PDA

View Full Version : Official AP1/AP2 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

carzcraz
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Not 100% if there may be another source for them, but here's the seller on ebay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/hindsightseeing

And some reviews with pictures....

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=605008&st=0

NoLimitz
10-08-2008, 09:35 PM
$525 before shipping for the MY00-01 Glass Top?
Damn, when did you get yours?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-S-2000-S2000-2000-2001-00-01-Convertible-Top_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem380070708300QQitemZ380070708300

edit:
just found this one, not quite 400 but better than the first one. I should've looked through all the pages.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-S-2000-S2000-00-01-Convertible-Top-2000-2001_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem380070708794QQitemZ380070708794

what are the differences?

Weapon_R
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
http://shop.convertibletopsplus.com/product.sc?categoryId=13&productId=32

This is his ebay account. His website is above and he accepts credit cards over the phone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-01-HONDA-S2000-CONVERTIBLE-TOP-W-PLASTIC-WINDOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ250190850721

NoLimitz
10-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
http://shop.convertibletopsplus.com/product.sc?categoryId=13&productId=32

This is his ebay account. His website is above and he accepts credit cards over the phone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-01-HONDA-S2000-CONVERTIBLE-TOP-W-PLASTIC-WINDOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ250190850721

Thanks! Although our dollar is so weak right now not sure if I should wait or not.

dimi
10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by NoLimitz

Thanks! Although our dollar is so weak right now not sure if I should wait or not.

That's one annoying sig man...

Weapon_R
10-08-2008, 10:45 PM
In case anyone is unsure, do a search for the EZTop on S2KI.com. Most people say it looks better than OEM and the fit is perfect.

rc2002
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
This install is a PITMFA, I will never ever do this ever again. At first it was sorta enjoyable, then tedious, then it just became flat out frustrating and laborous. I'm actually contemplating taking it to a shop to get the rest of the interior back in, I'm just sick of doing this already.

They're saying it takes the full 11 hours to install it. Initial impressions may be pretty good, but I'd be wary of how an aftermarket top performs after a couple years. Especially with the constant stretching and the need for a precision fit.

This is one of the biggest reasons I sprang for the 02-03. I calculated how much it would cost to get the upgrades I wanted and it made more financial sense just to go for the 02-03.

shadowz
10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Whats even better is if you can find a used softtop with glass, theyre going for a reasonable price with motors and such, Ive seen some for $500cad

LUDELVR
10-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Since I've joined this prestigious band of topless misfits, I'm wondering if the 2001's have heated seats? I only ask because I was trying to find something under my seat and I stumbled across some wiring on the seats but have not seen any switches that would indicate that I had heated seasts. Any insight into what the wiring and harness are under my seat? :dunno:

Cheers.

4doorj
10-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Since I've joined this prestigious band of topless misfits, I'm wondering if the 2001's have heated seats? I only ask because I was trying to find something under my seat and I stumbled across some wiring on the seats but have not seen any switches that would indicate that I had heated seasts. Any insight into what the wiring and harness are under my seat? :dunno:

Cheers.
Congrats on the new car!
From what I remember, I don't think any S2000's came with heated seats at all.

gpomp
10-14-2008, 11:30 PM

Cheers. that's for the seat belt sensor

max_boost
10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
No they don't have heated seats but I'm sure you can probably ghetto rig something together. Something along the lines of cutting out the seat and implanting something in it lol

Anyway, congrats LUDELVR. Pictures of the new ride?

LUDELVR
10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
No they don't have heated seats but I'm sure you can probably ghetto rig something together. Something along the lines of cutting out the seat and implanting something in it lol

Anyway, congrats LUDELVR. Pictures of the new ride?

I've already tried that except now my ass is on fire. But I guess it is complementary to the feeling I get in my dick. :( oh well.

Thanks for the congrats guys, as for the pics, just look at Alpha's old car. Nothing really has changed except for the driver and I'm working on photoshopping my face onto that one! ;)

Another note, is it me or does VTEC kick in a bit late? I'm noticing just after 6000 rpm :dunno:

88CRX
10-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Would I be crazy to rock an S2 in the winter with only the soft top? Would I be freezing my ass off.

I know it's been talked about in here before, but the threads too big to go back through the whole thing.

Edit:

GPW AP2 for sale in Edmonton for $23,700. 21k km's, all stock

http://canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=32989805&pgno=2&srt=1

I wonder why its so cheap :dunno:

Weapon_R
10-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Ludelvr - the vtec engagement point is normal. You can get a VAFC and program it to come on earlier. This mod also seems to net a good 10whp when tuned on a dyno properly.

LUDELVR
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Would I be crazy to rock an S2 in the winter with only the soft top? Would I be freezing my ass off.

I know it's been talked about in here before, but the threads too big to go back through the whole thing.

Edit:

GPW AP2 for sale in Edmonton for $23,700. 21k km's, all stock

http://canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=32989805&pgno=2&srt=1

I wonder why its so cheap :dunno:

I'm wondering the same thing!! I'm gonna be sporting that thing ALL year...even with the top down!! :rofl: by the time summer rolls around, I'll be a drifting master!! :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
10-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Leo didnt know you bought an s2.. congrats.

rc2002
10-16-2008, 09:35 AM
^ That AP2 in Edmonton has been sale for months. If it was a decent car it would've been snapped up by now.

JKL@STRD
10-16-2008, 10:26 AM
maybe cuz its a US car?? i see alot of cheap s2k now.. so sad :(

xviper
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
[B]Would I be crazy to rock an S2 in the winter with only the soft top? Would I be freezing my ass off.
Lots of people have daily driven the S2000 through the ultra cold months, myself included. The first year I had the car, my hardtop was on back order and I used the car all winter. The S2000 has one of the best interior heaters of any car around. Even on the coldest days, it will heat the inside up to the point you will have to turn it down. The soft top can also tolerate quite of bit of snow on it, too. Don't let the idea of it being a small convertible make you think it can't be winter driven. Snow tires are a must. If you park outside on really cold days or nights, the use of a block heater will also make the engine happier.

4doorj
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah ive had a ton of snow on my softtop with no problems.

LUDELVR
10-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Ludelvr - the vtec engagement point is normal. You can get a VAFC and program it to come on earlier. This mod also seems to net a good 10whp when tuned on a dyno properly.

That's a relief to know. In any case, I think I'll just hold off. This thing should be turbo'd by some time next year. :rofl: Ghettofabulous is about to make a resurgence!!

I've seen a lot of setups on these engines, but I'm not a huge fan of the superchargers and definitely not a fan of the FMUs!!! Are the AEM EMSs any good? Anyone have any experience with them?

LUDELVR
10-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Leo didnt know you bought an s2.. congrats.

Yah, driving it until the owner finds me or the cops catch me...whatever comes first! ;)

dimi
10-16-2008, 12:36 PM

That's a relief to know. In any case, I think I'll just hold off. This thing should be turbo'd by some time next year. :rofl: Ghettofabulous is about to make a resurgence!!

I've seen a lot of setups on these engines, but I'm not a huge fan of the superchargers and definitely not a fan of the FMUs!!! Are the AEM EMSs any good? Anyone have any experience with them?

The biggest problem with turbo/supercharging is the engine management. Sure FMUs aren't great and don't do much other than add fuel, but they do come with the supercharger kits so not much to complain about.

An AEM EMS is $1500+ w/o harness (more if you want wideband). Then add in like another $1000 for tuning, and you'll be at least 5 grand in your build. That is if you use cheap parts. A GT30/35R go for around $1200+, so you get the point. Also you'll need a clutch and you'll need money on hand for a new differential.

Oh and I noticed that your car is an 01, just like mine, so replacing those oil bolts is essential if turbo/supercharging. Some people who skip on this get scored bores with kms of trying out their new setups.

If you take all of this into account a bolt on supercharger seems like a good idea. They are relatively reliable too, in comparison with turbos. The Science of Speed which uses the larger Novi1200 (Comptechs use Novi1000) kit is $3800 w/o aftercooler and puts you close to 300 whp. That's what I am saving for. :thumbsup:

PS: And the best advice to a new S2000 owner, check your oil at least once a week, or when you fill up.

Jlude
10-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by dimi

PS: And the best advice to a new S2000 owner, check your oil at least once a week, or when you fill up.

Have you and anyone else find their s2k burns oil? Mine hasn't burned any. I check everytime I get get which is usually twice a week and have never noticed a drop.

rc2002
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
That means you don't know how to read an oil level gauge.

Any Honda I've driven that has VTEC will consume some oil. If you're diligent and you monitor the oil level properly, you WILL notice it drop between oil changes.

Jlude
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
That means you don't know how to read an oil level gauge.

Any Honda I've driven that has VTEC will consume some oil. If you're diligent and you monitor the oil level properly, you WILL notice it drop between oil changes.

I do know how to read my oil guage. My 01 prelude burned noticeable amounts of oil, I just don't find my S2k does.

imjimmylin
10-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I notice when I'm just driving normally (not reving above 5k) I don't really burn any oil at all, when I drive it hard I will notice the oil burn.

LUDELVR
10-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Yah, I've been contemplating the choice between s/c or turbo and after having a turbo lude for so long, I LOVE the lag!! Can't remember who said, it maybe it was Kenne Bell or someone but it was "if you don't have lag, you don't have turbo" :rofl:

I've seen some turbo kits for sale for around the same price (minus the ems) on s2ki and that has somewhat prompted me to going that route. Also, I'm a big boy racer and I love the look of the intercooler and the sound of the blowof valve! :rofl: haha

Haven't been in a supercharged s2k yet so maybe that's still an option. I just made a promise that I won't mod it till after at least one year! :(

The biggest problem with turbo/supercharging is the engine management. Sure FMUs aren't great and don't do much other than add fuel, but they do come with the supercharger kits so not much to complain about.

An AEM EMS is $1500+ w/o harness (more if you want wideband). Then add in like another $1000 for tuning, and you'll be at least 5 grand in your build. That is if you use cheap parts. A GT30/35R go for around $1200+, so you get the point. Also you'll need a clutch and you'll need money on hand for a new differential.

Oh and I noticed that your car is an 01, just like mine, so replacing those oil bolts is essential if turbo/supercharging. Some people who skip on this get scored bores with kms of trying out their new setups.

If you take all of this into account a bolt on supercharger seems like a good idea. They are relatively reliable too, in comparison with turbos. The Science of Speed which uses the larger Novi1200 (Comptechs use Novi1000) kit is $3800 w/o aftercooler and puts you close to 300 whp. That's what I am saving for. :thumbsup:

4doorj
10-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Have you and anyone else find their s2k burns oil? Mine hasn't burned any. I check everytime I get get which is usually twice a week and have never noticed a drop.
I never really noticed any drop in oil either on mine, I always checked mine.

Yah, I've been contemplating the choice between s/c or turbo and after having a turbo lude for so long, I LOVE the lag!! Can't remember who said, it maybe it was Kenne Bell or someone but it was "if you don't have lag, you don't have turbo" :rofl:

I've seen some turbo kits for sale for around the same price (minus the ems) on s2ki and that has somewhat prompted me to going that route. Also, I'm a big boy racer and I love the look of the intercooler and the sound of the blowof valve! :rofl: haha

Haven't been in a supercharged s2k yet so maybe that's still an option. I just made a promise that I won't mod it till after at least one year! :(

Nice, I've been contemplating boosting an S2000 for so long. Just haven't gotten around to it. Who knows one day maybe I will turbo mine. I can't wait to see yours when its turbo'd.

rc2002
10-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm very meticulous about checking oil. I fill exactly to the top dot so I notice if it's off by a hair.

There's no engine in the world that won't consume any oil between oil changes and it IS noticeable on the dipstick. Those who say otherwise are lying.

LUDELVR
10-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Just a quick question here, but has there been any hacks for a F/I application like there were for the older hondas like uberdata that used a p28 ecu or something similar?

I'm all for an EMS, but 1500 is a bit ridiculous!! :eek:

I only ask because they said in the past that the only way to properly turbo the older hondas were by getting a true standalone, but low and behold people came out with uberdata, chrome, the vafc hack and other methods to avoid going that former route.

Redlyne_mr2
10-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Just a quick question here, but has there been any hacks for a F/I application like there were for the older hondas like uberdata that used a p28 ecu or something similar?

I only ask because they said in the past that the only way to properly turbo the older hondas were by getting a true standalone, but low and behold people came out with uberdata, chrome, the vafc hack and other methods to avoid going that former route.
here we go again

GTS Jeff
10-16-2008, 10:21 PM

I do know how to read my oil guage. My 01 prelude burned noticeable amounts of oil, I just don't find my S2k does. Every engine burns oil (it has to, by design, as oil has to seep past the piston rings a tiny bit to keep the whole thing working) but it's just that fresher piston rings do a better job and less oil is burnt.

But didn't you buy your car brand new? A fresh engine burns quite a bit of oil before the piston rings seat properly and create a good seal. I lost like 3/4L in the first few hundred KM as I broke the engine in. :D After break-in, I lose an almost imperceptable amount of oil at every change, even with track days included.

GTS Jeff
10-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by xviper
The S2000 has one of the best interior heaters of any car around. Even on the coldest days, it will heat the inside up to the point you will have to turn it down. I dunno what you've been driving, but pretty much every car is like that. I've never been in a car that's needed to run full blast on the heat, not even my 85 Corolla. I'd say the S2000's heater is about the same as most heaters.

Try the heaters in VWs. Those things will burn your hands at 3/4 and 100% is not something you would even consider, ever.

dimi
10-16-2008, 11:29 PM

This is why so many people kept blowing their engines early on trying to turbo and using some piggyback garbage for tuning. As well AEM EMS eliminates a lot of the usual car functions, and you will have a constant CEL. S2ki F/I forum has a lot of the information you will need.

Hence my argument for superchargers as usually the torque is linear and at low psi levels you can get away with using something like EMU. Oh and for your ricer needs you can always fabricate your own FMIC and put a blowoff valve on the supercharger. In fact I think a company called UR makes a FMIC for the comptech supercharger (not sure on this).

As for the oil, I thought it was common knowledge that AP2s don't burn much oil. AP1s on the other hand do.

Jlude
10-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Every engine burns oil (it has to, by design, as oil has to seep past the piston rings a tiny bit to keep the whole thing working) but it's just that fresher piston rings do a better job and less oil is burnt.

But didn't you buy your car brand new? A fresh engine burns quite a bit of oil before the piston rings seat properly and create a good seal. I lost like 3/4L in the first few hundred KM as I broke the engine in. :D After break-in, I lose an almost imperceptable amount of oil at every change, even with track days included.

Ya it was brand new. I noticed a bit for the fitst change, but since then, it doesn't seem to burn any at all.

Richardchan - that could be the difference between us. I'm not that meticulous with my oil. I fill it up, but don't count the tiny bars on the dipstick.

redblack
10-17-2008, 06:29 AM
I've also noticed that my Ap1 does not burn oil. i usually check everytime i fill up and its always still on the F mark but then again i usually dont hit v-tec very much.

LUDELVR
10-17-2008, 11:39 AM

This is why so many people kept blowing their engines early on trying to turbo and using some piggyback garbage for tuning. As well AEM EMS eliminates a lot of the usual car functions, and you will have a constant CEL. S2ki F/I forum has a lot of the information you will need.

Hence my argument for superchargers as usually the torque is linear and at low psi levels you can get away with using something like EMU. Oh and for your ricer needs you can always fabricate your own FMIC and put a blowoff valve on the supercharger. In fact I think a company called UR makes a FMIC for the comptech supercharger (not sure on this).

Now look what you've gone and made me do...I'm starting to think Supercharger!! ;) I didn't want to go too high anyway in terms of boost pressure. Just enough to make me smile! :)

Still wondering how well it works at high rpm and the high fuel pressure! I know that heaps of people are running them and still getting good numbers, but how's it for longevity? I was doing some reading last night and some guys were getting into the 13:1 afr's but still having no probs. I've mucked around with the fmu's before and I was hoping not to go that route. If people are swapping out the fmu, do they usually go with the aem?

dimi
10-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Now look what you've gone and made me do...I'm starting to think Supercharger!! ;) I didn't want to go too high anyway in terms of boost pressure. Just enough to make me smile! :)

Still wondering how well it works at high rpm and the high fuel pressure! I know that heaps of people are running them and still getting good numbers, but how's it for longevity? I was doing some reading last night and some guys were getting into the 13:1 afr's but still having no probs. I've mucked around with the fmu's before and I was hoping not to go that route. If people are swapping out the fmu, do they usually go with the aem?

I'm not saying you should get a supercharger, just letting you know of some the costs that are involved. You see a lot of threads on s2ki "don't want to spend any more money on this, just get it on the road" and then they come back with blown motors. I've never been in a turbo S2K so I wouldn't know but the general consensus is that it really shifts the power band, and you will get a torque mountain that you will never have with a supercharger. If money was no issue I would definitely be on the turbo wagon, but with the current exchange rate it's just getting harder to get a good F/I setup for a good price. Like previously mentioned go have a look in the S2Ki F/I forum. It's a great place to start. Or you can talk to xviper, he is the S2K god. :burnout:

LUDELVR
10-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry boys, but another quick question. How many of you are running a sub in your car? I've been reading up on s2ki and there are a few running some in the boot, but just wondering how you guys find it if you're running one. Is there heaps of sound lost (just how audible is it)? I'm just pondering the sound transfer seeing that there is no real path for the sound waves seeing that the boot is really isolated, but I'm not exacty sure.

Anybody? :dunno:

4doorj
10-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I was running mine in the corner of my trunk. It was only 8" though. I couldnt hear anything though when I was on deerfoot with the top down.:thumbsup:

Ek9Max
10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Well boys. Got another 2003 GPW ap1. (thanks richard)

It's kinda beat up, but whatever, i'm sure i'll end up replacing everything at some point. And the engine feels strong.

totally stock for now. but i got some goodies on the way.... :poosie:

4doorj
10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Can't wait to see it when its done. It will be crazy!

snow_daniel
10-19-2008, 07:34 PM
what is the plan for the new AP1 :) ???
Look like a white J's S2000 coming out after winter

Ek9Max
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by snow_daniel
what is the plan for the new AP1 :) ???
Look like a white J's S2000 coming out after winter

maybe.... maybe a gt35r.... maybe both?? :poosie:

Ek9Max
10-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Sorry boys, but another quick question. How many of you are running a sub in your car? I've been reading up on s2ki and there are a few running some in the boot, but just wondering how you guys find it if you're running one. Is there heaps of sound lost (just how audible is it)? I'm just pondering the sound transfer seeing that there is no real path for the sound waves seeing that the boot is really isolated, but I'm not exacty sure.

Anybody? :dunno:

my last ap1 had a JL stealthbox in teh trunk. sounded great. I don't think i'm gonna bother with a stereo in this one.

euro_racer
10-19-2008, 08:27 PM
i myself just got a 00 ap1 black with black/red interior, hoping for a J's racing black s2k next summer :D

snow_daniel
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
^ a black J's racing S2000 :D !! nice
you guys going for the Type 2 Front bumper??

JKL@STRD
10-20-2008, 10:54 AM
whoa j's racing everywhere... but its soooo nice!!!!! still my fav :D

euro_racer
10-21-2008, 01:11 PM
anyone have a right side ap1 headlight that they wana sell?

or does anyone have a set of ap2 headlights for sale?

Skyline_Addict
10-21-2008, 01:22 PM
anyone selling an AP2 or know of anyone selling one (in Calgary, preferrably)?

4doorj
10-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
anyone selling an AP2 or know of anyone selling one (in Calgary, preferrably)?
Not sure,
You should just get one. You've been on the fence now for a while on getting one havent you?
Still deciding between a STI and S2K?

Skyline_Addict
10-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

Not sure,
You should just get one. You've been on the fence now for a while on getting one havent you?
Still deciding between a STI and S2K?

and it's going to happen man, 100% sure :). i have decided on the s2000 and have been shopping around discretely for one.

looking for a 2004-2005 AP2, looking to spend low to mid 20s for it.

shadowz
10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
anyone have a right side ap1 headlight that they wana sell?

or does anyone have a set of ap2 headlights for sale?

Still got the Ap1's if youre interested they have the clear lense

Ek9Max
10-21-2008, 01:50 PM

and it's going to happen man, 100% sure :). i have decided on the s2000 and have been shopping around discretely for one.

looking for a 2004-2005 AP2, looking to spend low to mid 20s for it.

the guy i bought my 2003 from was gonan trade it in for a 2008 STI. till he drove it.... said it handled poorly.

04-05 ap2 for mid to low 20's I was looking for the same. but i settled for a 2003 (best year anyways lol)

Skyline_Addict
10-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max

the guy i bought my 2003 from was gonan trade it in for a 2008 STI. till he drove it.... said it handled poorly.

04-05 ap2 for mid to low 20's I was looking for the same. but i settled for a 2003 (best year anyways lol)

i'm pretty much set on the ap2, but what made you choose the 03 over the ap2, specifically?

p.s white is my color of preference, followed by yellow.

shadowz
10-21-2008, 01:58 PM

i'm pretty much set on the ap2, but what made you choose the 03 over the ap2, specifically?

Try driving both, there is a difference to the two, not by much, but its there.

4doorj
10-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

Try driving both, there is a difference to the two, not by much, but its there.
:werd:
But exterior and interior wide, ap2 is better in my opinion.
Just my opinion, dont want to start a ap1 vs ap2 war:rofl:

Motor wise, the 10 tq didn't really to make a huge difference.
I just rev the crap out of it.:love:

euro_racer
10-21-2008, 03:50 PM
would anyone be interested in a brand new authentic j's racing front bumper and sideskirts in CF? i dont know if i want to sell it or not yet so shoot me a few offers and will go from there

maybe i keep it because i always wanted a black j's racing ap1 :bigpimp:

redblack
10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
anybody have a stock plastic trim piece on top of the valve cover for sale or trade, when i bought my car it came with an aftermarket one

xviper
10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by redblack
anybody have a stock plastic trim piece on top of the valve cover for sale or trade, when i bought my car it came with an aftermarket one
You talking about the coilpack cover - the thing that says "VTEC" on it? It's made of metal.
http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/43788/2137408120025981935S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2137408120025981935tCumeV)
They came in a variety of different markings depending on what year you have. They cost about 100 bucks new. Here, you see two types of markings:
http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=S2000&Year=2000&TrimLevel=2DR+S2000+&TransLevel=6MTKA&Section=A&Category=E++09++%7CCYLINDER+HEAD+COVER&Doors=2&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogId=14S2A0&ViewParts=true

redblack
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
yeah thats the piece im looking for. BTW the afermarket one i have is a spoon kevlar one and its yellow

Impreza
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
^I'll trade with you! :D

Weapon_R
10-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
would anyone be interested in a brand new authentic j's racing front bumper and sideskirts in CF? i dont know if i want to sell it or not yet so shoot me a few offers and will go from there

maybe i keep it because i always wanted a black j's racing ap1 :bigpimp:

Let's see some pics :D

euro_racer
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Let's see some pics :D

sorry man no pics, its the same one as shadowz's from speedtech if that helps

xviper
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Looks like this?

http://www.boomplustoys.net/images/Js%20Racing/Js_racing_front_bumper.jpg

gpomp
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM

p.s white is my color of preference, followed by yellow. want a yellow 02?

Ek9Max
10-21-2008, 11:00 PM

price. lol.

I wanted to do lots of mods. and i had a 2003 ap1 before. the ap2 stuff is nice. but the 9000 redline is nice too. lol

euro_racer
10-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by xviper
Looks like this?

http://www.boomplustoys.net/images/Js%20Racing/Js_racing_front_bumper.jpg

yes just like that, heres also how the side skirts look like:
http://www.tremek.com/forum/car-pictures/32417-js-racing-honda-s2000-good-pics.html

shadowz
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by redblack
yeah thats the piece im looking for. BTW the afermarket one i have is a spoon kevlar one and its yellow

I have two coilpack covers, the OEM ones are aluminum. $50 bucks and its yours

Redlyne_mr2
10-23-2008, 01:16 AM
http://thekulife.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/whitespoons2000-3.jpg

snow_daniel
10-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
http://thekulife.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/whitespoons2000-3.jpg

This is the new Pix rolling on a set of Silver RE30
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/456508542_57d07045c7.jpg

Jlude
10-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I did some research and found a few types of wide body kits. Like Tracey... APR GT Wide body kit .... GT3 wide body kit.

Any others I'm missing?

shadowz
10-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Amuse, ASM(worth more than the car), mastergrade :thumbsdow ,

Not that many, but most are of high quality, I wouldnt consider, J's, mild ASM real "widebody", are you gonna be the first highly modded CR in canada? :D

Eleanor
10-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Doesn't sorcery make one as well?

rc2002
10-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by snow_daniel

This is the new Pix rolling on a set of Silver RE30
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/456508542_57d07045c7.jpg

:drool:

Those are the fenders I was going to do but never got around to it. Allows way better brake and tire upgrade options.

shadowz
10-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Yup very funky looking

Jlude
10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Amuse, ASM(worth more than the car), mastergrade :thumbsdow ,

Not that many, but most are of high quality, I wouldnt consider, J's, mild ASM real "widebody", are you gonna be the first highly modded CR in canada? :D

I love the Amuse WB kit, I'm not a huge fan of the exhaust location, but it could grow on me.

I plan to keep the same color scheme (Apex Blue/Black), keep the CR badges, leave the interior stock...

EDIT - I've driven the car maybe 4 or 5 times in the last month. Doing something like this would make me interested in the car again.

Originally posted by Eleanor

It's not my cup of tea.

shadowz
10-23-2008, 10:26 AM

I love the Amuse WB kit, I'm not a huge fan of the exhaust location, but it could grow on me.

I plan to keep the same color scheme (Apex Blue/Black), keep the CR badges, leave the interior stock...

It's not my cup of tea.

I few guys I have seen fill in the exhaust holes and use a normal exiting exhaust on the Amuse kit

Jlude
10-23-2008, 10:31 AM

I few guys I have seen fill in the exhaust holes and use a normal exiting exhaust on the Amuse kit

Hmm... something to consider.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=731611

I found this thread which gave me the idea to do it.

JKL@STRD
10-23-2008, 10:42 AM

EDIT - I've driven the car maybe 4 or 5 times in the last month. Doing something like this would make me interested in the car again.

It's not my cup of tea.

this looks goood
http://www.dchome.net/attachments/day_081010/20081010_08bf9a248c6614b1387fhC77FT1ugFfb.jpg

shadowz
10-23-2008, 10:54 AM
This would would be hot with a roof and wing

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/hgiang2005/S2000/4.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/hgiang2005/S2000/5.jpg

Jlude
10-23-2008, 10:56 AM
^ I wonder if someone could photoshop the CR colors and badges onto that picture.

JKL@STRD
10-23-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.dchome.net/attachments/day_081010/20081010_708e4aa81d5e51add791GSshvWJOcmw2.jpg
:hitit:

analbumcover
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
wow these pics really make me wish i could fit in these things :drool:

imjimmylin
10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover
wow these pics really make me wish i could fit in these things :drool:
How tall are you?

analbumcover
10-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by imjimmylin

How tall are you?

Oh, im about 6'1 but im a heavier guy, i think if i was slim it wouldnt be too bad :banghead:

Diet for S2K?

imjimmylin
10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Just don't eat for a while, the money saved by doing that you can afford a S2K. There so cheap now :dunno:

Impreza
10-23-2008, 01:14 PM
The amuse is my favourite WB kit for the S2000, but the new APR kit is quite nice as well!!

Skyline_Addict
10-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

Diet for S2K?

Diet? Be asian. :D

shadowz
10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Just a little HEAT for everyone since its getting cold outside :D

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/n721185685_761150_7614.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/IMGP0044Medium.jpg
http://maxrev.net/Icons/TimeAttack3/ajrsunset.jpg
http://maxrev.net/Icons/TimeAttack3/garage2.jpg

Jlude
10-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Very hot rides

4doorj
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Man this thread is making me want to get a widebody now:drool:

Ek9Max
10-23-2008, 03:59 PM

do it!

Redlyne_mr2
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
haha thats the only thing keeping me back from buying an S, it would have to have a wb , huge wing etc and I dont have the time, funds, patience for another huge project like that.

shadowz
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM

When you come over tonite I will force you to purchase one hahaha :D

http://autobacs-asm.jp/blog/asm/image/813%20s2000%20IMG_2159.jpg
http://autobacs-asm.jp/blog/asm/image/809%20s2%20front%20IMG_1826.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/IMG_9021copy.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/IMG_9019copy.jpg

Jlude
10-23-2008, 04:24 PM

When you come over tonite I will force you to purchase one hahaha :D

http://autobacs-asm.jp/blog/asm/image/813%20s2000%20IMG_2159.jpg
http://autobacs-asm.jp/blog/asm/image/809%20s2%20front%20IMG_1826.jpg
http://www.s2ki.com/gallery/image/medium/541657.jpg

who owns that? Is it for sale?

shadowz
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM

who owns that? Is it for sale?

Lol my buddies car, it can be for sale hahah

Redlyne_mr2
10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
haha what does lil L' think about that girl on your car.