PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics in calgary specializing in audis?

aXc
03-12-2007, 01:38 AM
So I just got an 2000 a6 2.7T recently and the MIL went off. I haven't gotten it scanned yet, but I have a service appointment booked at glenmore audi on the 22nd to get the car thoroughly checked out and have them pull up the radio code for me. If they do find something though, I'm thinking that doing the work at the dealership will probably be a big ripoff, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that's good with audis? I did get a full mechanical inspection before buying the car with my mechanic (Ali @ ali's autoshop or something... he's an awesome mechanic, but I think hes more experienced in meceredes and a second quote never hurts anyways). Oh and he said I have some kind of oil leak from one of the valves above the exhausts or something, and that it would cost 500-600 to fix because of the labor involved (he'd have to take out the rear axel). I'm kinda "new" (registered long time ago but haven't gone on for a couple of years), so any helps greatly appreciated!

A2VR6
03-12-2007, 05:49 PM
George at TuneDub is great with Audi/VW's, brought my dad's VW passat in for work there. Good prices too!

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I can scan your car for you to at least try save you $100 if you want, then take it to George at Tune Dub for the work if you can't do it yourself. Hes awesome and labor is only $70/hr. He's worked on quite a few 2.7T's. I wouldn't use the dealer. Labor is also $100/hr there. George is just as good.

Let me know if I can help.

aXc
03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the input guys. And I really appreciate the offer Mitsu3000gt! But I think I'll probably get it scanned at the dealership since I'm getting a full diagnostic done anyways along with some other things (I need to get my radio code because teh battery got pulled and I don't have the manual).

Mitsu3000gt
03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Alright, no problem. Give me a shout if I can help in the future.