PDA

View Full Version : Official AP1/AP2 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Skyline_Addict
09-25-2009, 04:49 PM
drifttube, as a sidenote. the droning might seem annoying now.

but trust me, you'll get used to it. sounds like alot of work to dampen the sound.

drifttube123
09-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey Skyline Addict, the drone is not so bad for me, but it's my better half that really dislikes it.

Xviper, it sound like an easy install. I have emailed Coastal Metals about the splitter, can't wait!

I also found this product for drone: http://www.engineceramics.com/hardpart/ccinserts.htm
Its suppose to stop the drone, quiet sound a bit and apparently increase low and midrange torque and power. What do you guys think?

Skyline_Addict
09-26-2009, 11:04 PM
YO GUYS.

I am in need of some stock wheels with tires. I'm not fussy about condition of the wheels and tires, just need something to park on for the winter on a budget.

PM me with what you've got.

Thanks!

Ek9Max
09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Anybody got an extra engine harness lying around? PM if you do.

drifttube123
09-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Does anyone want a J's Heat Shield? They sell for $120 (US)at Evasive: http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=JS_HS_AP1.
I have new sitting in my garage and would like to sell it or trade it for other s2000 parts. Open to offers!!

drifttube123
09-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by drifttube123
Does anyone want a J's Heat Shield? They sell for $120 (US)at Evasive: http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=JS_HS_AP1.
I have new sitting in my garage and would like to sell it or trade it for other s2000 parts. Open to offers!!

Sale pending.

xviper
09-30-2009, 06:06 PM
If anyone is interested in a complete set of AP1 rims with snow tires .....................

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279964

dimi
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by xviper
If anyone is interested in a complete set of AP1 rims with snow tires .....................

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279964

No more winter DDing for you?

xviper
10-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by dimi

No more winter DDing for you?
Perish the thought. I've gone to 17" winter rims (Racing Harts) with 255 snow tires on the drive wheels and 215 snows on the front. The hardtop just went on. The car is ready for winter.

Skyline_Addict
10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
anyone have an unpainted cf trunk for sale? i'm not sure who besides seibon makes one, but i'll consider any make.

S2Kok
10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Anyone intrested in a K&N FIPK ? Its got about 5000 kms on it...like new......selling it for $200 picked up.

Bizzareo
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Does anyone have a copy of a shop manual for the AP1?

If anyone has a hardtop for sale a friend of mine is looking.

Also how much difficulty did you guys have installing block heaters on your s2k's?

A2VR6
10-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo

Looking for a pdf one?

http://www.freepdfmanual.com/2008/07/19/2003-honda-s2000-service-manual

Bizzareo
10-05-2009, 12:19 AM
yea that works! Thank you very much!

dimi
10-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bizzareo

If anyone has a hardtop for sale a friend of mine is looking.

Also how much difficulty did you guys have installing block heaters on your s2k's?

Pretty easy.

I wouldn't bother unless you use some garbage oil. Amsoil 5w30 starts first time, every time, just takes a bit longer to warm up than if you had a block heater. I've had it sitting overnight outside in @ -40, and it starts just fine just takes a few more cranks.

Skyline_Addict
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Anyone interested in a set of Buddyclub N+ coilovers?

A2VR6
10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by dimi

Pretty easy.

I wouldn't bother unless you use some garbage oil. Amsoil 5w30 starts first time, every time, just takes a bit longer to warm up than if you had a block heater. I've had it sitting overnight outside in @ -40, and it starts just fine just takes a few more cranks.

interesting... at about -5 degrees the past couple weeks, my car wouldnt start on the first time. It would turn over and catch but it would splutter and die right away. The second time however, the car fired right up no problem. I use Amsoil 10w30.

S2K2
10-13-2009, 09:33 PM
My car does the same starts up and idles at 2k and then droops and dies runs fine after not that big of a deal though

xviper
10-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

interesting... at about -5 degrees the past couple weeks, my car wouldnt start on the first time. It would turn over and catch but it would splutter and die right away. The second time however, the car fired right up no problem. I use Amsoil 10w30.
This is not uncommon when the seasons change like it has. It has absolutely nothing to do with your oil. It's not a big deal and if you understand why it's doing it and treat it the proper way, it will eventually learn and not do it again. I wrote a fairly extensive explanation for this phenomenon here:

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=32383&highlight=cold+start+stall

S2K2
10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Xviper you are an s2k guru haha thanks for the tips about my supercharger it works great and thanks for the tires they grip nice

xviper
10-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by S2K2
Xviper you are an s2k guru haha thanks for the tips about my supercharger it works great and thanks for the tires they grip nice
Glad to hear they work for you. I'll bet they came in handy today.

S2K2
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Haha yea they did I hit that storm in Edmonton over the weekend just shows that if you know how to drive u are able to drive a high hp vehicle even in this weather

A2VR6
10-13-2009, 11:10 PM

This is not uncommon when the seasons change like it has. It has absolutely nothing to do with your oil. It's not a big deal and if you understand why it's doing it and treat it the proper way, it will eventually learn and not do it again. I wrote a fairly extensive explanation for this phenomenon here:

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=32383&highlight=cold+start+stall

Thanks for the reply!

I wasnt too worried about it and I kinda had a inkling that the ECU would figure itself out and go away. Never knew about the fuel pump priming, will try to go through those steps next year after i bring the car out of hibernation.

Skyline_Addict
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
thanks for that info xviper.

Errol.
10-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Just what people are running for wheels and tires for winter.
Picking up an ap1 soon and need winters for it.

xviper
10-17-2009, 08:24 PM
For 9 winters, I ran stock 16" sizes for winter tires. Since the OEM SO2s actually have a wider footprint that the sizing would suggest, stock sizing in non-OEM tires seem to give you 1 size narrower. So, if you want to stay with 16" rims, go with 205/55/16 and 225/50/16 snow tires. Remember that when you need summer tires and you are not getting original SO2s, go with 205s in the front and 245/45/16 for the rear.
If you decide to go with 17" rims as I just did for this year, I just went with the sizing for the S2000 CR - 215 front and 255 rear, in the appropriate aspect ratio to keep the diameter the same to maintain speedo accuracy. In a RWD car like ours, you want a narrower tire up front as this is the end that has to be pushed through snow. The rear can stay wide since you want more tread to dig through the snow, since those are your driving tires.
The S2000 has unusually high positive offset in the rims, so rim choices must be carefully chosen. If you go to TireRack.com, you will see all the rims that will fit on this car.
If you are new to RWD for winter use, get an aggressive snow tire or you'll be sorry. Blizzak LM-25 or WS-60 and Dunlop Wintersport M3 are some decent choices.

Errol.
10-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks xviper

If im going to pick up some steelies in 16, what size and offset would i be looking at.

xviper
10-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Errol.
Thanks xviper

If im going to pick up some steelies in 16, what size and offset would i be looking at.
For as long as the S2000 has existed, I have never found a steelie that is the correct dimensions. Your best bet is to get a cheap set of alloys. My very first set of winter rims came from Contemporary. They were ADRs - 7"X16", +44mm offset ($100.00 each). I think they were designed for an Integra, but that was a long time ago. Or find a set of used OEM rims, which are 6.5" wide and +53mm front / 7.5" wide and +65mm rear.
TireRack has many rims that will fit and they are as cheap as 94 bucks.

S2K2
10-17-2009, 10:38 PM
I have a spare set of ap1 rims pm me if interested

Errol.
10-18-2009, 01:01 AM
PM'dyou S2K2

Should i be running a staggered setup for winter too?

xviper
10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Errol.
PM'dyou S2K2

Should i be running a staggered setup for winter too?
Yes, you should. At the very least, staggered tires. You can run the same width rims all around and get away with it for winter if you drive with extra caution. The problem is that our winters don't see snow and ice on the roads all the time. You will drive on them when they are dry most of the time. A non-staggered set-up will become unstable at speed.

Errol.
10-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone here selling their winter set up?!?!

S2K2
10-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Any one have a altinator for an ap1

LUDELVR
10-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Anyone have the procedure for putting in new brake fluid. I accidently hacked the hard line and all the fluid leaked out. Finally just got a new hard line in; however, it's been a while and the system is pretty much drained. How abouts should I go and installing new brake fluid? Methods? Procedures?

cheers.

xviper
10-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Anyone have the procedure for putting in new brake fluid. I accidently hacked the hard line and all the fluid leaked out. Finally just got a new hard line in; however, it's been a while and the system is pretty much drained. How abouts should I go and installing new brake fluid? Methods? Procedures?

cheers.
Not knowing the exact condition of your brake system, follow this thread:

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=15341

However, if you've had it sitting around long enough just dribbling, there is a possibility that you now have air in the ABS. You will never know this till you do the bleed and use the car. If you suspect that there may be air in the ABS, you must get on a road surface (low traction) where you can slam on the brakes and make the ABS work hard. This will drive out the air from the ABS box. Then you need to repeat the bleed procedure.

LUDELVR
10-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Cheers for that mate! Will hopefully get to that this week.

Superb write up by the way! :thumbsup:

Not knowing the exact condition of your brake system, follow this thread:

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=15341

However, if you've had it sitting around long enough just dribbling, there is a possibility that you now have air in the ABS. You will never know this till you do the bleed and use the car. If you suspect that there may be air in the ABS, you must get on a road surface (low traction) where you can slam on the brakes and make the ABS work hard. This will drive out the air from the ABS box. Then you need to repeat the bleed procedure.

S2K2
11-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Any one herd of spark plugs blowing up in the f20c block??

xviper
11-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Any one herd of spark plugs blowing up in the f20c block??
Well, they don't exactly "blow up". In the early model cars (year 2000, 2001 and some 2002), Honda used plugs that did not incorporate a stainless steel crush washer and they screwed them in with too little torque. A few cars had the number 4 plug back out and the resultant escape of combustion gases past the plug threads caused excessive heat in that area. That caused the tip to quickly disintegrate, resulting in the 4th cylinder to grenade. Honda issued a recall to replace all plugs with ones with SS crush washers and increased the torque from 13 lb/ft to 18 lb/ft.
The use of the proper sparkplugs and the proper torque eliminated this issue entirely.
It should also be noted that Bosche sparkplugs and Iridium sparkplugs do not work well in an S2000. They will eventually develop a miss. In a FI engine, these will cause a high rpm miss. Best plug for this car is the stock platinum plugs with the proper gap. Copper racing plugs also work well but don't last long.

S2K2
11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
So there was a recall because Honda sold me a old set and one of them fail I called Ngk and they told me that they were discontinued I am just trying to find who to blame because I might be out a engine

xviper
11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
So there was a recall because Honda sold me a old set and one of them fail I called Ngk and they told me that they were discontinued I am just trying to find who to blame because I might be out a engine
You have to prove 2 things:

1. All NGK and Denso OEM plugs will have an "S" at the end of the part number. This stands for "stainless steel". If the plugs you were sold do not have this, they are liable. You can have them look up the recall.
2. You put them in with 18 lb/ft of torque.

S2K2
11-04-2009, 09:10 PM
My shop will verify the torque I will check the part number in the morning but when I read the serial to ngk they said they were discontinued... Such bad luck this summer hopfully everything will work out thanks for the help xviper once again excellent advice

Respect +1

dimi
11-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Ensure your plugs are in at 18-20lb/ft. I have always torqued mine to 20lft/lb and i put in a bit of anti seize but I don't recall which kind. I check them periodically and they are always good.

This and the old oil banjo bolts are the things that usually cause catastrophic engine failure in the early AP1 models (00-01). The ECU ensures that there is no power below 6000 with little to no timing and pig rich A/F, and that the power drops like a stone after 8500. All of this is even more pronounced at this altitude.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/neeman77/DSC01148.jpg

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/preludejo/l_f3dbc28eda5e40dd89cc973a8107d40b.jpg

Maybe in a few years

LUDELVR
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Have any of you lads taken off the vtec solenoid and the other thing under it? I took mine out and now I can't seem to get the lower part back on. It's a very smooth shaft with a couple of notches on it and on the inside there's a threaded smaller shaft that seems to be spring loaded.

I can't seem to get it flushed onto the head. Is there something I need to do before I can get that sucker back on?:dunno:

xviper
11-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Have any of you lads taken off the vtec solenoid and the other thing under it? I took mine out and now I can't seem to get the lower part back on. It's a very smooth shaft with a couple of notches on it and on the inside there's a threaded smaller shaft that seems to be spring loaded.

I can't seem to get it flushed onto the head. Is there something I need to do before I can get that sucker back on?:dunno:
You just removed your timing chain tensioner. Hopefully, you didn't drop any little piece down into the front of the engine casing. That would be very bad.
The timing chain tensioner should only be removed if you plan to replace it. There are no servicable parts in there. The plunger is spring loaded and it must be retracted using the proper sized bolt in the retraction hole. You cannot squeeze it together with a vise. It doesn't work that way. Once retracted you must set the "pin" to hold it in place, then remove the retraction bolt. Slide the TCT back into the head and bolt it in. The access hatch on the front of the engine must be removed so you can reach in with some strong needle nosed pliers and yank out the pin. (The air box will have to be removed to get clear access to the hole to pull the pin.) The plunger will "fire" and set itself onto the timing chain guide arm.
Why did you remove it? This could turn out to be quite a nightmare. The best thing to do is to go get a new one. It comes pre-set with the pin already in it.
Do NOT crank the engine with no timing chain tensioner installed. You will be in a huge world of hurt.

zain123
12-31-2009, 10:48 AM
probably the worst time to sell this
but looking to sell my car by march ish
will trade for SUV (pathfinder/4runner etc.)

if you know anyone looking for a s2k, please send em this way. thanks !

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/289269/fs-2002-honda-s2000-spa-yellow/

S2K2
01-14-2010, 06:22 AM
any suggestions on a new block i am thinking about bumping it up to 14 pounds ??

Sebasshole
01-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Anyone have any ap1 seats for sale in goodshape for a fellow s2k owner!!

JKL@STRD
01-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Sebasshole
Anyone have any ap1 seats for sale in goodshape for a fellow s2k owner!!

how much are you willing to pay?? i have a set that is MINT!! took out of my car at 14,000km

JKL@STRD
01-14-2010, 11:17 AM
any suggestions on a new block i am thinking about bumping it up to 14 pounds ??

motor build?? low comp pistons??

or even a head gasket should do it

dimi
01-14-2010, 11:19 AM

What kit are you running? I thought you mentioned the KW kit, in which case you are limited to 10 psi or risk blowing the blower, as many others who have ventured over 10psi have learned.

The stock block can take 14 psi, you'd better have a damn good tuner though.

PS: What I meant is the stock head gasket can take 14 psi. A 3mm head gasket has been tested to around 33psi on Q16 race gas, so the block is not your bottleneck, the gas is however.

Sebasshole
01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
id preffer to spend under 700 for the pair or i might go with some aftermarket seats like a bride or recaro bucket.

Skyline_Addict
01-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm still looking to sell a Buddyclub N+ coilover system for AP1/AP2, used for only 5000 km. PM me for details.

S2K2
01-14-2010, 03:00 PM
well i am in need of a new block so just trying to seach my options was looking at a few built up blocks but not sure if it is worth it any one know of a good tuner in calgary that would deal with a boosted ap1 i am lookin to stay under the 7 g mark if possible

LUDELVR
01-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Has anyone ever mucked around with their TCT? If so do you still have the bolt to wind it back in to compress it? I've been trying to find it at a few places but have been coming up empty handed.:confused:

Sebasshole
01-20-2010, 06:07 PM
So last weekend i pulled my car out of the garage and let it sit on my driveway with no insurence for 2 days before i had someone cut the top open and steal a plain jvc cd player and like 16 bucks in change. So s2000 owners be aware that there are some little faggits fucking with our cars. I am in the far south. shawnessy and area. Just a heads up to any of you who are leaving your car outside over winter. iv seen a couple around.

Now i am looking for a soft top lol. more then likely i will be upgrading to the glass rear window. so if anyone has one from a hardtop conversion or just know where i can find one please let me know.

Sebasshole
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
And another question. if i buy a soft top with the rails and everything will it drop right in. i know i can buy the material with glass window for 700 but it also needs a install and im not good with stuff like that. so i want to do this for the cheapest price possible.

xviper
01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Sebasshole
And another question. if i buy a soft top with the rails and everything will it drop right in. i know i can buy the material with glass window for 700 but it also needs a install and im not good with stuff like that. so i want to do this for the cheapest price possible.
No, it won't be any simpler. Replacing an S2000 soft top is a complicated procedure requiring drilling out old rivets and putting in new ones. It is not a "drop in", whether you do just the soft material or if you have the complete top. Actually, replacing the whole top will be an even bigger job as more stuff has to be exposed and detached.

Sebasshole
01-20-2010, 07:05 PM
anyone know a place in calgary that will install the new soft top if i buy the material and bring them my old top off the car.?

Skyline_Addict
01-22-2010, 02:54 AM
what do you guys think of this? i'm really tempted to jump on it.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=758786

mugen style FRP hardtop.

was quoted 1234 USD shipped...

comes with all hardware and rear window (plexi-glass).

hmmm...

shadowz
01-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
what do you guys think of this? i'm really tempted to jump on it.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=758786

mugen style FRP hardtop.

was quoted 1234 USD shipped...

comes with all hardware and rear window (plexi-glass).

hmmm...

You're better talking to Jackie about getting the VIS version

Skyline_Addict
02-05-2010, 01:49 AM
was bored and ended up on this site, checking out the differences between AP1 and AP2...nice read.

http://www.hondanews.com/search/release/2299?q=S2000&s=honda

BigShow
02-11-2010, 10:38 AM
What are the required modifications to register a US AP2 in CAN?

snow_daniel
02-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BigShow
Day time running Light? and Pass OOP

BigShow
02-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by snow_daniel

Day time running Light? and Pass OOP

I figured there was more to it than running lights...hmm I know the miles to km is just the push of a button...

snow_daniel
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM

I figured there was more to it than running lights...hmm I know the miles to km is just the push of a button...
If the car is stock, I think what you need to Pass OOP will be DRL only...and good tires, brake else.
OOP is not easy to Pass:cry:

xviper
02-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Late model US S2000s come with DRLs, so they need nothing. An inspection is not a "modification". The rest is all paperwork. Go to RIV.ca to find out the list of cars and years and what's needed.

LUDELVR
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Is anyone else on here running AEM EMS? I've been trying to download the software from their website but it keeps rebooting my computer! I bought the 1052 without any software and I'm trying to get it connected but can't get the software onto my laptop! Seeing if i could borrow the disc if anyone has it.

Anyone?:dunno:

if6was9
02-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Sadly I do not own a s2000 - but I would like to own a certain part(s) of one, for my current ride.

I have been looking for the black style lug/lock nuts that come with your OEM wheels, as I would like to us these on my current set-up with my civic.

Any leads would be GREAT!!!

Thanks.

drifttube123
02-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Started the S yesterday, rolled it out of the garage, rev'd it bit and drove it back in. Can't wait until summer!!!

LUDELVR
02-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by drifttube123
Started the S yesterday, rolled it out of the garage, rev'd it bit and drove it back in. Can't wait until summer!!!

haha, I've been driving mine for the past week now. Had to change out the turbo and wait for a nice day to actually do it! Too bloody cold to get my hands under the bonnet!

LUDELVR
03-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Has anyone installed an aftermarket steering wheel on his S?

I'm just wondering about this aftermarkent hub and the stock reel. Does the stock reel stay on? I've been doing some searching and on some vehicles they are taking them out entirely but on this sight :

http://www.s2000.org/mods/hub/

it looks like it is staying on.

Ultimately, I will be putting on an aftermarket wheel, would like to keep the function where the turning indicators shut off after you turn the opposite direction, keep cruise control (I may either try and use the stock buttons or wire it to my volume control on the side), get the SRS light off as well as keep the horn.

Any insight into this install would be awesome.

I also came across this and not too sure if it pertains to our cars, but he had to do quite a bit of work to get it working properly:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2689596

LUDELVR
03-02-2010, 11:43 PM
What the hell is all that shit under the driver's seat? Trying to search for it but to no avail. It's a module with about 2 or 3 relays. Anyone?:dunno:

*EDIT

Nevermind, figured it out when I took them out and tried to lock my door with the remote! :banghead:

BigShow
03-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Anyone have satellite radio? where did you mount the antenna? the factory xm unit is supposed to be drilled through the trunk, any better ideas?

methodicreign
03-06-2010, 12:25 PM
I ran mine throught the spare tire hole and into the truck, up the back edge and magneted right behind the soft top. I guess it depends on what style antenna you have and where you want to mount it.

whiskas
03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Have any of you switched from winters to summers yet?

Skyline_Addict
03-15-2010, 11:24 AM
waiting another month or so to do that...but i don't have a choice, as i have no suspension right now hehe.

dj_honda
03-15-2010, 09:11 PM
a headsup......was at t&t today and they have s2000 tanabe swaybars on sale. 250 each for front/rear on clearance. it says regular price was 400.

S2K2
03-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks giving them a call tommrrow

A2VR6
03-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Anyone have satellite radio? where did you mount the antenna? the factory xm unit is supposed to be drilled through the trunk, any better ideas?

I mount mine on the edge of the dashboard right up against the window inside the car... works fine!

S2K2
03-17-2010, 06:57 AM
I have found my self lost in a sea of rims any suggestions??
I am only looking to spend around 800 on the rims before tires

A2VR6
03-17-2010, 11:08 AM

If you dont mind spending a couple hundred more than that i'd take a look at the Enkei RP-F1's.

dimi
03-18-2010, 08:40 AM

If you like RPF-1s and want 8's in the front, let me know.

I want non-staggered 9's all around on 255s :D

LUDELVR
03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
What's a good shift knob for our cars? Any photos or preferences? I'm debating about getting one.

Cheers lads.

shadowz
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I like anything that is weighted, I used a lightweight spoon knob and found it very difficult to use

LUDELVR
03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
I like anything that is weighted, I used a lightweight spoon knob and found it very difficult to use

What's in your car right now? Any photos?

shadowz
03-18-2010, 02:17 PM
I have this version but in titanium which isnt made anymore

http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/image.php?type=D&id=87

xviper
03-18-2010, 02:23 PM
You can still get a Ti Voodoo Magnum from here:
http://www.ricks2k.com/products/shiftknob.php
It ain't cheap but if you want heavy, you pay for it. I've got one and it's great. It helps to absorb the added harmonic vibrations created by bolting a supercharger to the front of the engine.
There was also a guy who was going to make ultra heavy S2000 shift knobs. He claimed each one weighed 1 KG. I don't think he got enough interest so he never went ahead with it.

LUDELVR
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
You can still get a Ti Voodoo Magnum from here:
http://www.ricks2k.com/products/shiftknob.php
It ain't cheap but if you want heavy, you pay for it. I've got one and it's great. It helps to absorb the added harmonic vibrations created by bolting a supercharger to the front of the engine.
There was also a guy who was going to make ultra heavy S2000 shift knobs. He claimed each one weighed 1 KG. I don't think he got enough interest so he never went ahead with it.

Haha, that's funny because I was just looking at what looks to be that exact same one; however, it doesn't say anything about being weighted. I've never felt a weighted one so we'll see.

Any chance of you getting a new one and selling me that one? :devil:

xviper
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Haha, that's funny because I was just looking at what looks to be that exact same one; however, it doesn't say anything about being weighted. I've never felt a weighted one so we'll see.

Any chance of you getting a new one and selling me that one? :devil:
Ti shift knobs aren't usually weighted. They weigh what they weigh naturally. The Voodoo knobs through Rick's are solid Ti. There's no space inside to put anything else into it to make it weigh more. The guy who was thinking of making the really heavy knobs was going to load a hollow ball full of lead. That almost doubles the weight of solid Ti.
The answer to your question would be ............................. no. :nut:
My S is too old to be putting new stuff on it - only repairs if it needs it.

shadowz
03-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Leo STRD might have some deadstock of the old T1R weighted knob, give em a call

LUDELVR
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM

Will do...or unless you want a new one and you want to get rid of your own! ;) You know how I always take your trash! :devil: :rofl:

S2K2
03-18-2010, 09:12 PM
I would also take xvipers trash haha like the rims he sold me soils deal thanks again

4doorj
03-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Word!
I didn't believe shadowz about how big of difference a shift knob would make. But I tried it out and night and day difference in shifting. I definitely recommend it too

S2K2
03-19-2010, 02:38 AM
I was thinking about it any suggestions And what's average cost for a decent one??
Picked up a new front bumper today thanks to the guys at speedtech a great deal all around

S2Kok
04-01-2010, 07:14 PM
LUDELVR - do you still need that AEM disc? I think mine is kickin around here somewhere, but i have aem 1052u, i dont think it would make a difference tho.

Anyone looking to buy a Mase Eng. turbo s2000? :love:

I also need someone fluent with turbos to help me out - Im too impatient to work on my own car and I need my DP moved a bit cuz its rattling off my manifold. Anyone want to help me out here?
PM me if you can or know someone who's up for it.

LUDELVR
04-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by S2Kok
LUDELVR - do you still need that AEM disc? I think mine is kickin around here somewhere, but i have aem 1052u, i dont think it would make a difference tho.

Anyone looking to buy a Mase Eng. turbo s2000? :love:

I also need someone fluent with turbos to help me out - Im too impatient to work on my own car and I need my DP moved a bit cuz its rattling off my manifold. Anyone want to help me out here?
PM me if you can or know someone who's up for it.

Hey mate,

yeah, I'd be keen to have a look at that disc. I need to go take my car in to Toma sooner than later but I"m currently in Whistler and am coming back on Tuesday.

I'd also be keen to have a look at your turbo kit. Would love to see the Mase kit up close and personal. PM me your number and I'll meet up with you when I get back!

shutterbug_art8
04-04-2010, 11:14 AM
You guys carry your young ones in the S?

What does the law state? I called CPS and the lady don't know.
Early AP1 with no airbag off switch, with a 5 yr old toddler. Is this legal? How about with a hardtop?

xviper
04-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug_art8
You guys carry your young ones in the S?

What does the law state? I called CPS and the lady don't know.
Early AP1 with no airbag off switch, with a 5 yr old toddler. Is this legal? How about with a hardtop?
I don't believe there is a hard and fast written law about such things. This becomes an issue to do with common sense and if you have small children and don't have any common sense, maybe you shouldn't have children. They look up to you for their safety and well being, the responsibility for which isn't always written in a law. Don't carry your small child just because other people say they do that with theirs. A hardtop has no bearing on whether or not you should carry a small child in an S2000.
The law does state that all passengers riding in a legal road worthy motor vehicle with 4 or more wheels (some exceptions apply like buses) must use approved seat belts. The passenger must be above a certain age and size, below which, a suitable booster seat or approved car infant carrier must be used with the required tethering. I believe CSA dictates those standards.
It is recommended that you do NOT place such infant carriers in the front seat where there is no airbag deactivation switch or device. Small children should only be placed in the front seat if they can be restrained at a safe distance away from the airbag should it deploy. I do believe it is written somewhere stipulating this distance. It applies to small children and small adults. Can't tell you where it's written. Might want to look at the Alberta highway traffic act. Also try to contact the Calgary Safety Council as they should know the standards for infant carriers and booster seats.
Before the S2000 came from the factory with stock airbag switch for the passenger side, any owner of an S2000 could apply to the government to have a Honda OEM airbag defeat switch system installed. This cost approx. $500.00 and required the interior of the car to be almost completely dismantled.

LUDELVR
04-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey lads, need your opinions.

I just picked up as set of aj's racing carbon side diffusers and was just putting them up to the side of the car to see how to mount them and I had it slightly angled (no flushed with the back side of the car) and I started to wonder how it would look.

Unfortunately, I'm installing these on my own so I can't really have a look from a distance so I'm wondering what you guys reckon would look better for the diffusers, completely flushed with the underside of the car or slightly angled out at the back.

I don't have pics, but for anyone that has seen these diffusers, they are simply flat and symmetrical.

Any input would be appreciated before I install these things.

cheers.

LUDELVR
04-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey boys,

got a couple of things for sale specifically for our cars if any of yous is interested :thumbsup:

ETD (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/300064/fs-engine-torque-damper-for-ap1-s2000/)

Shift boot (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/300065/fs-honda-s2000-ap1-shift-boot-black-with-leather-stiching/)

Let me know if anyone's keen.