PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer Owners ?

Tetsugen
03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I heard there were two owners located in Calgary that got EVOs in through some loopholes and what not, does anyone have their contact info?

To be very specific i'm not asking how they got them in or if there willing to sell.

Jackc
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I thought they just got their cars before Canada implemented the law? (bumper law I think it was.) I could be wrong though :dunno:

seer_claw
03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
They were brought in before they were banned for having the intercooler piping in the bumper crush under low velocity collisions.

boxer23
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw
They were brought in before they were banned for having the intercooler piping in the bumper crush under low velocity collisions.

:werd: front mounted intercooler...meaning car will catch fire in case of front accident

962 kid
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by boxer23

:werd: front mounted intercooler...meaning car will catch fire in case of front accident

yeah totally! :eek: :eek: Intercoolers are basically bombs after all

eb0i
03-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by boxer23

Where else would an intercooler be mounted?

Euro_Trash
03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

Where else would an intercooler be mounted?

Top mount
Side mount

tsi_neal
03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
i somewhat know (or know of) one of the owners in calgary... but somehow this sounds fishy to me.

I can tell you he is VERY pleased with the car and has made it clear in the past he is not willing to part with the car

Tetsugen
03-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Tetsugen

To be very specific i'm not asking how they got them in or if they're willing to sell.

Again, i'm not asking these questions you guys are asking. I'm curious as to where they get their cars services at.

Jackc
03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Mitsubishi?

xrayvsn
03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
I know they get all their work done at Platinum.

http://www.albertasubaruclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14888&postcount=10

Platinum does all of my servicing on the car - they know what they're doing - one of their techs was sent to the states for training on the EVO, and Jorge knows the owner of the dealership so they take really good care of us....

and YES, i do park the AWD car in the winter.....

finboy
03-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid

yeah totally! :eek: :eek: Intercoolers are basically bombs after all

for sure, mine made my car catch fire twice :eek: :eek:

i just took it off, wasn't worth the fire hazzard :dunno: :poosie:

Tetsugen
03-14-2007, 02:48 AM
I'm located really up north right now, does someone have the contact info of the tech and the service manager?

Tetsugen
03-14-2007, 02:56 AM
N/M got it, thanks guys!

4WARNED
03-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Doh, i missed this thread (one of the few i can actually contribute to)...

I'm here if you need to PM me...but to re-iterate, they're not for sale:D

Pee_Sack
03-15-2007, 08:42 AM
not even for....1 hundred million dollars?

4WARNED
03-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack

PM me if you want to join the dark side......you have made a reasonable offer that i will think about....

projekz
03-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack

I guess we just started the bidding!:rofl:

nadroj23
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Every six months a fuckin EVO thread pops up. PLEASE FUCKIN SEARCH THE TOPIC HAS BEEN BEATEN TO FUCKIN DEATH!

Even google it ffs.:closed:

Synne
03-15-2007, 10:14 AM
If there is an EVO in Canada...it is here illegally...no if ands or buts about it.

The only EVO's that are allowed to be in Canda are:

-Track purpose only one's

-1992 first gen EVO's that comply with the 15year old rule, month and year.

-2007 EVO X's when and if they actually do arrive at dealers.

-Japanese citizens working here that have brought over an EVO on a one year grant for their stay here in Canada

If you see someone driving an EVO around in Calgary...on Calgary plates...and it is left hand drive...he's doing so illegally.

The police and vehicle compliance and safety guys will know this...but unfortunately certain individuals have managed to get their EVO's in under the table and through some small loopholes in the system.

The reason they are allowed to stay is basically becuz they are not registered as EVO's.

4WARNED
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Synne
If there is an EVO in Canada...it is here illegally...no if ands or buts about it.

-Japanese citizens working here that have brought over an EVO on a one year grant for their stay here in Canada

If you see someone driving an EVO around in Calgary...on Calgary plates...and it is left hand drive...he's doing so illegally.

The police and vehicle compliance and safety guys will know this...but unfortunately certain individuals have managed to get their EVO's in under the table and through some small loopholes in the system.

The reason they are allowed to stay is basically becuz they are not registered as EVO's.

Oh boy.....Someone is severly misinformed....do some searching before you make false statements....there are 15 of them brought in at the end of 2003 before RIV added the EVO VIII to their infamous list.....They all have the paperwork , are registered, insured, plated, possess door tags from Transport Canada and YES, THEY ARE REGISTERED AS EVO's (not as regular lancers).....i looked into this very thoroughly before i bought mine....

Please lock this thread down.....the original topic was covered off....:closed:

euro_racer
03-15-2007, 11:14 AM

err i think you might be slightly wrong about some of your points :rolleyes:

Ferio_vti
03-22-2007, 07:58 AM
I saw this downtown the last week.
Dunno. Looked liked the real deal. I didn't get a chance to look underneath for the rear drive axle.

Ferio_vti
03-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Front Intercooler

Ferio_vti
03-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Alberta Plate

Ferio_vti
03-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Enkei/Brembo

Ferio_vti
03-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Carbon wing

4WARNED
03-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey now...quit stalking me.....
That's my car and it does have a rear driveshaft...

calgarygts
03-22-2007, 08:15 AM
I saw you driving this morning on the walk to work and thought to myself 'wow, that's a pretty nice looking lancer'. I don't know enough about these cars to recognize the evo when I see it. Nice car!

Ferio_vti
03-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 4WARNED
Hey now...quit stalking me.....
That's my car and it does have a rear driveshaft...

I should have noticed your user name ;)

So it's the real deal, eh?? Naaaiiiice!!

Cody D
03-22-2007, 12:38 PM
4WARNED, are you worried that the value of the Evo 8 will suffer once the Evo X is brought out in Canada?

There was one for sale in Saskatchewan about a year back, it was going for somewhere in the $45,000.00 range if I remember correctly.

4WARNED
03-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Cody D
4WARNED, are you worried that the value of the Evo 8 will suffer once the Evo X is brought out in Canada?

There was one for sale in Saskatchewan about a year back, it was going for somewhere in the $45,000.00 range if I remember correctly.

Value suffering - who are we kidding? Cars are one of the worst things to "invest" in but I continue to spend $$ on them........there are enthusiasts out there who will pay for an EVO VIII, regardless of the X. Rarity plays a bit in my favor ( i can still say it's one of 15 in the country, whereas the X will be everywhere shortly in Canada) , but at the end of the day, it's just a car. I love driving it, being seen in it, etc...but the value will continue to drop. I have had some crazy offers to buy it out from under me....latest one topped $55K but i just won't sell it.....(maybe i'm crazy)...

That Saskatchewan one is my car now...but i didn't pay anywhere's near $45K for it...he was asking $40K but didn't get it from me...

marko polo
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
^^^^ 55k is crazy, i would have taken it but then again im not crazy hahha

sweet car though

guessboi
03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
^ 55K and you won't sell it. :D :thumbsup: crazy!

Cody D
03-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Cars are one of the worst things to "invest" in but I continue to spend $$ on them........there are enthusiasts out there who will pay for an EVO VIII, regardless of the X. Rarity plays a bit in my favor ( i can still say it's one of 15 in the country, whereas the X will be everywhere shortly in Canada) , but at the end of the day, it's just a car. I love driving it, being seen in it, etc...but the value will continue to drop. I have had some crazy offers to buy it out from under me....latest one topped $55K but i just won't sell it.....(maybe i'm crazy)...

That Saskatchewan one is my car now...but i didn't pay anywhere's near $45K for it...he was asking $40K but didn't get it from me...

That's great that you love your car that much, I hope I get to see your car out at one of the meets.

Edit: I found one you guys can buy in Canada... http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=19865784&pgno=1&srt=1

Loud-N-Clear
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I saw a white evo last saturday at the Wendys on Bonaventure, was that you?

4WARNED
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Loud-N-Clear
I saw a white evo last saturday at the Wendys on Bonaventure, was that you?

Yep...we had just come back from the bmw dealership .....test driving an STi (need a winter beater)....

Loud-N-Clear
03-22-2007, 11:24 PM
I just saw the back, I was almost sure it was an Evo, but thought there was an off chance I had mistaken it for a ralliart with an evo wing. In any case, you're a lucky guy, that's one of my dream cars.

4DoorGTZ
03-23-2007, 10:00 AM

Dumbass thinks because he drives a Skyline that he knows all the rules of importation..... Yet he has done no research and just proved he "thinks" he knows what he's talking about.... why else would he try and give so many reasons they're "illeagal" when we all know of the first few that made it in.... :guns:

Cody D
03-23-2007, 06:00 PM
So much anger, just because the guy was wrong. I think we need a group hug.

TNation
04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Cody D
So much anger, just because the guy was wrong. I think we need a group hug.

aweee come here baby boyy :love:

silva27
05-13-2007, 04:11 AM
haha

AhabTheArab
05-13-2007, 11:15 AM

.....test driving an STi (need a winter beater)....

aha.

azn_ghetto
05-13-2007, 12:00 PM
o i use 2 know 1 of the owners of 1 of the evos in canada, iv seen the car and sat in the car when it was parked in the garage XD but ya he told me that at 1 point they allowed 8 evos into canada and they r insured under lancer evolution, he said that the reason they allowed them 2 import the 8 evos was cause canada customs was stupid and thought that the evo was roughly the same as a eclipes, i dono if they let any more evos in calgary now cause that was 4 yrs ago when i saw the evo

. o 69 o .
05-13-2007, 03:02 PM
test driving an STi (need a winter beater)....

my winter beater is also my summer beater...lol, which is also, just a beater

cheers!

Cody D
05-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by azn_ghetto
o i use 2 know 1 of the owners of 1 of the evos in canada, iv seen the car and sat in the car when it was parked in the garage XD but ya he told me that at 1 point they allowed 8 evos into canada and they r insured under lancer evolution, he said that the reason they allowed them 2 import the 8 evos was cause canada customs was stupid and thought that the evo was roughly the same as a eclipes, i dono if they let any more evos in calgary now cause that was 4 yrs ago when i saw the evo

Nope, that's not right. They came into Canada, about 15 of them before the car was put on the RIV list of cars that you can't import. That's a fact.