PDA

View Full Version : new at photography

tsuga
03-13-2007, 08:55 PM
hi i was just woundering what camera would help take nice shots. but it must be cheap since this will be my first camera
haha thnx

msommers
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd say a digital camera. A simple question deserves a simple answer.

EG STyLeZ
03-13-2007, 10:23 PM
you get what you pay for when it comes to digital cameras. no matter your price range, a Canon would probably be a good choice.

Canmorite
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Canon Rebel (Or the XT/XTi) Nikon D40, D40X, 50...

BerserkerCatSplat
03-14-2007, 12:11 AM
[A D2Xs or 1DsMkII are obviously the cameras for you. Since photo quality is directly proportional to price, an H3D may be what you need.]

seer_claw
03-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
[A D2Xs or 1DsMkII are obviously the cameras for you. Since photo quality is directly proportional to price, an H3D may be what you need.]

He did say cheap. As far as I can tell none of those cameras qualify as cheap. Although if you are rich it might be a different story. :rofl:

Ferio_vti
03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
How about a prosumer digital, like a EVF style camera.

ex1z7
03-14-2007, 11:55 AM
http://blackphotostore.com/english/proddetail.asp?sku=6503

..? not a bad camera, especially for the price ..

seer_claw
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Why don't you go thru this site.

Dpreview (http://www.dpreview.com/)

Take a look thru the camera reviews and see what you are interested in. Get a ballpark figure for 'cheap' and let us know what you want to use the camera for.

When you give us a couple of options for cameras that you like, not just a random statement. Then we might be able to help you out.

Also what do you shoot? Are you a beginner/amateur/professional? Cheap cameras for these different groups will have a price tag and is will be significantly different.

When you have a good idea of what you are looking for in a camera then come back here and ask for help. Get some research done before you come to post, we aren't here to spoon feed you. Although we don't mind helping people out provided they know what they want. :rolleyes:

Evolize
03-14-2007, 12:54 PM
thanks guys!!!

Unknown303
03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Canon Rebel (Or the XT/XTi) Nikon D40, D40X, 50...

Thats a large variation in price ranges. XT-800 XTi 1000. I love my XTi great price for all the features that you get with it. If i have noticed anything however its that the camera feels very small in my hands as a Nikon does seem to feel a lot nice since they are wider. A reporter friend of mine let me try out his nikon for a while and it has a solid feel and the grip is large enough for my gigantic monkey hands.

turboMiata
03-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by seer_claw

He did say cheap. As far as I can tell none of those cameras qualify as cheap. Although if you are rich it might be a different story. :rofl:

he didn't define what he meant by cheap and what he meant by nice. So there is no basis to say a 1Ds2 is expensive by a stretch.

I love these threads where someone hopes to get a good answer from an incredibly vague question with no background to help rationalize a solution.

My answer to the OP's question is to buy a Holga.