PDA

View Full Version : Official AP1/AP2 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

zain123
02-12-2009, 03:55 AM
well small fees like the aircondition charge etc.
u have to remember the inspection costs IF you are getting it inspected it there
flight+cab+gas etc
or shipping costs etc.
i know i had everything calculated but i ended up going over a bit still

whiskas
02-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I have a K&N FIPK CAI for sale in the marketplace forum if anyone is interested.

Skyline_Addict
04-10-2009, 06:41 PM
bump!

selling my AP2 v1 wheels...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/259901/fs-honda-s2000-ap2-v1-wheels/

LUDELVR
04-13-2009, 10:07 AM
So how exactly do we read CEL's on our cars? Is it anything like the old hondas where you just simply jump the harness? :dunno:

shadowz
04-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
So how exactly do we read CEL's on our cars? Is it anything like the old hondas where you just simply jump the harness? :dunno:

Scantool my friend

xviper
04-13-2009, 11:01 AM
An OBD II scanner is the best option for pulling codes. Keep in mind that the newer cars ('06 and newer) need an OBD II CAN scanner. A scanner is a safe way to do it and you can usually use the scanner to also clear the code without affecting the other parts of the ECU. The usual method of disconnecting the power or pulling the ECU fuse will reset the ECU and you begin from all the default settings again and it has to learn all the driving parameters from scratch.

The pin jumping method will work but there is always a potential for doing something bad if you touch the wrong pins. Here's a site that shows you how to do it and it also applies to an S2000.

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=CEL

Once you get the "blink codes", you will need to know what they mean:

DTC ___ Blink _______ Temporary DTC
_______Code____________________

P0131 0 - 1 --------------- Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Sensor 1)
P0132 0 - 1 --------------- Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Sensor 1)
P0107 0 - 3 --------------- Manifold Absolute Pressure Circuit Low Input
P0108 0 - 3 --------------- Manifold Absolute pressure Circuit High Input
P0335 0 - 4 --------------- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0336 0 - 4 --------------- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Range/Performance
P0117 0 - 6 --------------- Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input
P0118 0 - 6 --------------- Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input
P0122 0 - 7 --------------- Throttle Position Circuit Low Input
P0123 0 - 7 --------------- Throttle Position Circuit High Input
P0123 0 - 8 --------------- TOP DEAD CENTRE POSITION 1 (TDC1) SENSOR
P0112 1 - 0 --------------- Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input
P0113 1 - 0 --------------- Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
P0113 1 - 3 --------------- BAROMETRIC PRESSURE (BARO) SENSOR
P0113 1 - 4 --------------- IDLE AIR CONTROL (IAC) VALVE
P0113 1 - 7 --------------- VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR (VSS)
P0113 2 - 0 --------------- ELECTRICAL LOAD DETECTOR (ELD)
P0113 2 - 2 --------------- VTEC SOLENOID VALVE
P0325 2 - 3 --------------- Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit malfunction
P0135 4 - 1 --------------- Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Sensor 1)
P0171 4 - 5 P0170 ____ Fuel System Too Lean
P0172 4 - 5 P0170 ____ Fuel System Too Rich
P1367 5 - 8 --------------- TOP DEAD CENTRE POSITION 2 (TDC2) SENSOR
P041# 6 - 0 --------------- AIR PUMP
P0133 6 - 1 P0133 ____ Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor Slow Response (Sensor 1)
P0137 6 - 3 P0136 ____ Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Sensor 2)
P0138 6 - 3 P0136 ____ Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Sensor 2)
P0139 6 - 3 P0136 ____ Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor Slow Response (Sensor 2)
P0141 6 - 5 --------------- Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Sensor 2)
P0420 6 - 7 --------------- Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
P0301 7 - 1 P1399 ____ Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0302 7 - 2 P1399 ____ Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0303 7 - 3 P1399 ____ Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
P0304 7 - 4 P1399 ____ Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0411Click Here if an Aftermarket Intake was recently Installed - Courtesy of Billman250
P0412 8 - 4 --------------- Air Control Valve Circuit Low Voltage
P0443 9 - 2 --------------- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Control Solenoid Valve Circuit Malfunction
P0300 with
P030# and/or P1399 __ Random Misfire

LUDELVR
04-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by shadowz

Scantool my friend

are you suggesting that I buy something when there's a ghetto way around it? Nick, Nick, Nick...I thought you'd know me by now!! ;)

:rofl:

On a different note, thanks X! That helps out heaps! To add to that as well, upon MORE searching (so much superfluous stuff on s2ki) I was able to find the thread with modifry's info. I like the switch idea he made...mind you I hope I don't anticipate getting that many codes!! :banghead:

modifry's page (http://www.modifry.com/freebies/old/dtc/index.htm)

A couple of quick questions though. When using the emanage, is it mandatory to use a sort of bleed valve for the boost pressure going to the pressure sensor on top of the throttle body? I've been reading up on that voltage clamp thread. Someone said I don't need it but it would be a precautionary measure. Secondly, with the air pump in the front bumper area, would I just need to throw on a breather filter there or would I have to reroute it to the intake suction tube on the turbo?

Thanks lads!!

xviper
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM

On a different note, thanks X! That helps out heaps! To add to that as well, upon MORE searching (so much superfluous stuff on s2ki) I was able to find the thread with modifry's info. I like the switch idea he made...mind you I hope I don't anticipate getting that many codes!! :banghead:

modifry's page (http://www.modifry.com/freebies/old/dtc/index.htm)

A couple of quick questions though. When using the emanage, is it mandatory to use a sort of bleed valve for the boost pressure going to the pressure sensor on top of the throttle body? I've been reading up on that voltage clamp thread. Someone said I don't need it but it would be a precautionary measure. Secondly, with the air pump in the front bumper area, would I just need to throw on a breather filter there or would I have to reroute it to the intake suction tube on the turbo?

Thanks lads!!
Caution! Here is a quote from a fellow about the pins used in the Modifry page:
Per sendergreen:

Please note that the link provided in this thread (posted below) to Modifry's directions on jumping the OBDII dataport has the PINs labeled incorrectly. The PINs to jump are not PINs 1 and ?. The PINs to jump are PIN 9 (SCS wire) and PIN 4 (ground). This is not my opinion it is fact. OBDII is a standard and modifry's labelling scheme does not adhere to it. The procedure stated is correct with the exception of the PIN numbering scheme. I usually post this link for a K-series RSX http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=CEL . Yes the procedure is the same for an S2000, in fact it is exactly what Modifry instructs you to do. However the PIN's in the RSX example are labeled correctly in accordance with OBDII standard. I think it also a good visual aid. I would still try and pull a DTC with a scan-tool if you can gain access to one.

Not sure about the emanage. Does it have the ability to hide the MAP signal so that the ECU doesn't see boost?
Yes, the air pump intake needs a little filter. That's what Vortech does. They supply a small filter like the kind they used to put inside and air filter on a carbed car to catch the oil vapours from the PCV system.

LUDELVR
04-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up!! I skimmed through that but thought that modifry was the one to be trusted because it was s2k related and the other was for an rsx!! In any case, yes, I read the number 4 and 9 pins were the ones to use. I'd imagine that it's still in the same location though aye?

As far as I know the voltage clamp is what people with the emu have been doing and it simply lowers the voltage I guess that goes to the sensor. I'll look more into it.

Also, with your SC'd s2k, are you running a cat? What's your exhaust system? If you did put in a test pipe or have completely gone head back exhaust, did you get a CEL for the secondary O2 sensor? What was the fix for it, those 2 anti fouler plugs? I've read too much and too many people have been hit and miss with it, one bloke even went so far as to have the cel fix on his test pipe and 4 anti foulers and still had a CEL!!!!

Originally posted by xviper

Caution! Here is a quote from a fellow about the pins used in the Modifry page:
Per sendergreen:

Not sure about the emanage. Does it have the ability to hide the MAP signal so that the ECU doesn't see boost?
Yes, the air pump intake needs a little filter. That's what Vortech does. They supply a small filter like the kind they used to put inside and air filter on a carbed car to catch the oil vapours from the PCV system.

xviper
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Also, with your SC'd s2k, are you running a cat? What's your exhaust system? If you did put in a test pipe or have completely gone head back exhaust, did you get a CEL for the secondary O2 sensor? What was the fix for it, those 2 anti fouler plugs? I've read too much and too many people have been hit and miss with it, one bloke even went so far as to have the cel fix on his test pipe and 4 anti foulers and still had a CEL!!!!

I used to run a t. pipe with 2 non-foulers and that was fine - no CEL. However, I didn't like the smell and the black smoke, so I took it off. A friend now has my old t. pipe and non-foulers on his NA S2000. Never a CEL. The other fix for this is an electronic O2 simulator that just puts through a constant dummy signal.
The S2000s with Drive by Wire throttle has an ECU that is extra sensitive to O2 readings. It is on some of these cars that the non-foulers may or may not work.

I'm currently running a Toda header, Fujitsubo cat back, stock cat. I am planning on putting on a Berk hi-flow cat this summer.

LUDELVR
04-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey boys, another quick question. Where have you been getting your spark plugs? I'm specifically looking for the NGK 7173 P/N-R5672A-8 .
I went to Auto Value where I usually get my plugs but they don't have anything. Any ideas? These are the one step colder ones.

Cheers!

xviper
04-15-2009, 08:18 AM
http://www.sparkplugs.com/

LUDELVR
04-15-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.sparkplugs.com/

Great link but I was hoping to get them some time this week! I'm hoping to get this beast fired up by Friday if I can.

Any places in Calgary that you know of who would stock these? :dunno:

xviper
04-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Try Mopac on 16th Ave.

LUDELVR
04-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Wow, performance center/best buy doesn't carry the NGK's I want, Mopac doesn't stock NGK, Auto Value doesn't carry them!!

I may have to order those after all!!!! :nut:

Sorath
04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
u try part source leo?

shadowz
04-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Leo pm me

LUDELVR
04-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Leo pm me

You seem to always have the things I need!!;)

In any case, I think I found some but it's a bit odd. The lady gave me the correct description and part number (R5672A-8) but the stock numbers don't match up. The ones online and from what everyone on the s2ki forums are saying, I need the 7173 stock numbers. The lady I contacted who has 4 in Calgary has given me a different stock number which is something like 5354.

Are the stock numbers strictly for the stores/countries/regions? If the part numbers are the same, I should be sweet as aye? Any help would be primo!!

gpomp
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM

You seem to always have the things I need!!;)

In any case, I think I found some but it's a bit odd. The lady gave me the correct description and part number (R5672A-8) but the stock numbers don't match up. The ones online and from what everyone on the s2ki forums are saying, I need the 7173 stock numbers. The lady I contacted who has 4 in Calgary has given me a different stock number which is something like 5354.

Are the stock numbers strictly for the stores/countries/regions? If the part numbers are the same, I should be sweet as aye? Any help would be primo!! have you tried napa?

LUDELVR
04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Slowest turbo S2K EVA!!!! ;) Another turbo kit brought to you by Ghetto Hookups!! :rofl:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/434/p4190219.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p4190219.jpg)

Still A LOT of work to do until the engine actually sees boost but the turbo is in and so far running...but no boost! :( Oh well.

I still need to install the injectors, fuel pump, engine management, wastegate dump tube and I think that's all. At the mo, I'm still running the stock injectors and stock ecu but like I said, the engine is not seeing boost...I made sure of it! haha :rofl: See below photo:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2614/p4190213.th.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p4190213.jpg)

whiskas
04-21-2009, 06:50 PM
The dipsticks on these cars are... fucked

I did an oil change yesterday, put in 5.5quarts.

Today I check the cold level. I was one X down on one side. I didn't check the other side.

After a drive I did a hot check and the passenger side was at H, and on the driver side of the stick I was down 2 X's. :confused:

I'll let the car cool down tonight and do another cold check to see the discrepancy between each side when it's cold. But seriously, how the hell am I supposed to know when to top it up when there such huge variations in readings.

Also, can I assume that the level between L and H is 1 quart of oil?

LUDELVR
04-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Does anyone want to install my fuel pump? After reading all the uncomfortableness in installing this thing, I reckon I'm not as keen as I was to install this sucker!!! Ironically enough, I'm able to install everything else except this thing!! :rofl:

LUDELVR
05-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Well, fuel pump is in and I honestly thought it was going to be a lot harder than that! From what I've read and heard I was purely dreading this install. It took me about 40 minutes and not too much contorting my body! haha :rofl: Just a slight crick in the neck. I don't know how you lads get your bodies in between the top and the seats!! I guess I have too much upper body girth! haha

As for the rest, the emanage wiring is all good and done and I'll be tapping my fuel rail hopefully this week for my fuel pressure gauge and then installing my injectors. Just a quick question for any of you that have aftermarket injectors. How far up to the stock rubber rings go up on the aftermarket injectors? They slide on but there is nothing really for it to stop on. I'll post up photos in a tick here but they are too narrow to rest into the stock location (they look like they may actually fall in!). Any insight would be legendary!!!

Cheers boys.

LUDELVR
05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Here's a photo:

oops. photo was massive as!!

Wow, were these things ever dirty!!!!:barf:

Here it is again:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2062/p5040049.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p5040049.jpg)

LUDELVR
05-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Does anyone know any other site that has how to pull the blink codes from our cars? That Kseries site is not loading it up. I can't remember which pins to jump :dunno:

dimi
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
What kit is that?
Turbo?
HG?
How much boost?
Manifold?
Inj size?

Oh yea once you get it running, keep an eye on the oil relocation for leaks.

LUDELVR
05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by dimi
What kit is that?
Turbo?
HG?
How much boost?
Manifold?
Inj size?

Oh yea once you get it running, keep an eye on the oil relocation for leaks.

haha the kit is a pieced together one. No HG and the wastegate is set to 9 psi. The turbo itself to be honest I'm not exactly 100% certain. It's from turbonetics and looks to me like a 60-1 but like I said, am uncertain. Injector size is 675 and the manifold is from revhard. Everything is now in and I'm running a base map off the Greddy Emanage Ultimate and I'm hoping to get it into the tuner this weekend. I still need to make a dump tube sometime this week so just hope everything goes well.

At the mo, it's running EXTREMELY rich so I'll just take it to the tuner and hopefully get everything sussed out.

Yeah, heard about the oil relocation kits and how notorious they are for leaking so we'll keep you updated on that too!:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
05-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Anybody here every muck around with Emanage ultimate? I'm not even close to knowing how to tune this bad boy and both the guys that were going to help me tune are unavailable!! I have a base map on it, but like I said, TOO RICH!! Would probably be good enough to get me to the shop but I'd like to try and have a go at tuning this so I may familiarize myself with it.

shadowz
05-19-2009, 06:22 PM
I have a Js intake for sale if anyone is interested $900 and its yours

4doorj
05-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Wow good price:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
05-19-2009, 09:52 PM

tempting!

4doorj
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

tempting!
Just do it!:thumbsup:

JKL@STRD
05-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

Just do it!:thumbsup:

:werd:

Skyline_Addict
05-20-2009, 11:27 AM
PEER PRESSURE

shadowz
05-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by JKL@STRD

:werd:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/IMG_1831.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/IMG_1832.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/IMG_1833.jpg

JKL@STRD
05-20-2009, 12:47 PM
PEER PRESSURE

now that he posted pix u CANT say no :bigpimp:

shox
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Where's the J's Racing decal? Must be Type-J's

LUDELVR
06-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey boys, does anyone know if the fans that are mounted to our rads (both of them) the same as the fans that all other Hondas use. I am looking or each of those little harnesses or clips that run the wiring to them. If you know of have any, hit me up! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

shadowz
06-01-2009, 05:24 PM
The connectors are not the same, if youve damaged one you could use butt connectors which is ghetto, or you could order new ones from honda, but I think I know which route youre gonna go lol. If youre going to buy used connectors, buy both ends from another car and soldier it together and use those plugs

zain123
06-01-2009, 05:32 PM
hey guys i have an invidia dual exhaust
i am planning on going more for a oem ish look so if someone with a ap1 exhaust looking to trade up for invidia let me know

will ap2 fit btw?

shadowz
06-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by zain123
hey guys i have an invidia dual exhaust
i am planning on going more for a oem ish look so if someone with a ap1 exhaust looking to trade up for invidia let me know

will ap2 fit btw?

Yup Ap2 will fit with no issues

zain123
06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
sweet
so if anyone islookin to trade exhausts or buy this jus drop me a pm
thanks

LUDELVR
06-02-2009, 12:40 AM
haha, well, I am installing an all aluminum rad and reckon I'll be needing some slim fans seeing that my charge pipes are almost hitting the shrouds so I was thinking of upgrading to the slim fans but didn't want to cut my stock harnesses off. In any case, I may just do that so we'll see when they get here...unless someone has some kicking around :dunno:

The connectors are not the same, if youve damaged one you could use butt connectors which is ghetto, or you could order new ones from honda, but I think I know which route youre gonna go lol. If youre going to buy used connectors, buy both ends from another car and soldier it together and use those plugs

shadowz
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
haha, well, I am installing an all aluminum rad and reckon I'll be needing some slim fans seeing that my charge pipes are almost hitting the shrouds so I was thinking of upgrading to the slim fans but didn't want to cut my stock harnesses off. In any case, I may just do that so we'll see when they get here...unless someone has some kicking around :dunno:

Cut the harness, if you need to reinstall it onto the stock fans, then you can do so after

dimi
06-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Looking for S2000 hardtop (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266929)

dimi
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh yea, here is my car as found on Tuesday morning.

FUCK! At least the top was old and discolored :banghead: :banghead:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/dimi17/P1000709.jpg

Jeremiah
06-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Jesus, sorry to see that happen, thats ridiculous!

LUDELVR
06-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Where'd that happen at? I'll try and stay away from that place!!! :eek:

Skyline_Addict
06-06-2009, 10:11 PM
ahhhh bro....sorry to see that....

on another note.

anyone here have a J's Racing Type-V hood unpainted that they're looking to part? Considering replicas too, please PM if you do!

thanks!

shadowz
06-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I have a authentic Mugen hood in Fiberglass if youre interested

dimi
06-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Mad exhaust leak I've got going in 2 places.

Looking for a single 70mm+, or suggestions where I can get one welded up. I have a muffler that could work with 70mm piping. Used and cheap is preferable.

S2K2
06-22-2009, 06:42 PM
does any one have or know of any one with a f20c that is in good running condition

stevieo
06-22-2009, 07:05 PM
anyone wanna take me out in an S2000 sometime? :D
im getting rid of the accord and i was thinking of picking up the S2k. just wanted to see how comfy it is on short/long rides, how it feels on the road and whatever

i haven't driven RWD car since i got my license and that was like 7 yrs ago. i just dont wanna end up eating curbs, medians and light posts and what not. any tips on driving it and whatever you guys can let me know.

carzcraz
06-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I have my eyes on a Lotus at Weissach Vancouver and am therefore looking to sell my S2000.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/268993/fs-honda-s2000/

vietdood
06-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Mad exhaust leak I've got going in 2 places.

Looking for a single 70mm+, or suggestions where I can get one welded up. I have a muffler that could work with 70mm piping. Used and cheap is preferable.

something like this?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/176807/fs-s2000-js-racing-n1-exhaust/

S2K2
06-23-2009, 05:29 AM
so i recently blew my engine and am looking into getting a engine directly from spoon does any one know any one in town that might beable to arrange something like that

shadowz
06-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Speedtech Can, but IIRC spoon now only takes engine exchange or they bill you a core charge. Why not build your own 2.2?

Skyline_Addict
06-23-2009, 01:05 PM
anyone need an OEM full exhaust system with AP2 tips?

let me know.

zain123
06-23-2009, 01:18 PM
how much

S2K2
06-23-2009, 02:02 PM
i am looking for the best route to go my engine is fucked is there any one in town that rebuilds ??

shadowz
06-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Most cost effective route would be to purchase a new swap. But this all depends on what exactly is wrong with your current motor

S2K2
06-23-2009, 03:50 PM
i know i fucked up some seals and atleast one piston i have herd a couple friends telling me to put a supra engine in what are your views on that and how much u think it would cost.... i dont want to go with a jdm engine if i can avoid it i have had trouble with them in the past

zain123
06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
i could be wrong but i remember reading about couple of guys down in florida (i think?) that work outa there garage
anyways they do 2jz swaps for 10,000 US
n well dollar isnt that bad right now

S2K2
06-23-2009, 08:33 PM
fuck towing it down to florida hahah totally not worth it hahah but thatnks for the suggestion

dimi
06-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Your best/easiest/fastest way to fix your car is to get a new block. I don't know what the problem with your engine is but I will bet your block is done. Here are a list of common problems with F20Cs:

Scored Bore - usually run out of oil (AP1s eat a lot) or prolonged revving over 8000rpm for 00-01 models with old style banjo bolts.

Spun Bearing - low oil usually

Dropped Valve or Cracked retainer - usually happens on an over rev. AP1 retainers are garbage, I have yet to see a cracked AP2 retainer.

If it is only your block, try locate a F22C block. It is a much better engine than a F20C. More efficient, more power, more torque, doesn't eat any oil, and it is more reliable too. Keep your F20C ECU and you will still be able to rev to 9000. Though I do not recommend that, many people have been doing that for years with no bad effects.

Do not try rebuild your engine. You will need to sleeve the block as you can't do much with the stock FRM cylinder walls. Sleeving that block is something that I wouldn't really trust anyone in Calgary with.

I guess you could get a laskey built bottom end, but if you don't plan major modifications like turbo/SC don't bother. It is pricey too $3550 plus shipping both ways. Plus the stock bottom end is easily capable of 500whp, even on stock compression.

http://www.laskeyracing.com/shop/s2000.htm

Now the first thing you are going to do is get a compresion/leakdown test. Then you will know what's wrong. If you need further help, let us know how you blew the block and we can tell you what needs replacing

Good Luck!

S2K2
06-24-2009, 01:05 AM
all i know for sure is a cracked a piston fucked my valves and fucked my seals i acomplished this by thetiming chain snapping

S2K2
06-24-2009, 12:25 PM
i ahve jus baught a f22c motor is there anythin that i wil need to swap out for this engine??

dimi
06-25-2009, 12:49 PM
What year is the engine? If it's 06+ then you will need quite a few things from your old engine due to the drive by wire. 04-05 engines are straight bolt in. For more info post on s2ki.com or s2kca

zain123
06-26-2009, 11:22 AM
looking to trade exhausts or buy a more oem-ish looking exhaust

i have an invidia dual exhaust will post pics in a bit

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/zainarshad/11092008023-1.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/zainarshad/IMG_0369.jpg

S2K2
06-27-2009, 06:25 PM
it was an 06 i found out it was alot of work thats not really worth it i am now currently looking for an engine would u suggest the ap2 swap or should i just look for a ap1...what would be my best route because i hate not being able to drive her

dimi
06-28-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd go for an 04-05 engine. If it comes with the tranny, take it. The AP2 trannies are better. At sea level they dyno around 205-210. IF you do find this engine find an 00-01 ECU, if you don't already have it, and use that. You can rev to 8500 easily and the result is MUCH faster than any stock AP1/AP2. DO NOT use an 02-03 ECU as it is too lean for that application. If you do that, throw in the AP1 intake camshaft and you will have a much faster car, without losing an reliability.

Then I would go for an late 02-03 engine. These have a few upgrades over the 00-01. Like i previously said the new oil bolts that come with the engine will not score your cylinder walls if you like to rev around 9000 a lot. As well the new 02 ECU is leaner with more timing all around. This will give you much better acceleration down low, and better fuel economy. Dyno around 200-205.

Lastly I wouldn't get 00-01 as I have already done the upgrades that are essentially an 02-03 engine. Dyno 195-200. The fuel economy isn't great either as the ECU is overly rich. It doesn't change that much even if you beat on it. I did 9.5L/100km city without going over 3500rpm. I do about 10.5L/100km driving really aggressive.

Try to avoid 06+ as they are drive by wire and you have to use a lot of your old engine parts to make it work, generally more work involved.

Make sure whatever engine you get to get a compression and leak down test, if it doesn't come with one, ESPECIALLY ON A F20C.

If your blown engine is 02-03 let me know, I'll buy your ECU.

Skyline_Addict
06-29-2009, 04:47 PM
beyond.ca s2000 meet.

who's in?

zain123
06-29-2009, 04:49 PM
am in for sat/sun

S2K2
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
i wish guys mine is sittin in my garage
waiting for an engine i am thinking
about building one up i am just iffy on buying
a used engine i would much rather spend the money and get new any one have suggestions on were i sould get it done ??

Team_Mclaren
06-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by S2K2
get new

Honda

Skyline_Addict
07-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd go for an 04-05 engine. If it comes with the tranny, take it. The AP2 trannies are better. At sea level they dyno around 205-210. IF you do find this engine find an 00-01 ECU, if you don't already have it, and use that. You can rev to 8500 easily and the result is MUCH faster than any stock AP1/AP2.

Care to educate me a bit more about swapping the ECU? :D

Thanks

dimi
07-03-2009, 09:36 AM

Care to educate me a bit more about swapping the ECU? :D

Thanks

Search on s2ki, it's very popular.

shadowz
07-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Just so happens I have a 00 ecu available heeh

dimi
07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
and so will I in a few days :D

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=379193&st=0&#entry7453354

Skyline_Addict
07-03-2009, 07:08 PM
So, the main points I gather from s2ki.com regarding swapping to the 00 ECU are

a) 9000 rpm *might* improve acceleration in certain circumstances
b) not the safest setup as the 2.2L is setup for different stroke length
c) power in the 2.2L tends to dip after 8500 rpm anyway. 8500 is ideal in the AP2.
d) greater redline allows you to stay in higher powerband for longer, which can be good in certain circumstances.
e) low end power is compromised

Seems like alot of compromise for extremely situational benefits and having a "nicer" sounding car.

Skyline_Addict
07-06-2009, 12:04 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/s4playko/NSX%20vs%20s2000/IMG_1644.jpg

in-dash GPS....this custom made?

shadowz
07-06-2009, 07:50 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/s4playko/NSX%20vs%20s2000/IMG_1644.jpg

in-dash GPS....this custom made?

well the bezel trim is OEM, from overseas where they get factory nav, and im sure the unit is something that you can pick up from futureshop

xviper
07-06-2009, 09:17 AM
well the bezel trim is OEM, from overseas where they get factory nav
Not quite. It could be a JDM bezel and it might not be. If it's a JDM part, it has to be modified quite a bit to fit without gaps since it was made for a dash that is the mirror image of our dashes. You can't just flip it over.
There are a few custom and home made bezels around. Some guy was making them and has a mold but he never has time to make them for other people. There is a site on the internet that takes you through step by step on how make your own.

shadowz
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM

Not quite. It could be a JDM bezel and it might not be. If it's a JDM part, it has to be modified quite a bit to fit without gaps since it was made for a dash that is the mirror image of our dashes. You can't just flip it over.
There are a few custom and home made bezels around. Some guy was making them and has a mold but he never has time to make them for other people. There is a site on the internet that takes you through step by step on how make your own.

Yup I have seen some manufactures that do have the aftermarket bezels. That picture is from S4plays vehicle, I do remember his write up saying that his bezel was custom made, but I know of other people using the JDM piece and yes it did take a lot of modification to fit flush

shadowz
07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Pics from his installation

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/s4playko/My%20s2000%20pics/DSCF1474.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/s4playko/My%20s2000%20pics/DSCF1473.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/s4playko/My%20s2000%20pics/DSCN4296.jpg

VS

Go Tune using JDM bezel

http://image.importtuner.com/f/18468817+w750+st0/impp_0908_08_z+2001_honda_s2000+interior_view.jpg

xviper
07-06-2009, 09:26 AM
I've always wanted an in-dash navi. Now that I'm not working, I might try to do one just for shits and giggles. I seem to have less time now than when I was working.

Jlude
07-06-2009, 11:19 AM
The JDM ones often tilt just a little bit to the passenger side (for obvious reasons).

I thought about getting one in my s2k but at the time could never find anyone to make a custom bezel.

Skyline_Addict
07-06-2009, 12:05 PM
yeah...i'm seriously considering the navi, especially when i move over to Vancouver. something in-dash would obviously be ideal.

S2K2
07-09-2009, 01:50 PM
is there any one in town that would do the in dash navi i have a navi in mine but were it is is so stupid cant watch movies or hardly see it because or the shiftknob.....

another question

i am thinking about boosting my s2k what route should i go i was looking at the kraftwerks scharger kit any suggestions

zain123
07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
taking my exhaust off this weekend hopefully.
invidia is ready to be picked up
make me an offer

http://www.gpiperformance.com/images/Honda-S2000-Invidia_N1_Cat-back_Exhaust-HS00HS1GTP.jpg

xviper
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
i am thinking about boosting my s2k what route should i go i was looking at the kraftwerks scharger kit any suggestions [/B]
Do your homework. It can be a costly venture that can go terribly wrong or be very unrewarding if you install it badly.
The KW has been said to the be best bolt on kit for the S2000, however, it is by far, the most expensive. Comptech is still a good, safe bet if you can find a good used one. I'm not sure if new kits from Comptech are of the same quality as the original since the company is under new management and ownership. Vortech has always been the most affordable but they need to be checked after install to ensure safe running conditions. That's what I have had for several years and it has not given me any trouble to speak of. It was running a bit rich for the first few years but I took care of this last winter when I installed a high boost pulley. Now it's running at the right a/f and has added a few HP as a side benefit. Customer service on the Vortech is virtually non-existent, so you're on your own if you have problems.
SOS and SOT have just started putting out their kits. SOS is very similar to the Vortech and SOT is the only roots type blower for the S2000. Lots to choose from. What flavour do you like?
Don't reject a turbo just yet. These give very good low end grunt but the continuing costs may be alarming, even though the initial cost may be enticing.
If you want big bang on the short term, go with turbo. If you want reliability on the long term with very little affect on day to day driving, go supercharger. You may hear people say they've turboed cars that have been rock solid for years, but ask them if they've done it on an S2000 and how long it's gone without some sort of corrective tweaking or fixing something that has broken due to the low end torque increase. Lots of big talk for Civics and Datsuns (Nissan) but an S2000 ain't nothing like a Civic to boost.

S2K2
07-09-2009, 04:19 PM
its a done deal i am goiin with he kw kit cant wait to get my car back in a couple weeks it has been suittig for 2 long in this nice weather i have a carbon hood on my car and it is starting to turn yellow how do i either reverse this effect or return it to natural coloring??

xviper
07-10-2009, 12:01 AM
its a done deal i am goiin with he kw kit cant wait to get my car back in a couple weeks it has been suittig for 2 long in this nice weather i have a carbon hood on my car and it is starting to turn yellow how do i either reverse this effect or return it to natural coloring??
Sounds to me that the clear coat has become too thin or there never was a clear coat to begin with. Wet sand it really well and respray it with several clear coats.

Skyline_Addict
07-10-2009, 12:10 AM
argggh...must....get....in-dash....gps

S2K2
07-10-2009, 02:35 AM
yo i hear ya about the in dash setup i have a navi in mine already and it is so pointless were it is my car will be in the shop for the next couple weeks might get it done while i am getting work done might as well finish 3 projects in one stop

drifttube123
07-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi all,
I'm fairly new here, has anyone used the ARC induction box intake or Comptech Ice Box? I am looking to buy one or the other, any comments or suggestions would greatly help.

Thanks

xviper
07-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by drifttube123
Hi all,
I'm fairly new here, has anyone used the ARC induction box intake or Comptech Ice Box? I am looking to buy one or the other, any comments or suggestions would greatly help.

Thanks
I have not used either product but having been on S2000 forums for nearly 10 years and talked to many who have had these, my comments are as follows and you can dismiss them as you wish.
The Arc box is a nice looking system but that's about all it is. Without the proper modification, it draws its air from within the very hot environment of the engine bay. This pretty much negates all the advantages of such a mod.
The Comptech is also a nice unit but it's vastly different in that it is closed off from the engine bay and draws its air from the hole in the fender wall. This hole leads to the space just behind the fake airduct where the air has not been heated up by the engine bay. That engine bay air can be as hot as 70*C.
The Arc is a hot air intake while the Comptech is a cold air intake. If this is not important to you, then choose based on looks.

shadowz
07-10-2009, 11:17 AM

I have not used either product but having been on S2000 forums for nearly 10 years and talked to many who have had these, my comments are as follows and you can dismiss them as you wish.
The Arc box is a nice looking system but that's about all it is. Without the proper modification, it draws its air from within the very hot environment of the engine bay. This pretty much negates all the advantages of such a mod.
The Comptech is also a nice unit but it's vastly different in that it is closed off from the engine bay and draws its air from the hole in the fender wall. This hole leads to the space just behind the fake airduct where the air has not been heated up by the engine bay. That air can be as hot as 70*C.
The Arc is a hot air intake while the Comptech is a cold air intake. If this is not important to you, then choose based on looks.

That is correct, ARC box is nothing be visually appealing. I have had a friend pop a motor thanks to the ARC box, as xviper had mentioned it only draws in hot air. I have a spare J's intake if youre interested

S2K2
07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
how much u looking to fetch for that j's intake

drifttube123
07-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info!
So it sound like the comptech is all around better.

Hey Shadowz how much do you want for the J's system? Do I need to cut my hood for it it fit?

What other parts do you guys have for sale? Feel free to post!!