PDA

View Full Version : Poli Sci Essay help?

r1_boii
03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
my first time doing a university paper, and i was wondering if anyone got any tips for me on how to write.

also, if u guys have any good references or links about parliamentary reforms, like any essays or journals you've read discussing the negatives of parliament and the possible solutions?

its only 3 pages but i havent started because i have no clue where to start =(

TNation
03-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by r1_boii
my first time doing a university paper, and i was wondering if anyone got any tips for me on how to write.

also, if u guys have any good references or links about parliamentary reforms, like any essays or journals you've read discussing the negatives of parliament and the possible solutions?

its only 3 pages but i havent started because i have no clue where to start =(

LOL POLISCI 225!!!!

hahaha

ashee
03-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm so glad I have no Poli Sci essays this semester....

happydude
03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
When I was writing my poli sci papers, and any paper for that matter, I found it useful to write out a basic outline for how I wanted the paper to flow. I'd do research and fill in the outline with my information in point form, then go through and string it together in sentences.

In terms of sources pretty much look anywhere and everywhere. I seem to remember somewhere on the UofC Library site there being a link to an online database of hundreds of journals that was kept fairly up to date and could be accessed for free. Also, comb the library, as well as bookstores, for books that will not only yield useful information but will also help you get a tighter focus on what you're writing about and give you ideas on how to argue it. Look for a series of Political Science books called Crosscurrents. They were a series of books on everything from International Law to Constitutional Politics that presented about a dozen common arguments in point/counter-point format that was invaluable in alot of classes I took.

I'd also suggest going to talk to the prof about possible sources as well. It seems suck-up'ish' to some but if you go to the instructor, chat with them for abit, and ask for help on where to look for info they will likely give you a hand. Hell, I once had a prof for a 500 level course load me up with about a dozen of his own books and journals from his house. :thumbsup:

Also, get to be friends with a TA and get them to sign out books for you at the library using their term loans and avoid all the recall-war BS. ;)

habs
03-13-2007, 01:47 AM
lol... ya cuz all we do around here is read journals on parlimamentry reforms:dunno:

max_boost
03-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by habs
lol... ya cuz all we do around here is read journals on parlimamentry reforms:dunno: haha no doubt.

OP went from asking for tips on how to write, to asking for sources on the topic and then proceeded to say he doesn't know what to do. LOL

HOw is anyone supposed to help him other than just write it for him. :rofl:

ercchry
03-13-2007, 02:18 AM
haha i did a paper on almost the samething, but i shit the bed completly. the only reason i passed it was because he gave me credit for writing the paper :rofl: :rofl:

r1_boii
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by happydude
When I was writing my poli sci papers, and any paper for that matter, I found it useful to write out a basic outline for how I wanted the paper to flow. I'd do research and fill in the outline with my information in point form, then go through and string it together in sentences.

In terms of sources pretty much look anywhere and everywhere. I seem to remember somewhere on the UofC Library site there being a link to an online database of hundreds of journals that was kept fairly up to date and could be accessed for free. Also, comb the library, as well as bookstores, for books that will not only yield useful information but will also help you get a tighter focus on what you're writing about and give you ideas on how to argue it. Look for a series of Political Science books called Crosscurrents. They were a series of books on everything from International Law to Constitutional Politics that presented about a dozen common arguments in point/counter-point format that was invaluable in alot of classes I took.

I'd also suggest going to talk to the prof about possible sources as well. It seems suck-up'ish' to some but if you go to the instructor, chat with them for abit, and ask for help on where to look for info they will likely give you a hand. Hell, I once had a prof for a 500 level course load me up with about a dozen of his own books and journals from his house. :thumbsup:

Also, get to be friends with a TA and get them to sign out books for you at the library using their term loans and avoid all the recall-war BS. ;)

that sounds good thanks!

TNation
03-13-2007, 12:03 PM
PM me for some good sites for that paper

Team_Mclaren
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
which topic are u guys writing? fuck i just started:rofl: :rofl: junior poli sci course FTL

aries_jt
03-14-2007, 11:54 AM
pm'd

johnny.r1.lee
03-15-2007, 02:41 PM
hi kev