PDA

View Full Version : Official AP1/AP2 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Jlude
06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

:drool: CR

that colour is amazing

Thank you

rc2002
06-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Luv2Boost
thats about exactly my size minus maybe 5 lb hah. how is the headroom with the top up.. i owned a type R once and if i put a ballcap on that little button on the top would rub on the roof hah

I just reread the part about the Integra. I've owned two 2001 Integras, one with sunroof and one without. Both had more headroom than my S2K if that helps.

max_boost
06-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Jlude: Was that you parked in Riverbend yesterday? I saw a blue S2K with the wing. I was going to come out and say hi but I had to finish up some work inside. Then you were gone when I came back out a few minutes later. That color is amazing. :drool:

xviper: It's great to have the S2K legend back here on Beyond. :thumbsup:

Jlude
06-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Jlude, was that you parked in Riverbend yesterday? I saw a blue S2K with the wing. I was going to come out and say hi but I had to finish up some work inside. Then you were gone when I came back out a few minutes later. That color is amazing.

That was me... I was gonna stop in for lunch but had to run again...

dimi
06-25-2008, 03:58 PM
I am pretty long legged but I still have some room. My dimensions are close to yours. Like others have suggested sit in one! Hell, you could sit in mine, I'll take you for a ride too.

teg_boya
06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Jlude are you in the foothills industrial area during 9-4ish? I was driving around and saw a minty blue CR parked outside a machinist shop...

4doorj
06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
any s2000's coming out to the beyond meet today?
there should be at least 3 of us go ing that i know of

Jlude
06-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by teg_boya
Jlude are you in the foothills industrial area during 9-4ish? I was driving around and saw a minty blue CR parked outside a machinist shop...

Yes I am... It's a structural steel shop.

Originally posted by 4doorj
any s2000's coming out to the beyond meet today?
there should be at least 3 of us go ing that i know of

noob question but, what time is it? I'll roll by for a few minutes.

max_boost
06-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Starts around 7pm. It's in the upper parkade at the back side of Chinook Mall. I might come by for a few minutes if I can finish work early.

Jlude
06-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll try to be there for around 7...maybe a little later...

dimi
06-25-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm going fishing and taking my S2000, but I'll come around the next time to introduce myself. Have fun guys

xviper
06-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
xviper: It's great to have the S2K legend back here on Beyond. :thumbsup: Thanks, S. I mostly lurk and get entertained by some of the goofy things some people post about S2000s. Once in a while, a truly genuine question comes up where somebody doesn't post up a load of B.S., I try to steer the question asker in the right direction. I've long since stopped trying to correct mis-information here. Not worth it. It's fun to see months down the road (some take years) how some learn from their own wrong beliefs.

alpha
06-25-2008, 10:43 PM
hey xviper, where do you get your mobil1 diff oil from?

xviper
06-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by alpha
hey xviper, where do you get your mobil1 diff oil from?
I can't find it easily anymore. The place I used to get it from stopped carrying it. I've since gone to a 75W140 GL-5 Quaker State. I resist using a straight SAE 90 wt. oil due to our extreme winter temps.

alpha
06-27-2008, 07:07 AM
how do you feel about the motul diff oil?

Skyline_Addict
07-06-2008, 12:09 AM
on the subject of vancouver based s2000, is there a forum with an active market place for such cars? i need to start shopping now!

analbumcover
07-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
on the subject of vancouver based s2000, is there a forum with an active market place for such cars? i need to start shopping now!

i dont know about a forum

but try the Auto Trader, BuySell, Kijiji and Craigslist

Team_Mclaren
07-06-2008, 12:29 AM

revscene.net

why would you look for a van s2000 tho? whats special about them?

Skyline_Addict
07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
well it's close to seattle and i hear alot of the s2000s make their way their from the US...if those go on the market in vancouver, i could save myself the trip. right now, checking the prices in seattle, doesn't seem to be much difference unleses i'm missing something.

thanks btw!

gpomp
07-06-2008, 12:54 AM
i've seen a few s2k's on beyond for under $20k. you can't really get much cheaper than that...

4doorj
07-06-2008, 06:21 AM
yeah prices of s2000's have definitely gone down in calgary compared to last year

xviper
07-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by alpha
how do you feel about the motul diff oil?
Didn't see this post till now. :dunno:

I used to use Motul in my motorcycles, but the accessability to this brand compelled me to go with something I could find just down the street from me. Motul is a very good product and if you want the best protection there is, then you certainly can't go wrong. However, I don't track my car and even though it's supercharged, I don't feel Motul is necessary for me since I change my diff fluid annually, even if I don't rack up the mileage required for this change. I keep very close tabs on the fluid appearance and how the magnet looks at each change. And the occasional lab analysis has shown that Mobil 1 and the like are protecting my diff as good as any fluid can. For me, there's no need to drive for miles and pay the extra money for a top tier brand.
Fluid maintenance is key to drivetrain health, especially on this car. If you track the car or beat on it, frequent changes may be better than changing it as per the "schedule" with expensive/exotic fluids.

78si
07-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Which supercharger kit are you running?

Originally posted by xviper

Didn't see this post till now. :dunno:

I used to use Motul in my motorcycles, but the accessability to this brand compelled me to go with something I could find just down the street from me. Motul is a very good product and if you want the best protection there is, then you certainly can't go wrong. However, I don't track my car and even though it's supercharged, I don't feel Motul is necessary for me since I change my diff fluid annually, even if I don't rack up the mileage required for this change. I keep very close tabs on the fluid appearance and how the magnet looks at each change. And the occasional lab analysis has shown that Mobil 1 and the like are protecting my diff as good as any fluid can. For me, there's no need to drive for miles and pay the extra money for a top tier brand.
Fluid maintenance is key to drivetrain health, especially on this car. If you track the car or beat on it, frequent changes may be better than changing it as per the "schedule" with expensive/exotic fluids.

xviper
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 78si
Which supercharger kit are you running?

Vortech. I've had it on for almost 5 years. Daily driver, 4 seasons. High boost pulley on the way.

Jlude
07-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Who's coming out to the next beyond meet?

It would be nice to see a good S2K turnout.

Skyline_Addict
08-17-2008, 12:06 AM
bump! lawl.

anyone have experience with hardtops (OEM, and aftermarket)?
i'm planning on getting a hard top for mine, the spoon one in particular...is the build quality good? install easy?

http://a778.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_14386577e6acd145de592623035ace99.jpg

analbumcover
08-17-2008, 12:12 AM
i would get the mugen or oem over the spoon

but thats just my opinion

snow_daniel
08-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I personally got the Spoon one...if you want a comfort ride get the Mugen or OEM...Spoon hardtop make so much nosie when you are driving

Skyline_Addict
08-17-2008, 12:16 AM
oh ya? just alot of wind noise? how was the install for u snow_daniel?

snow_daniel
08-17-2008, 12:19 AM
oh ya? just alot of wind noise? how was the install for u snow_daniel?
You need to unbolt 7 bolt to remove the top (maybe more depend how you install it and you might need to drill hole inside your car) also it leak water ...it can be fix I guess but this is how they design it...

Skyline_Addict
08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
hmmm i see...it looks so sexy though lol

is ur s2000 black btw? i've seen it before and it looks great.

snow_daniel
08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Yup, thats my car : )
Thanks

88CRX
08-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by snow_daniel
Yup, thats my car : )
Thanks

Your car is crazy intense!!!!

Seen it downtown a couple times :drool: :drool:

Jlude
08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
bump! lawl.

i'm planning on getting a hard top for mine, the spoon one in particular...is the build quality good? install easy?

http://a778.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_14386577e6acd145de592623035ace99.jpg

The mugen Htop has a very unique look. It had to grow on me, hated it at first.

I can't imagine the blindspots on that mugen top... the oem isn't too bad...

Skyline_Addict
08-17-2008, 03:39 PM
^^ you mean the spoon hardtop right?

the side profile shot of it is amazing...lightly resembles a porsche...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/smltwnzer0/blownupclear4aaa.jpg

do the hard tops have that smaller window option, as circled above? in alot of the pictures i've seen, there was no such window.

kobe tai
08-17-2008, 04:45 PM
If I remember originally the pic above was a photoshoped one that someone on H-T made. There was a huge thread on it.

95EagleAWD
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Was bored today. So I tossed this in.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/filter1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/filter2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/filter4.jpg

Nice and noisy. :D

Jlude
08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
^^ you mean the spoon hardtop right?

the side profile shot of it is amazing...lightly resembles a porsche...

do the hard tops have that smaller window option, as circled above? in alot of the pictures i've seen, there was no such window.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/JME1984/IMG_0030.jpg

Mine doesn't have the window... I'll try and find a pic to show you.

Skyline_Addict
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/JME1984/IMG_0030.jpg

Mine doesn't have the window... I'll try and find a pic to show you.

oh ya i know it doesn't for the CR...was talking specifically about the spoon hardtop.

Jlude
08-17-2008, 09:23 PM
ahh I see.

Can't help ya there.

snow_daniel
08-18-2008, 12:58 AM

I think the Hardtop on the S2000 in your picture is call BULLETPROOF REMIX...don't know too much about this...maybe other people can help :)

Originally posted by Jlude

I can't imagine the blindspots on that mugen top... the oem isn't too bad...

There is no opinion for the Spoon hardtop...so the blindspots is really bad in a Spoon top (maybe Mugen...don't know)

Originally posted by 88CRX

Your car is crazy intense!!!!

Seen it downtown a couple times :drool: :drool:

4doorj
08-18-2008, 01:03 AM

I think the Hardtop on the S2000 in your picture is call BULLETPROOF REMIX...don't know too much about this...maybe other people can help :)

There is no opinion for the Spoon hardtop...so the blindspots is really bad in a Spoon top (maybe Mugen...don't know)
yeah that is a photoshop... and yes bulletproof did make a remix of that hardtop to have a similar window
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/catalog-detail.php?ID=6374

snow_daniel
08-18-2008, 01:05 AM

yeah that is a photoshop... and yes bulletproof did make a remix of that hardtop to have a similar window
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/catalog-detail.php?ID=6374

Thanks J :thumbsup:
When are you getting another S2000?

alpha
08-18-2008, 06:59 AM
i wonder if bulletproof has considered doing that for the mugen hard top?

4doorj
08-18-2008, 07:51 AM

Thanks J :thumbsup:
When are you getting another S2000?
right now im not to sure....
just heard about in the automotive section they might have a s2000 successor
if this is true.. i may have to wait
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2554742#post2554742

Eleanor
08-18-2008, 10:06 AM
bump! lawl.

What kind of kit do you have on your car?

You can only pull off the spoon HT if you've already got a fairly wild looking s2k. If you're asthetically stock, go mugen/OEM, IMO.

Impreza
08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
^To pull off the Spoon hardtop, you almost certainly need rear overfenders, or some type of body widening mod... IMO

4doorj
08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

What kind of kit do you have on your car?

You can only pull off the spoon HT if you've already got a fairly wild looking s2k. If you're asthetically stock, go mugen/OEM, IMO.
:werd:

xviper
08-18-2008, 10:39 AM

I believe this is just the Mooncraft top and Bulletproof has simply done a mod on it to put in side windows. When this top first came out, people were going ga-ga over it, but when push come to shove, only a very few actually bought it. It's not a look that everyone finds pleasing to the eye.
As for the Mugen top, it's similar to the OEM top except it has a flying buttress, which increases the blind spot. It comes in either carbon or fiberglass. Both are unfinished on the interior. The rear window is plastic and becomes opague easily. Mounting hardware for the Mugen is the same as for the OEM. The Mooncraft is different as it has to accommodate access to the trunk.

snow_daniel
08-18-2008, 10:47 AM

I believe this is just the Mooncraft top and Bulletproof has simply done a mod on it to put in side windows. When this top first came out, people were going ga-ga over it, but when push come to shove, only a very few actually bought it. It's not a look that everyone finds pleasing to the eye.
As for the Mugen top, it's similar to the OEM top except it has a flying buttress, which increases the blind spot. It comes in either carbon or fiberglass. Both are unfinished on the interior. The rear window is plastic and becomes opague easily. Mounting hardware for the Mugen is the same as for the OEM. The Mooncraft is different as it has to accommodate access to the trunk.

You remind me...Spoon Mooncraft top will cover the trunk...you need to took the back piece off to use your trunk, it is easy to took the back piece off with two pin but...take it off....put the stuff in...put it back on...arrive home...take it off again, take the stuff out and put it back on....I rather don't use it....

xviper
08-18-2008, 11:06 AM

You remind me...Spoon Mooncraft top will cover the trunk...you need to took the back piece off to use your trunk, it is easy to took the back piece off with two pin but...take it off....put the stuff in...put it back on...arrive home...take it off again, take the stuff out and put it back on....I rather don't use it....
I always thought that the Mooncraft rear piece was hinged and you could just flip it up, prop it and open the trunk like normal. No? At least that's what I saw done on a race S2000.

realazy
08-18-2008, 11:55 AM

I always thought that the Mooncraft rear piece was hinged and you could just flip it up, prop it and open the trunk like normal. No? At least that's what I saw done on a race S2000.

Not that I've seen, it's really a bitch to use the trunk with the Spoon hardtop. I've helped Daniel with his, he has the Spoon GT wing as well, and it's really a pain in the ass just to use the trunk. I would say it's a two person job to just use the trunk, unless you want to place the top on the ground and look retarded in the parking lot.

As for the noise part, I can back up Daniel on his claim as I've driven and ridden in his car. It's dry carbon so it's really light and good for the track. But it creaks over every bump because of the chasis flex I think. The inside also doesnt come with head liner, so you'll have to do a custom job if you want that. Also, it's really noisy from the wind and overall doesnt make a comfortable ride. If you're into the whole race car feel then I would recommend it, but if you're looking for a comfortable daily driver I would suggest sticking with OEM. For comfort OEM > *.

dimi
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Cheapest I have gotten on the HTs so far is this:

$2850 USD OEM w/ mounting kit Hardtopguy.com

$2600 USD Seibon CF w/o mounting kit

I'm leaning towards the Seibon. Some will say that it is not the same quality and 2x2 weave and a rip off of the Mugen, but I don't have $6000+ to spend.

I am also thinking of shipping to the border, installing it during the day and coming back through once its installed to avoid more shipping, taxes, and customs BS. Does this sound plausible?

If anyone can find something cheaper on a HT please PM me!

xviper
08-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by dimi
Cheapest I have gotten on the HTs so far is this:

$2850 USD OEM w/ mounting kit Hardtopguy.com

$2600 USD Seibon CF w/o mounting kit

I'm leaning towards the Seibon. Some will say that it is not the same quality and 2x2 weave and a rip off of the Mugen, but I don't have $6000+ to spend.

I am also thinking of shipping to the border, installing it during the day and coming back through once its installed to avoid more shipping, taxes, and customs BS. Does this sound plausible?

If anyone can find something cheaper on a HT please PM me!
The mounting hardware can cost upwards of $1000.00, depending on how much of it you want and need. As for crossing the border, depends on how finicky or sharp the border guy is. They're not dummies when it comes to Cannucks going south and coming back with bolt ons.

snow_daniel
08-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by realazy

Not that I've seen, it's really a bitch to use the trunk with the Spoon hardtop. I've helped Daniel with his, he has the Spoon GT wing as well, and it's really a pain in the ass just to use the trunk. I would say it's a two person job to just use the trunk, unless you want to place the top on the ground and look retarded in the parking lot.

As for the noise part, I can back up Daniel on his claim as I've driven and ridden in his car. It's dry carbon so it's really light and good for the track. But it creaks over every bump because of the chasis flex I think. The inside also doesnt come with head liner, so you'll have to do a custom job if you want that. Also, it's really noisy from the wind and overall doesnt make a comfortable ride. If you're into the whole race car feel then I would recommend it, but if you're looking for a comfortable daily driver I would suggest sticking with OEM. For comfort OEM > *.
Haha, thanks and you do feel my pain with the Spoon top :D
But I love how is that look so I am keeping it

Skyline_Addict
08-18-2008, 04:45 PM

The mounting hardware can cost upwards of $1000.00, depending on how much of it you want and need. As for crossing the border, depends on how finicky or sharp the border guy is. They're not dummies when it comes to Cannucks going south and coming back with bolt ons.

crap. so, to install one, not including the cost of the hardtop itself, you're looking at $1000.00 + labour (if professionally installed) + paint (if required)?

4doorj
08-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Its more expensive when u have a 00-01 I believe because the hardtop kit requires more parts. I believe there's two different hardtop kits

snow_daniel
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
I wonder...can I put a 00-01 softtop with flame into a 03 AP1...since I got the softtop for free

dimi
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Well as far as the hardware is concerned it is $599+ship from hardtop guy. The seibon kit is much more due to the weather strips and such but I can do those myself.

As far as crossing the border, how would they know I didn't have a hardtop prior to my leave? I guess they would have to look at the footage of me leaving Canada, but what are the chances of that happening. Of course I won't be carrying the receipts with me.

And another thing. How hard is the install? I have looked at DYI and it doesn't seem like such a difficult install. Maybe putting the top on will be the hardest part.

Thanks!

xviper
08-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by dimi

Well as far as the hardware is concerned it is $599+ship from hardtop guy. The seibon kit is much more due to the weather strips and such but I can do those myself.

As far as crossing the border, how would they know I didn't have a hardtop prior to my leave? I guess they would have to look at the footage of me leaving Canada, but what are the chances of that happening. Of course I won't be carrying the receipts with me.

And another thing. How hard is the install? I have looked at DYI and it doesn't seem like such a difficult install. Maybe putting the top on will be the hardest part.

Thanks!
Well, 600 bucks + shipping, convert to Canadian dollars, add in brokerage and duty if Canada customs decides it's worth it to them, put in GST. I said "upwards" of 1000 bucks. Are we there yet? ;)

As far as crossing the border, people have been for decades talking about "how would they know" and "what ifs" and "lots of guys have done it". It's your game. You play it whatever way you want.

Installing an OEM HT takes about 2 to 3 hours. Putting the top on is the easy part. It just takes 2 people. Pounding the crap out of those 2 pieces of your car takes a little getting used to and doing the final alignment can be harrowing. On the other hand, some guys don't bother with the alignment, so they say it's real easy. They're the same ones that come back and post about how the damned thing rattles and shakes and has a wind whistling noise on one side. Things aren't always as they "seem" but heck, maybe you'll luck out and do it perfectly the first time and only take an hour. :dunno:

Skyline_Addict
08-20-2008, 01:53 AM
what types of suspension setups do you guys have. as noted, the s2000 stock suspension is setup in a way which makes the s2000 what it is. what did you guys use to lower the car, without compromising the way the car handles or straight out improving the handling altogether?

gpomp
08-20-2008, 08:30 AM
nothing. i love male genitals. anal sex > vagina.

95EagleAWD
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I'm looking for suspension ideas as well...

redline
08-20-2008, 10:36 AM
I would look at KW coilovers, I have been very impressed with the quality and ride with them in my M3.

shadowz
08-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Yup for sure KW V3 or the new HKS Hipermax 3 sport, im looking to get myself a set

BigShow
08-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Can someone tell me why there are kits for 00-03, 04, 05 but nothing for 06 onwards? Whats the difference between an 05 and 07?

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=120&cat_key=15

shadowz
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Here you go hope this helps

1. DBW (drive by wire) No throttle cable between the pedal to the throttle body. It's all electronic. this has allowed for several other changes. The cruise control actuator, control unit, Idle air control motor have all been eliminated.

2. Returnless fuel system. There is no longer a regulator on the fuel rail, it is built into the fuel pump module in the tank. The injectors, fuel rail, fuel feed lines have all changed.

3. No air injection system. There is no longer an air pump mounted under the drivers headlight. The rest of the system has been removed, including the control valve on the intake manifold.
The cylinder head doesn't have injection ports machined. The cylinder head will not swap on the 00-05 cars. (with a stock PCM)

4. New intake manifold casting. There are no additional vacuum ports on the manifold. The intake air temp sensor has been relocated to the air inlet tube.

5. SRS system. Several new components, front impact sensors have been added, as well as a passengers seat weight sensor. The Passenger airbag now is shut off when someone under a safe weight is in the seat.There is also a driver seat position sensor, which changes bag deployment forcebased on seat position. The passengers bag shut off indicator is above the radio door.

00-05 passenger seats will not function with the system. The weight sensor is built into the seat rails.

6. The hemholtz resonator on the exhaust system has changed shape/dimension. they are no oval, instead of being round.

7. ECM logic/SSD mode. The ECM/PCM performs several functions after the key is turned off and removed. You must wait at least 15minutes after the key is turned off before unplugging the PCM. If you unplug the PCM while it's performing the SSD (self shut down) tests you can permanently damage the PCM

8. Maintenance minder system. The previous Maintenance Req'd light has been replaced with a new system. Oil life is calculated based on RPM's and operation conditions to determine oil change intervals.

9. Air filter mounting stud has changed, the air filter from a 00-05 will not fit properly in the 06 airbox.

dimi
08-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by BigShow
Can someone tell me why there are kits for 00-03, 04, 05 but nothing for 06 onwards? Whats the difference between an 05 and 07?

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=120&cat_key=15

Oh and don't buy from there eh. Some US dealers will let go the aftercooled setups for close to 4 grand.

Eleanor
08-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
nothing. i love male genitals. anal sex > vagina.

:rofl: Man, a mod really hates you :D

alpha
08-21-2008, 05:35 PM

:rofl: Man, a mod really hates you :D

not just the mods hate him, if you ever met him, you'd hate him too. lol

gpomp
08-21-2008, 05:49 PM

:rofl: Man, a mod really hates you :D it's just 88CRX, he's jealous cuz he drives a minivan.

88CRX
08-21-2008, 06:24 PM
it's just 88CRX, he's jealous cuz he drives a minivan.

Eat a dick.

I don't edit anyones post... however if I were to I probably would edit yours since they're so damn stupid.

However I know who edited it.

alpha
08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Eat a dick.

I don't edit anyones post... however if I were to I probably would edit yours since they're so damn stupid.

However I know who edited it.

please let me know who it is so i might thank him, lol.

oh and btw.. oem > *
:rofl:

95EagleAWD
08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Anyone know a decent place to order Enkei wheels from?!

carzcraz
08-21-2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=614749

Possibly A&J Racing?

4doorj
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Any rim place can basically get enkei
Very easy wheels to get
Try speedtech maybe

95EagleAWD
08-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Ahh, good call. I never thought of looking in the western parts.

2000rs
08-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Anybody driving their S2000 in winter? Which brand of winter tires are best for the S2000 in Calgary's winter?

xviper
08-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by 2000rs
Anybody driving their S2000 in winter? Which brand of winter tires are best for the S2000 in Calgary's winter?
Been driving mine daily for 8 winters now. Any dedicated winter tire will work. However, there are good ones and there are OK ones.
If you want an "OK" winter tire, get any of the performance type winter tires. Bridgestone Blizzak LM series are of this type. They will get you by most winter days but when there is really deep snow, you will struggle with those. The Blizzak WS series are the really serious snow tires, but you don't really need that aggressive a snow tire most days, only a few really bad days. I've run the Blizzak MZ series and now I use the Michelin Alpins. The MZ series aren't made anymore and are replaced by the current WS. The Alpins are the better of the performance type of winter tire.
The Dunlop Wintersport series also make a very good winter tire. If I needed winter tires again, I'll go with the WS Blizzak. I like aggressive snow tires. I do my performance driving in the summer months.

4doorj
08-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Ahh, good call. I never thought of looking in the western parts.
do u miss your nsx?
how do u like it compared to your s2k?

max_boost
08-21-2008, 11:58 PM

Been driving mine daily for 8 winters now. Any dedicated winter tire will work. However, there are good ones and there are OK ones.
If you want an "OK" winter tire, get any of the performance type winter tires. Bridgestone Blizzak LM series are of this type. They will get you by most winter days but when there is really deep snow, you will struggle with those. The Blizzak WS series are the really serious snow tires, but you don't really need that aggressive a snow tire most days, only a few really bad days. I've run the Blizzak MZ series and now I use the Michelin Alpins. The MZ series aren't made anymore and are replaced by the current WS. The Alpins are the better of the performance type of winter tire.
The Dunlop Wintersport series also make a very good winter tire. If I needed winter tires again, I'll go with the WS Blizzak. I like aggressive snow tires. I do my performance driving in the summer months.

:werd:

The Alpins are a nice compromise between the serious and performance tire. I'm on my 3rd set now.

WS are awesome, super soft and sticky. Kumho KW19's is another good soft tire.

gpomp
08-22-2008, 12:08 AM
tirerack sells enkei.

xviper, do you know if steelies fit on the s2k?

4doorj
08-22-2008, 12:17 AM
tirerack sells enkei.

if i remember correctly ian (coldrsx on s2ki from edmonton) was using stealies on his s2k for winter

xviper
08-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Like any rim, if you find steelies of the correct width and offset, they'll fit. I think you can use the ones that work on a CRV. They aren't perfect, but will work for snow tires. Just check the bolt pattern. They should clear the calipers.
However, for the price of steelies these days that have the correct bolt pattern, why not go a few bucks extra and get a set of cheap ADR rims. Contemporary carry them. I paid 95 bucks each for my old ones.

Skyline_Addict
08-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Like any rim, if you find steelies of the correct width and offset, they'll fit. I think you can use the ones that work on a CRV. They aren't perfect, but will work for snow tires. Just check the bolt pattern. They should clear the calipers.
However, for the price of steelies these days that have the correct bolt pattern, why not go a few bucks extra and get a set of cheap ADR rims. Contemporary carry them. I paid 95 bucks each for my old ones.

:werd: ..CRV steelies fit on my Prelude which use 16" rims stock. i would imagine they would use the same ones for the s2000. but ya, you can get wheels for super cheap these days.

shadowz
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
tirerack sells enkei.

Whats even cheaper is buying another set of oem ap1 wheels, ive seen sets go for as low as 150

95EagleAWD
08-22-2008, 02:43 PM

do u miss your nsx?
how do u like it compared to your s2k?

Nope. I'm having way more fun in the S2K. I like the convertible, I like the way it handles and it's just as fast as an NA1 NSX.

No regrets. :thumbsup:

gpomp
08-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I have a set of steelies already. Just wondering if they would fit

2000rs
08-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks xviper and Max_boost for the tire suggestion. I will look more into them.

Xviper, do you have any suspension mods in your S2K?

xviper
08-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by 2000rs
Thanks xviper and Max_boost for the tire suggestion. I will look more into them.

Xviper, do you have any suspension mods in your S2K?
Suspension all stock. I drive through almost everything and I need as much ground clearance as possible.

JKL@STRD
08-29-2008, 03:06 PM
mine :D
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/mboldt/DSC_9226copy.jpg

Eleanor
08-29-2008, 03:19 PM
^Are you b18-c5 or something along those lines on s2ki.com? Nice car! Love the ASM front :drool:

JKL@STRD
08-29-2008, 05:26 PM
^Are you b18-c5 or something along those lines on s2ki.com? Nice car! Love the ASM front :drool:

ya thats me :thumbsup:

shadowz
08-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Loser^^^^^^^ :D

BigShow
09-02-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.wakeburton.com/s2000/slam2.jpg

is that an OEM spoiler ?

Impreza
09-02-2008, 01:25 PM
^Yes that is.

imjimmylin
09-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
http://www.wakeburton.com/s2000/slam2.jpg

is that an OEM spoiler ?

Looks great man! :)

whitexboi69
09-03-2008, 02:14 PM
If anyone is looking for a brand new oem ap1 rear bumper i have one for 400. I'm willing to go down on the price because I sold my ap1 and don't have any use for the bumper anymore

JKL@STRD
09-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Loser^^^^^^^ :D

:whocares: LOL

:D
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/JKL-AP1/21-1.jpg

alpha
09-06-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm selling mine, PM me if your interested