PDA

View Full Version : SAP contact?

bigbadboss101
03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Any of you in the SAP field? I am looking for some contacts. I have contact with SI Systems, Finney Taylor, ERP Consultants etc. Also check occasionally with Nexen, CPR, Husky, Suncor etc.

Currently working out of town but want to come home. If you have leads, please pm me :-)

Thanks.

PS Oh by the way, I started in ABAP, then went into HR configuration and programming. After I worked on PM, and now MM.

death_rabbits
03-12-2007, 11:20 PM
my mom works in SAP. she was a team leader for western canada for some company (i think suncor maybe?), and now she's like a step above that r something, whatever that is. as u can tell i don't know a lot about what my mom does at work. she has worked for both suncor and nexxen though, and in calgary. i think she might work for one of them now, but i don't remember which company. i could probably see if she could help if you wanted i know she knows a lot of people in the industry in c-town.

GTS Jeff
03-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by death_rabbits
my mom works in SAP. she was a team leader for western canada for some company (i think suncor maybe?), and now she's like a step above that r something, whatever that is. as u can tell i don't know a lot about what my mom does at work. she has worked for both suncor and nexxen though, and in calgary. i think she might work for one of them now, but i don't remember which company. i could probably see if she could help if you wanted i know she knows a lot of people in the industry in c-town. That's James for ya...always pimpin his mom out.

Respect brah. :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
04-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Anyone know someone who is at Alliance Pipeline? Trying to drum up some contacts.

rinny
04-18-2008, 12:11 PM
What is SAP?? I've seen it all over job postings, wanting SAP experience. Explain please!

Kritafo
04-19-2008, 09:01 AM
SAP is a business software package that they use in the IT Dept

Husky posts all their jobs publicly they don't do internal postings. So everyone has a fair shot at their jobs.

Nexxen is an awesome company to work for my husband worked for them for 15 years in I.T. lots of courses and traveling if you want that. Husky you get nothing but internal training.

I would try to get in a Conoco/Phillips though they are really good to their staff.

bigbadboss101
04-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I worked on a Husky Project many years back. Was only for a few weeks. I will check out Nexen. Didn't see anything last time I checked.

Friend of mine is at Conoco Phillips and he told me there's no new hiring going on for the SAP area. That was 6 months ago.

Thanks for the info Krit.

Kritafo
04-19-2008, 09:42 AM
I will get my husband to ask around Husky, cause there is always someone who knows what is going on...and he is in the IT dept. also have lots of friends at Nexxen.

I always find that because it's specialized it makes it a smaller IT community.

Commanderwiggin
04-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Hate SAP...or at least the idiots who made the SAP package at NEXEN...grrrrrr fools.

bigbadboss101
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Haha funny. Some find it complex, others frustrating. It helps if the initial implementation is done properly, and people are trained to use it to it's potential.

Commanderwiggin
04-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Agreed...its a diverse program that can be fitted to anyones needs...I find that if it is made to be more user friendly and is applied to a task, and improves that task/procedure etc... that it is a good program...however if it is less user friendly and more complicating when first introduced and it slows a process and makes it more inefficient then it should be modified before being implemented in a process. And I also believe that rather than forcing SAP down everyones throats, it should be implemented slowly with lots of feedback from the actual people using the program. I find that at my work it was rammed down everyones throats...made a very simple, quick, efficient process into an overcomplicated, slow, inefficient one where work takes longer to get done because of it. And also no feedback is being taken in and no changes are being made, so its costing the company...and if they knew about the problems it was causing, I'm sure the company would make a change, but they don't and its frustrating to say the least. So being a person who works with another 50 or so employees who also share my same belief, SAP can be very bad under this scenario. Feedback is key.

Mikaldor
05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm looking for an SAP PM functional consultant for one of my clients.