PDA

View Full Version : acura integra problem

monymoe
03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey all,

I just moved out to calgary so i dont know a mechanic that is trustworthy enough; so i need your advice before i can take my car to a garage..Basically my car is an acura integra 1994 RS with 250,000kms on the odometer. I drove out here from Ottawa and since then (mid december) and last week, i had only driven my car no more than 800kms. Infact, i had not started my car for almost 3 weeks straight because it was sitting in my heated garage.

I tried to start it 2 weeks ago; the car would crank but would not fully turn over (the battery is fine and u can hear the ignition sound, but it would not fully start up). I thought it was a problem with the spark plugs, so me and my roommate got new ones to replace it and low and behold; we found some oil in the sparkplug chamber second to the right. The other three were fine, but this one had some oil and it had slightly covered the sparkplug itself. Anyways, we changed it, and dried it out, tried to restart the car and nothing had changed.

*EDIT: added = I should also mention that since i got here, i did not have the oil changed. the last oil change was done a day before i left ottawa, and since then i drove about 4500 kms (of which almost 4200 are highway) without an oil change. I usually change the oil on the car every 3000 city kms or 5000 highway kms)*

the question now is two fold: what could be the problem, and why was there oil in the sparkplug chamber?

the car has been looked after fairly well while in ontario; timing belt and water pump changed on time, fuel pump checked just before i drove out here, everything was working beautifully. The only problem that i can think off is that therw as always a smell of gas coming out of the car since i had the timing belt changed; and this was back in April. Could this be a factor? how can i stop that smell? It only comes up when i turn on the heater / air, other than that it doesnt smell at all.

Im sorry for the very detailed post, id rather explaion everything now rather than later.

So now, can someone tell me whats going on with my car? and can someone recommend me a mechanic here that is not too expensive but at least knows what he's doing? this car is my baby and if it needs more than 500-1000 to fix, im just going to sell it for scrap and ill be really screwed.

Thank you all for your help, its very much appreciated.

94teg
03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
goto honda-tech.com and hit search... i found 125 articles on it..

could be your valve cover gasket or spark plug gaskets..
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1701358

dooman24
03-11-2007, 11:07 PM
humm pm'ed

monymoe
03-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 94teg
goto honda-tech.com and hit search... i found 125 articles on it..

could be your valve cover gasket or spark plug gaskets..
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1701358

ok perfect, that answers the spark plug question. Do you have any idea about why my car wont start?

thanx again for your help