there are almost 1000 on the RSX thread. Digg is doing its job, hopefully wheelchair lady will be next:rofl:

GQBalla
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
lol this thing is cool - does beyond get money for puttin that thing there ?

Hollywood
03-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Sorry, was going to post a quick write up but I've been busy making a bunch of other behind the scenes changes here on beyond.

Basically, the Digg icon is for everyone here to share interesting threads with the rest of the world. If you found a thread useful, funny, or just think other people would enjoy reading it then click the digg it icon to submit it to digg. If somebody else has already dugg the post (greater than 0 diggs) then by digging you are up-voting the story on Digg.com

Of course, this will only work on sections that do not require someone to register and log-in. I will be making some changes so the icon doesn't appear on register only sections (such as Ask Leo) but in the mean time, just don't submit anything from there :)

Enjoy!

Damn I cant make my ask leo thread famous???

kenny
03-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
lol this thing is cool - does beyond get money for puttin that thing there ?

Not directly, its only purpose is to drive traffic to the article that is popular. If these visitors click on ads, then yes beyond will get revenue.

In some cases, it will cost us money (the RSX thread is a great example) as it created so much traffic that our bandwidth was maxed out :rofl:

AzN'SKillZ
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
to bad the ludegurl thread is in the ask leo section, cant give her any diggs