PDA

View Full Version : Ugh more SARS scare...

Zephyr
05-30-2003, 11:07 PM
ugh a person in a city close to mine is isolated for possible SARS... and i heard a kid in canada died with SARS like today. man this thing is pissing me off....

i'm borrowing money from my uncle to buy a car, but he can't come over to north america cuz of the SARS damit :banghead: :banghead:

Stratus_Power
05-30-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
ugh a person in a city close to mine is isolated for possible SARS... and i heard a kid in canada died with SARS like today. man this thing is pissing me off....

i'm borrowing money from my uncle to buy a car, but he can't come over to north america cuz of the SARS damit :banghead: :banghead:

yeh i know what you mean, i cant get a car without my dad being here, and doesnt look like he'll be coming back this summer becuase of SARS.

szw
05-31-2003, 12:33 AM
Are you saying he doesn't want to risk coming over, or are you saying they are actually not letting him come back to Canada??

Zephyr
05-31-2003, 12:34 AM
where in canada did the boy die? i just saw it again on the news...

szw
05-31-2003, 12:35 AM
i think there are like 29 or so deaths in Canada

Zephyr
05-31-2003, 12:36 AM
they said a canadian kid died just today.

szw
05-31-2003, 12:38 AM
my guess is toronto

Stratus_Power
05-31-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by szw
Are you saying he doesn't want to risk coming over, or are you saying they are actually not letting him come back to Canada??

you know the whole you have to isolate yourself for 10 days thing... he just cant afford 10 days like that..

his business really slowed down too, ppl from Europe are scared to come to China.. and the ppl in China are scared of my dad from HK. its all messed up

speedyalero
05-31-2003, 01:08 AM
You do not have to isolate yourself for 10 days unless you are showing symptoms and they have actually upped it to 14 days.

I have travelled back and forth at least 3 times between Japan and Canada since the SARS thing and I think its pretty overblown. More people die from the common flu than SARS. Sure, its a scary disease and you should be careful but I wouldnt cancel any travel plans over it.

Weapon_R
05-31-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by speedyalero
You do not have to isolate yourself for 10 days unless you are showing symptoms and they have actually upped it to 14 days.

I have travelled back and forth at least 3 times between Japan and Canada since the SARS thing and I think its pretty overblown. More people die from the common flu than SARS. Sure, its a scary disease and you should be careful but I wouldnt cancel any travel plans over it.

Well Said - I have been in Toronto since the middle of this week, and I have yet to find anyone wearing a facemask, or exercising precautions that have seemingly been portrayed by the media as necessary to avoid SARS. Being here, you would never have noticed that there is a health issue due to SARS unless you read the newspapers.

girlRACER
05-31-2003, 02:27 AM
I'm in HK right now. Every 1 in 10 people that I see have a mask. Even people wear them when they drive in their own cars but my family says that it has died down and there is only about 1 new case per day.

I think it's time I get my own...cause they have pink ones! Seriously!!

I'll post pictures later :)

max_boost
05-31-2003, 02:28 AM
In times like this, money transfer! Why do you need your uncle or dad physically to be here?

Anyway, I don't know why you are so concerned about SARS Zeph. Chances of you catching and dying from it are extremely slim. Stop watching the news, its bad for you!

Zephyr
05-31-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
In times like this, money transfer! Why do you need your uncle or dad physically to be here?

Anyway, I don't know why you are so concerned about SARS Zeph. Chances of you catching and dying from it are extremely slim. Stop watching the news, its bad for you!

who said anything about concerned about SARS? i just want my 240sx!! :rofl: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
05-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I'm in HK right now. Every 1 in 10 people that I see have a mask. Even people wear them when they drive in their own cars but my family says that it has died down and there is only about 1 new case per day.

I think it's time I get my own...cause they have pink ones! Seriously!!

I'll post pictures later :)
Ill buy you an LV SARS mask