PDA

View Full Version : e36 wiper motor dying?

topher91
03-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Yo doods.... yet another gremlin....

So my wipers have recently began slowing down. Just yesterday though the wiper had stopped mid-wipe of the window.

I gave it a helping hand to complete the first wipe and it returned by itself but didn't go completely back to its resting place.

Now, if you get it going by helping it wipe again, the wiper will go by itself for about 2 or 3 wipes then the samething will happen. It stops right in the middle.

I've tried lubing it from the outside without removing the wiper arms or anything, that seemed to help. So maybe I just need more lube inside with taking off the wiper arm??

Or is does this mean my wiper motor is dying? I heard this costs lots to replace.... :(

Thanks for the help.

Kaos
03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
You can purchase one that has been used but refurbished to cut down cost's.
I believe Tunerworks can get these.

topher91
03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
You can purchase one that has been used but refurbished to cut down cost's.
I believe Tunerworks can get these.

Ya the parts aren't bad, its the labour I guess. But I'd certainly get a used/refurbed one if I can.

So you think I'll need to replace it?

Thanks.

Nav13
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
dude my e36 is doing the exact same things. And in this season thats not the best feature of your car to go on you. If you find a replacement motor for cheap let me know plz. I gotta get the same work done to mine.

topher91
03-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Nav13
dude my e36 is doing the exact same things. And in this season thats not the best feature of your car to go on you. If you find a replacement motor for cheap let me know plz. I gotta get the same work done to mine.

Well I think it just needs some lube inside. I gave it more lube the other day and let it sit and the next day it worked fine?! :banghead:

I read on bimmerforums.com that a lot of them just need more lube at this age.

Give it a try and tell me what happens.