PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1988 RX7 60 000 Kilometres

de_frank
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
FS; I am having problems getting my pictures up. If u want to see pictures or have any other questions, PLEASE PLEASE e-mail me and i will be happy to send u pics and answer any questions

1988 Mazda RX7 for sale.

60 000 kilometres (Can prove legitimacy)
Straight line exhaust
Racing breaks
Racing suspension
FF7 18 inch rims
5 speed

$7,900 or best offer

Contact info
Devin Frank
[email protected]
403 238-9515

jf97talon
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
jdm? USDM?
Original engine?
pics?
Does it still have the dual exhaust?

harv91
03-14-2007, 12:19 AM
toss a FS infront dude before mod's close
gl with sale

nosaint
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM
TTIUWOP :dunno:

de_frank
03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
It still has the original engine, Most of her life has been spent in a garage.
Yes, still has dual exhaust

I don't know what jdm or USDM is.

Pics are coming soon; if u e-mail me i can send them right away.

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
RHD-JDM? LHD-USDM?

(right hand drive) ? (left hand drive)?

Akagi Redsuns
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by jf97talon
RHD-JDM? LHD-USDM?

(right hand drive) ? (left hand drive)?

And if it is LHD, what trim is the RX-7..... specifically a TurboII?

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Prob is turbo for that price...
Gx? Gx-L?

de_frank
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
The steering wheel is on the left (if that is what you are asking), And no to the turbo question. It’s the basic model.
Compared to other RX7’s on the market, $7,900 is pretty cheap. Then when you factor in the fact that it has less KM’s them most used cars in general, it becomes a really good deal.

de_frank
03-14-2007, 04:12 PM
All the upgrades are worth about 5 Grand alone.

Akagi Redsuns
03-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by de_frank
The steering wheel is on the left (if that is what you are asking), And no to the turbo question. It’s the basic model.
Compared to other RX7’s on the market, $7,900 is pretty cheap. Then when you factor in the fact that it has less KM’s them most used cars in general, it becomes a really good deal.

The body and parts that are original on the car is still almost 20 years old though :)

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Mods don't add value.

Its priced too high.

If anything it would be worth a firm $4,500

Color of interior? exterior?

Hell just post pics.

Gravy_83
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM

Mods don't add value.

Its priced too high.

If anything it would be worth a firm $4,500

Color of interior? exterior?

Hell just post pics.

I agree with what your saying in part, but not completly. I bought an 88 fc for 3500$. It was in allmost new shape but despite that had high mileage. If this rx7 indeed only has that much mileage on it and he can show proof then it would be worth more than what you say....but then again not as much as he wants. I could see myself paying over 5,000 for a low mileage fc

ercchry
03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
^^ i agree but it would have to be a s5 and atleast a gxl if not higher trim

what are these racing brakes and suspention that you speak of? maybe some more info would be good, like do you have full top of the line coil overs, or do you have some lowering springs. and with the brakes do you have upgraded gxl (4piston) calipers with slotted rotors or do you have some after market pads?

and also no matter how low the km's are on the car it does not change the fact that it is an older car and things do brake down, and since it seems like it has been parked for a while i would say most of the general maintenance still must be done

so if i have to put this into question form:
-what type of suspention do you have?
-what type of brakes do you have?
-what maintenance has been done?

adidas
03-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Great guy and its def a nice car.

GL with the sale Devin.

Adis :thumbsup:

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Exactly but its not higher trim
I bought my 86 FC Gx with 165,000 and 20,000 on a rebuilt with receipts, full dual 4" magnflow exhaust.
MINT condition in and out and i payed $3600

But then again, if someone pays that much then good for the seller.

I wouldnt mind another, but we will see what he has to say about it

de_frank
03-14-2007, 05:16 PM
All the essential parts are still new; medal does not break down without friction (Without being used).
You are right about the body. It has defiantly seen some ware and tear over the years.
Before i put this add up i did some research. I found quite a few RX7's around Canada with KM's of 150 000+and little to none upgrades going anywhere from 10 to 12 grand.
What i am doing here is giving away the car, i am however selling the upgrades, and the engine for $7,900. The body and non essential parts are just a free, yet necessary bonus (which are definitely not new, but are in ok shape).

Regular maintenance is how I can prove the KM’s. Before I bought the car I was able to see the maintenance reports for the last x amount of years + the KM’s (I’ll have to double check with the dealership to see when these reports stop; sometime in the 2 000’s.
I don’t have anymore information on the brakes and suspension at this time. It will take me a few days to get this info.

Regardless, pictures will be up soon. The problem is I can't get the website to upload them because the resolution is too high. Again, picture should be up soon, and if u want to see them i can always e-mail them.

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM

Before i put this add up i did some research. I found quite a few RX7's around Canada with KM's of 150 000+and little to none upgrades going anywhere from 10 to 12 grand.

Ya the Turbo II Gx-L models with a fully rebuilt bullet proof engine.
Maybe even the convertible JDM's. But not a USDM base model with original engine, and a rough body

de_frank
03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Suspension and Breaks are of the highest quality, they where designed for racing and nothing else. For the people who are interested, I’m sure you will be smart enough to take the car to a mechanic before purchasing it. When u do that u will be able to get all the info u could ever dream of.

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Do you know much about rotaries, rx-7s?Just a general question.. kind of curious
These cars need lots of love and maitenence.

Weapon_R
03-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Keep posts on topic. The price is negotiable and you won't likely find more than a handful in the country with mileage like this.

de_frank
03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I never said the body is shot. I said it is NOT new. GIVE ME YOUR E_MAIL ADDRESS AND I"LL SEND U SOME PICTURES.

Bullet proof engine???????????????????

To anyone who might ask, no this car did not belong to James Bond, and is not designed to fight computer viruses in the Matrix..

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:28 PM
I never said the body is shot. I said it is NOT new. GIVE ME YOUR E_MAIL ADDRESS AND I"LL SEND U SOME PICTURES.

Bullet proof engine???????????????????

To anyone who might ask, no this car did not belong to James Bond, and is not designed to fight computer viruses in the Matrix..

I said body is rough.
Bullet proof engines are the nicknames for rotaries after they have been fully rebuilt.
Its not literal.

jason rx - [email protected] for pics

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:31 PM

I said body is rough.
Bullet proof engines are the nicknames for rotaries after they have been fully rebuilt.
Its not literal.

jason rx - [email protected] for pics

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Keep posts on topic. The price is negotiable and you won't likely find more than a handful in the country with mileage like this.

Will do

BUT
Milage doesnt mean anything if the person has no clue how to maitane the car. Especially a rotary

de_frank
03-14-2007, 05:36 PM
The car was maintained at Kramer Mazda

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Send pics to my hotmail.

When was last maintence?
Was car started regularly?

de_frank
03-14-2007, 05:46 PM
jf97talon sorry, but whats your e-mail address

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
[email protected]

Its posted above

de_frank
03-14-2007, 05:49 PM
And to everyone, YES, the car gets, and always has been started regulary.
I left the county for 8 months and paid someone to start the car everyweek while i was gone.

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Those pics you sent are blank- there is nothing in/on them.

Gravy_83
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
wow i thought this was at least a gxl judging from the price. Since its obviously not I dont see how this price is justified. Either way good luck with the sale. You should seriously consider lowering your price as a few rx7 owners have posted on here and to be honnest the price really isnt that great.

ercchry
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
alright i hope THIS IS ON TOPIC

EDIT: you can forget the corrode part was typing before you posted

i am not worried about the metal parts, its the rubber parts that i am concerned with, also it doesnt matter who mantained the car for oil changes and what not, i an more worried about when it was parked for a long period, you see if you dont get all of the gas and oil out of the rotory housing when parked then it will sit in there and corrode the apex seals, thus "blowing" the engine

and it is a rare occurance for a mechanic to be able to tell you the brand and model of aftermarket parts, you see this is an enthusiasts site so just telling us that they are of the best highest quality of parts isnt telling us jack shit

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 06:03 PM
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=26932179&pgno=1&srt=1
1990 JDM Rx-7 TT Gx-l
77,000 kms
$9,900

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=23492402&pgno=1&srt=1
1989 JDM Rx-7 TT GT-X
$7,995

Only 2 7's in the Country that is in the autotrader with UNDER 100,000 and for under $10,000

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Those pics you sent are blank- there is nothing in/on them.

Wanna get some pics and try again?

nubian
03-14-2007, 06:14 PM
jf97talon

your a meat head about rx-7's. stop now while youve only semi smacked your head on the ground.

dual 4" exhuast on an n/a? yah... hey! wheres your back pressure!

north america never had a gx-l turbo.. niether did japan for that matter.

"Bullet proof engines are the nicknames for rotaries after they have been fully rebuilt." No, thes are for engines that have had preventative matinence done to them. like the throttle body mod, thermal oil pellet shimmed and rats nest removal.

and your right, they do need love and care. ive never met a rx7 owner that doesnt redline the crap out of his 7 once a day at least!

stick to your eagles bud! :)

De_Frank: i already have a 7 but i would love to see pics! also what mods have you done.. for the potential buyer :)

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by nubian
jf97talon

your a meat head about rx-7's. stop now while youve only semi smacked your head on the ground.

dual 4" exhuast on an n/a? yah... hey! wheres your back pressure!

north america never had a gx-l turbo.. niether did japan for that matter.

"Bullet proof engines are the nicknames for rotaries after they have been fully rebuilt." No, thes are for engines that have had preventative matinence done to them. like the throttle body mod, thermal oil pellet shimmed and rats nest removal.

and your right, they do need love and care. ive never met a rx7 owner that doesnt redline the crap out of his 7 once a day at least!

stick to your eagles bud! :)

De_Frank: i already have a 7 but i would love to see pics! also what mods have you done.. for the potential buyer :)

Yes i did have dual 4" , let me find my pics to prove

North america did have a turbo Gx-l theres one for sale on here too ill grab that link for you idiot.
Japan had the GX-T.
It was a catchphrase about the "bullet proof"
Bought a eagle to test them out, selling it tho if you look closely at my posts, (my sig to be exact)

de_frank
03-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I would like to call to everyone’s attention "jf97talon" last posting.

Assuming he is right, and there are only 2 other RX7's in the county which have less then 100 000 KM's, I find it extremely interesting that out of them i have the lowest price and the lowest KM's.

I guess whoever buys this car is lucky that i am not an economics major.

To jf97talon, this is Econ 101, extremely low supply (as u have pointed out), I'm going to make the assumption that more then two people in Canada would be interested in a Rx7 with 60 000 Km, so high demand.
What does that equal? Right, HIGH PRICE.
According to this logic i should probably raise the price.

Luck for the buyer that i'm a poli sci major, not an economist. So i'm NOT going to follow the teachings of John Lock.

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Those are both JDM cars not USDM cars like yours

de_frank
03-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Pictures are on there way. I got to figure out how to change the resolution, or just take new pictures. Despite all the postings, this add is not even 24hours old yet.
Just a bit more time please.

Modifications, are, Racing Breaks, Racing Suspension, and straight-line exhaust.

That’s all the info i have right now, i'm sitting in the UofC Library now and i'm not going to be home till all hours of the night.

Sorry, but exact info is going to have to wait. I want to be sure of what i say, so i'm not writing anything unless i'm 100%.

Crymson
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
I hope a mod comes and cleans out this thread.

Frank -- Gl with the sale, it's nice to see a vehicle with such low mileage. If people want a deal, they can buy a 220km car, it may take serious time for someone looking for a low mileage FC to come along, but they will.

Gravy_83
03-14-2007, 07:03 PM
i have never heard of gxl-t heheh i know for a fact nothing like that ever in north america. I know there is a gl,gxl and tII though. I would love to see pics of this as well. I personally think the price is too high since mine was 120,000 kms when I got it and no rust, no dents, no scratches and brand new looking interior and i paid 3500$. I think if you lowered your price a bit you would sell very quickly....and if its in that good of shape why not try to see if a Mazda dealership may take it off your hands...I know back home I seen a couple fc's at the dealership

nubian
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM

Yes i did have dual 4" , let me find my pics to prove

North america did have a turbo Gx-l theres one for sale on here too ill grab that link for you idiot.
Japan had the GX-T.
It was a catchphrase about the "bullet proof"
Bought a eagle to test them out, selling it tho if you look closely at my posts, (my sig to be exact)

lol, must have ran like ass. still dont believe you. maybe 4" muffler tips.. but not exhaust.

i bet that gxl turbo, was a gxl, with a turbo motor put in it.

heh btw.. you mean japan had a gtx..

your right about the catchphrase.. thats like arguing red vs blue.

your also right about the ealge dig i threw out there. i appolgize.

sr20dets13
03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
I hope a mod comes and cleans out this thread.

Frank -- Gl with the sale, it's nice to see a vehicle with such low mileage. If people want a deal, they can buy a 220km car, it may take serious time for someone looking for a low mileage FC to come along, but they will.

agreed..jf97talon...man you post allot of pointless shit..this is a FS ad..not a hey let me "try" to prove to you your car isnt worth what your asking...you havent even seen the damn thing so i suggest you stop filling up his thread with BS you owned a rotary..big deal..dosent mean you know them inside and out..thers allot more to the car then what your trying to say..and if this car is in that kinda shape..i think what hes asking is fine and im sure hes willing to negotiate..GL on the sale and pictures would reaaly help!

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by sr20dets13

agreed..jf97talon...man you post allot of pointless shit..this is a FS ad..not a hey let me "try" to prove to you your car isnt worth what your asking...you havent even seen the damn thing so i suggest you stop filling up his thread with BS you owned a rotary..big deal..dosent mean you know them inside and out..thers allot more to the car then what your trying to say..and if this car is in that kinda shape..i think what hes asking is fine and im sure hes willing to negotiate..GL on the sale and pictures would reaaly help!

I only said that for the body being in rough shape like he informed us, it did not justify the huge price
I even posted 2 links to other vehicles with low kms.
If this car were in mint shape then hell yes it would be worth it.
But its not
I post a lot of pointless shit? Find more threads proving this theory!
I never said i knew them inside and out. I proved that the seller has no clue what he is taking about. He even admitted that fact in the email he sent me....
It was not only my posts claiming that he is asking more than what the car is worth.
Negotiable doesnt mean hes going to drop the car 40% of his asking price to make it a good deal.

Correct i had 3.5" exhaust with 4" tips

sr20dets13
03-14-2007, 11:20 PM
are you even interested in this car? you sig says your looking for a 4 door family car?..

jf97talon
03-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Who says i have to be interested?
Can't i have friends and such

ACTUALLY i have a friend who was really pissed i didnt sell him my FC so hes looking for one.

Team_Mclaren
03-15-2007, 12:52 AM
make a new thread with pics, thanks